Here is a review of the top Document Management Integrations for NetSuite with Comparison. Select the best integrations you can use with NetSuite from this exclusive list:
NetSuite is undoubtedly one of the most popular and powerful cloud-based ERP systems out there. Ever since its inception, the tool has been the go-to option for businesses that gravitate towards its ability to simplify various business-critical functions.
Some of its most prominent capabilities entail seamless marketing automation, project management, financial management, and so much more.
That being said, even the most powerful ERP solutions have their limitations and NetSuite is no exception. You may find it sorely lacking in the document management department.
Fortunately, NetSuite supports integrations with a plethora of tools that allow users to streamline the otherwise overwhelming document management process in a cost-effective and automated manner.
With the help of this article, we would like to shed light on a few document management platforms that we believe to be some of the best integrations you can use with NetSuite.
What You Will Learn:
- Document Management Integrations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Top Document Management Integrations for NetSuite
Document Management Integrations
We will break down the tools into their most basic features, talk about what is most liked about them and the stuff not liked, and ultimately let you decide which of these document management integrations for NetSuite would best cater to your specific requirements.
So, let’s get started with the list of Document Management Integrations for NetSuite.
Market Trends: According to a report published by Fortune Business Insights, the global document management system market size, which stood at $5 billion in 2021, is expected to balloon by up to $16.2 billion in 2029 at a CAGR of 16.8%.
- The very first thing to do is to gauge the document management software’s UI. Go for it only if you find the navigation simple and the look comprehensive.
- Online collaboration on a document is a defining feature of tools that promise to facilitate document management. Make sure this feature is available in the software you choose and also ensure it functions fine.
- The software should facilitate real-time monitoring of documents being worked on. You should be able to track all edits happening to the content of the document in real-time.
- Make sure the software works smoothly in conjunction with NetSuite.
- Look for a tool that harbors powerful OCR capabilities to make searching for elements in a document very simple and quick.
- Finally, look for software that is scalable and allows you to build on document management functionality as your business grows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What does a document management system do?
Answer: The basic function of a document management system entails the capturing, tracking, and storing of electronic documents. These electronic documents are digitized versions of paper-based content, which is stored in formats such as PDF, DOCX, JPEGs, etc.
Most businesses today gravitate towards such platforms to streamline and automate the process of managing sensitive information. Such systems provide businesses with the security, centralized storage, and access control needed to manage documents in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner.
Q #2) What are the Three Core benefits of Document Management Systems?
Answer: There are several benefits that make document management systems so essential today.
Some of the most prominent of these benefits include:
- Easy search and retrieval of needed documents.
- Enhanced security.
- Enhanced backup and disaster recovery.
Aside from the above imperative benefits, other merits like improved regulatory compliance, increased productivity, better team collaboration, and reduced storage space also make the prospect of using document management systems very enticing.
Q #3) Is Google Drive a document management system?
Answer: Google Drive is widely known for being a cloud-based platform that allows people to upload, store and manage their files and folders for free. So technically, this would make Google Drive a document management system, albeit not one that can be considered robust or powerful.
It lacks several of the features that specialist businesses demand from today’s comprehensive electronic document management system.
Q #4) How do you evaluate a document management system?
Answer: There are tons of options available at your disposal for document management systems. The challenge arises in finding the one that perfectly adheres to your business model. We would suggest following the below steps to evaluate a document management system before using it with your NetSuite:
- Brainstorm with your team members regarding the pros and cons of the document management system you wish to opt for.
- Be clear about the purpose you wish the document management system to serve for your business.
- Do your due diligence with the vendor before doing your study on the software.
- Create a checklist to identify things you like and didn’t like about the software tested.
Q #5) Is Dropbox a document management system?
Answer: We would label Dropbox as more of a file-sharing system rather than a full-blown document management software. It does exhibit some qualities that are commonly found in DMS software. However, it simply isn’t built as a tool that can perform document management functions.
List of Top Document Management Integrations for NetSuite
Popular and best integrations for Netsuite list:
- PairSoft (Our Recommendation)
- DocuPeak by NetSuite (Recommended One)
- Box for NetSuite
- Wolter’s Kluwer’s CCH SureTax
- Nexonia Express.
