List of the Best free Web Scraping Software and Tools for extracting data online without coding:
What is Web Scraping?
Web scraping is a technique that is used to extract data from websites. It is also called as Web harvesting.
This extracted data is saved either in a local file to the computer or to the database. It is the process in which data is collected automatically for the web.
How is Web Scraping performed?
In order to scrape data from a website, software or a program is used. This program is called Scraper. This program sends a GET request to the website from which the data needs to be scrapped.
As a result of this request, an HTML document which will be analyzed by this program is received. Then it makes a search for your required data and makes the conversion in the required format.
There are two different methods for performing web scraping, one is accessing www via HTTP or a web browser and the second one is making use of bot or web crawler.
Web Scraping is considered as bad or illegal but it not always bad. Many times government websites make data available for public use. It is also made available through API. However, as this work needs to be performed for a high data volume, Scrapers are used.
Uses of Web Scraping
Web Scraping is used for research work, sales, marketing, finance, e-commerce, etc. Many times, it is used to know more about your competitors.
The following image will show you the typical uses of web scraping and their percentage.
What You Will Learn:
- Best Web Scraping Tools for Data Scraping
Best Web Scraping Tools for Data Scraping
Enlisted below are the top Web Scraping Tools that you should know in 2019.
Comparison of Top Web Scraping Tools
|Web scraping tools||Tagline||Output Formats||Users||Free Trial||Price|
|Helium Scraper||Powerful and user-friendly web scraping software||Excel, CSV, XML, JSON, SQLite||Business and Individuals.||Available for 10 days.||$99 to $699, single payment.|
|ScraperAPI||We handle 2 billion API requests per month for over 1,000 businesses and developers around the world||TXT, HTML CSV, or Excel formats||Small, medium, enterprise as well as individuals||Available||1000 free API calls|
Then starts with $29 per month only.
(See Discount Below)
|Web Scraper||Chrome extension: A free tool to scrape dynamic web pages.||CSV or through API, Webhooks, Dropbox.||--||Available||Free: Browser extension. Project: $50/month. Professional: $100/month. Business: $200/month. Scale: $300/month.|
|Grepsr||Web Scraping service platform that’s effortless.||XML, XLS, CSV, & JSON||Every one.||You can sign up for free||Starter Plan: Starts at $129/site for 50K records. Monthly Plan: Starts at $99/site. Enterprise Plan: (Get a quote)|
|ParseHub||A web scraping tool that is easy to use.||JSON, Excel, and API.||Executives, Data Scientists, software developers, business analysts, pricing analysts, consultants, marketing professionals etc.||Free plan available.||Free plan for everyone. Standard: $149 per month, Professional: $499 per month, & Enterprise: Get a quote.|
|Mozenda||Put your web data extraction strategy on autopilot.||TSV, CSV, XML, XLSX, JSON or through API.||Individuals and teams from the companies of all sizes.||Available for 30 days.||Project: $250/month for one user. Professional: $350/month for 2 users. Enterprise: $450/month for 3 users. Managed services: Get a quote.|
Let's see the detailed review of each tool in the list.
#1) Helium Scraper
Price: Helium Scraper offers 4 licenses packages that range from $99 for a single user to $699 for 10 users, which also includes 6-month premium support. All licenses are perpetual; no monthly payments are required.
Description: Helium Scraper is a powerful and fast web scraper that simplifies the workflow by providing a comprehensive list of prebuilt actions that users can select from.
- Fast extraction that runs on multiple off-screen browsers.
- Complex actions can be defined by combining built-in ones.
- Easy to use text transformation tool.
- Automatically detect lists and data points on web pages.
- Can extract from HTTP APIs without any coding.
- Extraction runs locally and data is stored directly into the local machine.
- Automatically generates output tables and relations based on extracted data.
- Extracts hierarchical and even recursive data with ease.
#2) Scraper API
Price: 1000 API calls are free. There are four pricing plans i.e. Hobby ($29 per month), Startup ($99 per month), Business ($249 per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote).
Scraper API will help you to build scalable Web Scrapers. It can be easily integrated. Just a GET request and a URL is required. More advanced Use cases are also provided in the documentation. There are geo-located rotating proxies to route the request through these proxies.
- It can be integrated easily.
- It can also automate CAPTCHA.
- It will never get blocked with IP bans and CAPTCHA.
- Completely customizable
- It is fast and reliable.
Price: (We have a Discount Code For You!)
- 1000 free API calls
- Then starts at $29 per month only.
Use Discount Code to get 10% Off on any plan
Discount Code: softwaretestinghelp
#3) Web Scraper
Price: Web Scraper browser extension is free for use. There are four more pricing plans i.e. Project ($50 per month), Professional ($100 per month), Business ($200 per month), and Scale (Starts from $300 per month).
Web Scraper provides web data extraction services to everyone. It provides a cloud-based platform to access the scraped data. It can extract data from modern and dynamic websites. It provides a simple interface and no coding skills will be required.
- Data extraction from websites with categories and sub-categories, pagination, and product pages.
- Tailoring of data extraction according to different site structures.
- Coding is not required.
- Cloud Web Scraper
- Scraped data is accessible through API, Webhooks or Dropbox.
Website: Web Scraper
Price: Grepsr offers three pricing plans i.e. Starter Plan (Starts at $129 per site), Monthly Plan (Starts at $99 per site), and Enterprise Plan (Get a quote).
Grepsr provides a web scraping service platform. This platform will help you to capture the data, normalize it, and put that data your system. This platform is for everyone right from marketers to investors.
- It can provide pricing, categories, inventory, and other crucial information.
- Cleaning of financial and market data.