Comparing Some of the Best Netsuite Integrations
|Name||Best for||Top Features||Free Trial||Price|
|PairSoft||Powerful search functionality and Secure centralized document repository.||SmartList Integration, Automated Matching, advanced search functionality||Free Demo Available||Quote based|
|DocuPeak By NetSuite||Customizable and Expandable document management||SSO Access, Real-time 2-way data sharing, Deep Data integration||Free Demo Available||Contact for Quote|
|Tray.io||Performing low code automation to create integrations||Customizable templates, Data quality control|
, Data storage management
|14-day free trial and free demo available||Quote based|
|Box for NetSuite||Hassle-free content collaboration||Workflow automation|
, Secure online collaboration
, Enterprise-grade security
|14-day free trial||Starts at $15/users/month|
|Rydoo||Direct one-click Content Synchronization with NetSuite||Expense Management|
Easy document scanning, built-in compliance.
|14-day free trial available.||Starts at $10/user/month.|
#1) PairSoft (Our Recommendation)
Best for powerful search functionality and secure centralized document repository.
PairSoft can help your business save a considerable amount of time in searching and retrieving documents from ERP solutions like NetSuite. The software instantly captures documents in their electronic form and stores them in a secure central repository where they can easily be accessed by authorized users.
With features such as SmartList integration, metadata search, content search, and more, you get multiple options to search and retrieve documents when necessary without a hassle. We especially like how simple the platform is to use, especially regarding its search functionality.
You can simply use keywords or advanced queries to search for your document’s content, metadata, or user-defined metadata in no time. Its SmartList integration is especially useful for preparing for audits. This intuitive feature can access information in batches rather than individually by pulling all documents exhibited in the SmartList results.
PairSoft also excels with digitizing paper documents. You can capture forms or scan documents from a copier or desktop according to your process, preference, and available hardware. Users also get the privilege of assigning user roles, redacting, annotating, and encrypting documents to ensure mission-critical information remains safe.
- SmartList Integration
- Automated Matching
- Perform structured and unstructured searches.
- Intuitive paper capture
- Secure document storage via a central repository.
- Highly scalable
- OCR Smart Invoice capture
- Fully centralized solution
- Quick and easy conversion of documents into digital formats.
- Nothing significant
Verdict: PairSoft is a document management integration we would recommend for NetSuite if you wish to expedite the document management process and save your business some time and money in the process.
The software capably converts documents to their electronic formats, facilitates their safe storage in a secure central repository, and offers easy access to them with robust search functionality.
Price: Contact for a quote, free demo available.
#2) DocuPeak by NetSuite (Recommended One)
Best for customizable and expandable document management.
DocuPeak is another document management software that shines, thanks to its ability to seamlessly integrate with ERP tools like NetSuite. With DocuPeak, you can manage all paper documents related to your business electronically in a fully integrated and automated system.
DocuPeak is one of those rare integrations that support NetSuite SSO, which means your log-in will always be hassle-free. The main DocuPeak dashboard can be accessed from NetSuite’s center tab, entity sub-tabs, or in the transaction tab.
Another aspect of this tool that had me completely floored was how it handles the automation and processing of Accounts Payable documents. The tool provides you with the automation tools needed to automatically route documents such as AP invoices through a predefined role-based review and approval process.
- Automatic Document Routing and Approval.
- Smart Document Recognition.
- Track and keep an audit trail of all document-based activity.
- Facilitate easy access to documents to authorized parties within NetSuite.
- Can handle high volumes of documents.
- Highly customizable
- Real-time 2-way data sharing
- Built for NetSuite verified
- Supports NetSuite SSO
- Nothing significant
Verdict: DocuPeak makes sure all paper-based documents are converted into electronic formats and are made readily available to key project teams and departments from within NetSuite.
The solution was built for NetSuite and works well as an enterprise-grade information capture and AP automation solution that brings features like OCR, high-volume document processing, metadata linking, etc. to NetSuite.
Price: Quote-Based, Free Demo Available.
Best for performing low code automation to create integrations.
The Tray platform was built to help businesses solve integration challenges that are common with tools like NetSuite. The platform arms users with a unique visual tool that helps them imitate the logic and flow of business processes. Users can build complex integrations without any coding knowledge required.
- Customizable templates
- Data Quality Control
- Data storage management
- Workflow management
- Universal Connector allows you to integrate your business processes with any app.
- Drop-and-drop interface to build integrations.
- Allows you to create complex configurable workflows.
- Get guaranteed hands-on customer support.
- Need better documentation and tutorials that teach you how to implement some complex integrations.
Verdict: With Tray, you get a powerful tool that can easily automate complex processes like document management by solving issues that commonly arise during integrations. It’s not just NetSuite, Tray will simplify the integration of any app and automate your entire business to drive growth.
Price: Contact for quote. A 14-day free trial along with a free demo is also available.
#4) Box for NetSuite
Best for hassle-free content collaboration.
Box brings its superior cloud content management capabilities to NetSuite, and this is precisely why this platform makes it to my list. The integration allows you to store all your important information in a secure repository.
From there, you’ll get instant access to the information as well as the ability to share and collaborate on the documents stored, without logging off NetSuite.
Box allows you to organize all business-critical data by record type and associate that content with related NetSuite records. You can also rest easy knowing that all of your files are safe with Box as the platform applies strict security measures like compliance certifications and government safeguards to each file stored in its repository.
- Set custom user permissions
- Workflow automation
- Secure online collaboration
- Enterprise-grade security
- Data loss protection
- Advanced search filters.
- Unlimited document storage.
- End-to-end data protection.
- Excellent technical support during local hours.
- Flexible pricing plans.
- Limited offline capability.
Verdict: We like Box for two major reasons. First, the privilege it affords users to collaborate on files together with their team members is truly impressive. Second, the platform basically applies native security control like encryption keys to your NetSuite content to keep it safe. As such, this is a great document management integration for a popular ERP solution.
Price: Business plan – $15/users/month, Business plus Plan – $25/user/month, Enterprise plan – $35/user/month. Custom Enterprise Plus plan is also available upon contact. A 14-day free trial is available.
Website: Box for NetSuite
Best for direct one-click Content Synchronization with NetSuite.
Rydoo makes it to my list because of how easily it integrates with NetSuite. With just a single click, you can seamlessly sync all projects and users on both systems for a hassle-free document management experience. Rydoo allows you to scan and digitize all your paper documents using desktops, emails, and mobile phones.
Rydoo especially excels in expense management. Once you’ve opened your Rydoo account, you can manage all your expenses on it in a very quick and efficient manner. We especially like how Rydoo allows you to sync projects on your NetSuite account and assign them to expenses in Rydoo.
- Enhanced Expense Management.
- Easy document scanning.
- Sync project and user data on NetSuite.
- Built-in local compliance.
- Get a better overview of your organization’s expenses.
- Just a single click to sync your NetSuite content with Rydoo.
- Ensure compliance with tax laws in multiple countries.
- Get comprehensive insight into your company’s spend to manage your budget.
- More emphasis on expense management makes the toolless effective for handling other document-related activities.
Verdict: If you seek full visibility over your company’s expenses across multiple regions from a single platform, then Rydoo is the platform for you. It seamlessly syncs with NetSuite, allowing you to both import and export projects and user data from the ERP tool.
Price: Essentials plan for $10 per user per month, Pro plan for $12 per user per month, Custom enterprise plan also available. A 14-day free trial is available.
Best for simplified document storage for NetSuite.
eXtendFiles is a fully-integrated cloud-based document storage solution that perfectly caters to the requirements of NetSuite users. The tool basically allows you to leverage NetSuite’s capabilities like collaborative proofing, image conversion, etc. to make document management appear as simple as possible.
The platform allows you to upload many files as long as those documents do not exceed your cloud storage’s file size limit.
In fact, you get the privilege of setting your own file size restrictions from within eXtendFiles’ settings. Another thing we really like about eXtendFiles is the fact that it allows users to convert heavyweight files such as DST and EPS into formats such as JPG images to make them easier to share, view and display.
- Dynamic Captions
- FTP Replacement
- Related Recorded Connection
- Facilitate simple feedback and collaboration.
- Built for NetSuite certified.
- Easy-to-use web interface built into NetSuite.
- Link your Amazon, Google Drive, and other such cloud storage platforms to NetSuite.
- Set your own size restrictions to limit file uploads.
- Customer support leaves a lot to be desired.
Verdict: With eXtendFiles, you get a document storage solution that is compatible with all the latest releases of NetSuite. The platform encourages a collaborative environment by facilitating hassle-free feedback and approvals with the help of an easy-to-use interface built right into NetSuite.
Price: Contact for a quote, free demo available.
Best for tax return calculation and management.
Avalara is a sales tax integration platform for you if you wish to calculate tax rates, prepare returns and manage exemption certificates right from your NetSuite account. Avalara affords you the privilege of applying a single tax profile to each of your customers, regardless of their sales channel or location.
Avalara serves as the perfect alternative to complex spreadsheets. The platform works phenomenally well with both local and state governments while assisting in filing and paying taxes.
- Calculate tax rates.
- Prepare, file, and remit returns.
- Manage compliance documents and exemption certificates.
- Apply accurate tax to each customer.
- Allows you to better assess tax obligations in each state.
- Manage taxability rules across vast product inventory.
- Gather tax exemption certificates and manage them in NetSuite.
- Validate tax-exempt sales to minimize audit risks.