- It will help you with monitoring of the distribution chain.
- It will also help you with News and Content aggregation.
- It will help you in powering your application.
- Supports multiple output format.
- Email delivery
- You will get unlimited bandwidth.
Price: You can pay on a monthly as well as quarterly. Here we are mentioning monthly plans. There are four plans. There is a free plan for everyone and the other three plans include Standard ($149 per month), Professional ($499 per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote).
ParseHub provides an easy to use web scraping tool. It can perform data extraction from multiple pages. It can interact with AJAX, forms, dropdown, etc. It has an easy to use interface.
- Data can be extracted from any website for research work.
- Data extraction to know more about the products, their prices, images, and reviews.
- Data aggregation from multiple websites.
- Web scraping for industry, marketing, and competitors analysis.
- REST API for building mobile and web apps.
- Desktop app.
- Easy to use interface.
#6) Scraper (Chrome Extension)
Scraper is the Google Chrome extension for extracting data from web pages. It is simple, easy, and fast.
- Quickly gets data from webpages to spreadsheets.
- Simple tool.
- A perfect tool for online research.
- Easy to use.
#7) Scrapy Python Web Scraper
Scrapy provides an open-source platform for data extraction. It is a collaborative framework. It is written in Python. It is easily extensible and portable. It supports Windows, Linux, Mac, and BSD.
- Scrapy will help you to build your own web spiders.
- Developed web spiders can be deployed to Scrapy cloud or to your own servers.
- It supports Windows, Mac, Linux, and BSD.
Pros: It is easily extensible.
Price: Mozenda offers three pricing plans i.e. Project ($250 per month for one user), Professional ($350 per month for 2 users), and Enterprise ($450 per month for 3 users). You can get a quote for managed services.
Mozenda provides services for Data Harvesting and Data Wrangling. The services are available on-premises as well as in the cloud. It can prepare data for strategy, growth, finance, research, marketing, operations, and sales.
- It performs simultaneous processing, hence it works faster.
- Data scraping for websites from different geographical locations.
- Data collection and agents can be controlled through API.
- You will get email notifications.
- Templates for agent building.
- Cloud-based as well as an on-premises solution for Web data scraping.
- Images and files downloading.
- Rich in features API.
Price: There are three pricing plans i.e. Essential ($299 per month), Essential Annual ($1999 annual), and Premium Plans (Contac company).
Import.io offers the services of web data scraping, preparing that data, integrating it, and providing insights. Import.io will help you with many sectors like retail & manufacturing, finance & insurance, machine learning, risk management, product, strategy & sales, and more solutions for data journalism and academic research.
- Downloading of images and file.
- It has linked extractors.
- It provides many other features like URL generators, automated pagination, and scheduling.
- It has more features like Data reports, portal sharing, and price monitoring.
- Daily or monthly reports facility.
- Coding not required.
Price: Dexi offers three pricing plans i.e. Standard ($119 per month), Professional ($399 per month), and Corporate ($699 per month). The prices will be less when paid annually.
Dexi is the provider of Web Scraping software. This software will give you the clean data which will be ready to use. It can be used for Web Scraping, interaction, monitoring, and processing. Data insights provided by the software will help you with better decisions and improved business performance.
- It has features for transforming, aggregating, manipulating, and combining data.
- Tools for debugging.
- Data can be extracted from any website.
- Automatic duplication of data.
- It provides many integrations.
- It is easily scalable.
#11) Data Scraper (Chrome Extension)
Price: Starter subscription with which you can scrape 500 pages for free every month is available. Paid plans are also available.
Data Scraper can extract data from HTML pages. Extracted data is saved in Excel Spreadsheets. It can be used by anyone right from students, salespeople, recruiters to Social media managers.
- It can extract lists.
- It can also extract tables.
- Extracted lists and tables can be uploaded into Google Sheets and Excel.
- Supported output formats include XLS, CSV, XLSX, AND TSV files.
- It can work in offline mode too.
- Provides many advanced features like support for international language and automatic navigation to the next page.
Website: Data Scraper
Additional Web Scraping Tools
Octoparse is a web scraping tool for all types of websites. It is easy to use and can download the results in CSV, Excel, API, or directly in the database. No coding is required to extract the data. Cloud services are available. It provides features like an automatic rotation of IP to prevent blocking.
Octoparse offers a free plan for unlimited pages and unlimited computers. There are three paid plans i.e. Standard ($75 per month), Professional ($209 per month), and Enterprise (Starts at $4899 per year).
#13) Content Grabber
Content Grabber offers a scalable solution for web data extraction. It offers two solutions i.e. Content Grabber for Enterprises and Managed data services. It has solutions for business or E-commerce, Finance, and Government.
Content Grabber will ensure you about its usability, technical superiority, reliability, scalability, compliance, and flexibility. It can be included in the desktop application using API integration. As per the online reviews, it will cost you a one-time amount of $995.
Website: Content Grabber
ScrapingHub provides a cloud-based platform for web crawling.
Diffbot makes use of AI for Web data extraction. Data extraction can be done from a website. It offers a free trial for 14 days. Diffbot has three pricing plans i.e. Startup ($299 per month), Plus ($899 per month), and Professional ($3999 per month).
In this article, we have seen almost all the top web scraping tools. Web Scraper is a Chrome browser extension which extracts the data based on the created sitemap. Grepsr is best for business people. It offers built-in add-ons and unlimited bandwidth.
ParseHub is good for handling interactive maps, calendars, forums, nested comments, dropdown, forms, and forums. Mozenda is best for building robust data sets with minimum configuration. Import.io provides the best daily or monthly reports.
We hope this article will help you in selecting the correct web scraping tool as per your requirement.