- Customer service needs work. More often than not, it is very hard to get a response from them when necessary.
Verdict: Avalara is a platform we would recommend if you wish to manage your tax-related documents in a more automated and streamlined fashion. Its customer service can be frustrating. Other than that, Avalara works fantastic as an incredibly productive sales tax integration for NetSuite.
Price: Contact for a quote, free demo available.
Best for AP Process Automation.
Bill.com makes the process of digitally capturing, storing, and managing payments, invoices and documents look like a piece of cake. You get the privilege of approving and tracking online payments anytime, anywhere from any device. Bill.com also simplifies the payment approval process by helping you define business rules.
These pre-defined rules help you assign the task of approving documents to the right individual on your team. Another thing that Bill.com does exceptionally well is that it helps you pay international vendors without incurring wire transfer fees, which is always a problem with payments made through banks.
- Sync POs in NetSuite.
- Single Sign-On
- An intuitive dashboard to compare POs to invoices.
- Align POs and Invoices in the same system for accurate payment.
- Automatically close POs once payment is cleared.
- Reduce data entry errors, thanks to AI-enabled invoice coding.
- Duplicate invoice detection.
- Two-way Sync between Bill.com and NetSuite.
- Faster account reconciliation as payments are matched automatically to their corresponding invoices.
- Payment processing can sometimes be slow.
Verdict: Bill.com is an AP automating platform that I believe serves small and mid-sized enterprises very well. It seamlessly Syncs with the purchase orders you make in NetSuite and matches them to the corresponding invoices without a hassle. This is a NetSuite integration. we would recommend gaining more control over your AP documents.
Price: Contact for a quote, 30-Day risk-free trial is available.
#9) Wolters Kluwer CCH SureTax
Best for accurate Sales and Tax Management.
Wolters Kluwer is home to a plethora of solutions that specialize in making taxation and accounting simple. However, CCH SureTax is where it truly excels in my opinion. With CCH SureTax, you basically get a system that can accurately calculate, collect, and remit taxes to the correct tax authorities whenever necessary.
The solution integrates seamlessly with NetSuite and syncs with your accounting and tax-related documents on that platform.
- Build cloud-based and on-premise tax and accounting solutions.
- Fast return filing
- Tax workflow automation.
- Compliance with tax laws across North America.
- Built tailor-made tax and accounting software.
- Scales as your business grows.
- Highly customizable
- Excellent customer support.
- It can be rather expensive.
Verdict: We thought the inclusion of Wolters Kluwer makes sense as they enjoy a sizeable, loyal client base that relies on them for custom-made solutions that can integrate with NetSuite and help with the management of tax and accounting-related documents. The software essentially eliminates any risk associated with taxation by automating the entire process.
Price: Contact for a quote, free demo available.
Website: Wolters Kluwer CCH SureTax
Best for Automated Expense Management.
Nexonia is yet another fully-integrated expense management platform on my list that works remarkably well with NetSuite. The software basically extends the current functionality of your NetSuite with features that facilitate impeccable time-tracking, invoicing, expense management, and travel solutions.
- Quick Sync with NetSuite.
- Global Tax and VAT Management.
- Configurable workflows.
- Intuitive mobile app.
- Mobile-friendly application.
- Create and manage finances rapidly.
- Can be configured to comply with your organization’s policies.
- Facilitates quick reimbursement to employees.
- UI Design isn’t interactive and leaves a lot to be desired.
- The reporting can be a tad bit clumsy.
Verdict: If you can look past a rather disappointing interface design, then you’ll find a document management integration for NetSuite that simplifies expense management considerably. Plus, the fact that it comes with a user-friendly mobile app allows you to manage documents anytime, from anywhere you like.
Price: Starting at $12 per user per month. The custom plan is also available. Free demo available.
As mentioned before, NetSuite is a powerful ERP tool that can perform a lot of tasks. Like any other software on this planet, however, it too has its limitations. If you wish to enhance the efficiency of your organization’s document management process, then any of the above NetSuite integrations would serve your business very well.
Each of the above solutions demands little to no effort on your behalf to Sync with the project and user information available in your NetSuite account. We can guarantee that you will experience a significantly more streamlined document management experience with the above solution while working hand-in-hand with NetSuite.
As for our recommendations on document management integrations for NetSuite, we would recommend you try PairSoft or DocuPeak by PairSoft to efficiently and securely store, track, manage, share and collaborate on all files critical to your business.
- We spent 25 hours researching and writing this article so you can have summarized and insightful information on which document management integrations for NetSuite you should try.
- Total Tools Researched: 25
- Total Tools Shortlisted: 10