List and comparison of the top ETL Automation Tools with features and pricing. Select the Data Warehouse Automation software from this list per your requirements:
Data Warehouse and ETL Automation Software is an application to automate, monitor, and manage critical data processes.
ETL automation tools have data integration and transformation capabilities for any data complexity. Data Warehouse and ETL automation software can automate up to 80% of the data warehouse lifecycle.
Businesses collect, process, and protect information related to business decisions, day-to-day operations, and customer experience. All this information is collected from various applications, siloed systems, and other external sources.
Hence businesses have to use various ad-hoc solutions, automation scripts, and ETL automation tools. This rapid increase in the number of applications, cloud systems, and IoT touchpoints makes data warehousing complex.
Workload Automation solutions consolidate and co-ordinate multiple data management tools like ETL tools and BI platforms and simplify the data warehouses. Use of the Workload Automation solution will give you a single solution to automate, monitor, and manage critical data processes.
What You Will Learn:
- Data Warehouse Automation Tool And Its Benefits
- List of Top ETL Automation Tools
- Comparison of Data Warehouse Automation Tools
- #1) ActiveBatch (Recommended)
- #2) Redwood RunMyJobs
- #3) Zapbi ETL Data Warehouse Automation Software
- #4) WhereScape Data Warehouse Automation
- #5) Astera DW Builder
- #6) Qlik Compose
- #7) Oracle Data Warehouse
- #8) Amazon Redshift
- #9) Bitwise QualiDI
- #10) Informatica Data Validation
- #11) Codoid ETL Testing Services
- #12) Datagaps ETL Validator
Data Warehouse Automation Tool And Its Benefits
Data Warehouse Automation tools contain ETL & ETL data integration processes, Source data modeling, connectivity to multiple data providers, and denormalized, normalized, & multi-dimensional data structures.
The below image will show you the components of Data Warehouse Automation.
The use of Data Warehouse Automation Tools will give you improved data quality and precision. This gives businesses access to reliable data and advanced & accurate reporting & analysis. It helps businesses to quickly respond to the ever-changing market conditions. It gives improved business agility.
These are code-free tools and you will be able to automate in half the time without scripting. It provides real-time insights and has customizable alerting features.
List of Top ETL Automation Tools
Here is the list of popular Data Warehouse Automation Software:
- ActiveBatch (Best Overall)
- Redwood RunMyJobs
- ZAP Data Hub
- WhereScape Data Warehouse Automation
- Astera DW Builder
- Qlik Compose
- Oracle Data Warehouse
- Amazon Redshift
- Bitwise QualiDi
- Informatica Data Validation
- Codoid ETL Testing Services
- Datagaps ETL Validator
Comparison of Data Warehouse Automation Tools
|Tools||Our Ratings||About Tool||Best For||Supported Data Sources||Free Trial|
|ActiveBatch||Workload Automation Tool||Optimizing end-to-end processes and orchestrating multiple ETL tools.||Microsoft SQL, Oracle Databases, Informatica, Hadoop ecosystem, and others through API accessibility.||Demo and a 30-day free trial.|
|Redwood RunMyJobs||Workload Automation & Job Scheduling Tool.||Integrating data from multiple sources.||Apache®, Hadoop, Spark™, etc.||Available on request.|
|ZAP Data Hub||Data Warehouse Automation Software||Easy to use solution for business data.||Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, Sage, and Oracle, and SQL Databases.||Free demo available.|
|WhereScape||Data Warehouse & Infrastructure Automation||Automating designs & for fast-track projects.||Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, IBM Netezza, Oracle, etc.||Request a demo.|
|Astera DW Builder||Data Management Solutions||Building an integrated data ecosystem.||Legacy & Modern data sources.||Available|
|Qlik||Data analytics & Data Integration Solutions||Automated and continuous refinement.||Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Exadata, Azure SQL Data, AWS Redshift.||Available|
Let us review each ETL Testing Automation tool in detail:
#1) ActiveBatch (Recommended)
Best for optimizing your ETL processes.
ActiveBatch Workload Automation contains the Data Warehouse and ETL Automation functionalities that will help you to optimize your ETL processes for real-time data warehousing.
ActiveBatch has an integrated Jobs Library that will let you build and automate reliable end-to-end workflows in half the time. This library has a lot of pre-built, platform-neutral connectors that will help you with streamlining data warehousing and ETL processes without scripting.
- ActiveBatch Workload Automation tool provides a Service library to integrate everything virtually. It provides full API accessibility that will let you load and execute WSDLs, SOAP Web Services, RESTful Services, etc.
- Advanced Scheduling features will let you trigger data warehousing and ETL processes according to external conditions. It will let you do constraint-based scheduling and granular date/time scheduling.
- Add multiple checkpoints within data warehouse processes, so that steps can be restarted without impacting the entire batch process.
- Auditing and Governance features will help you to streamline business rules across teams, departments, & geographic locations and drive governance across the enterprise.
- You can prevent unauthorized access with the help of granular permissions, multi-factor authentication, and privileged access management.
Verdict: ActiveBatch Workload Automation will let you build reliable and end-to-end workflows to manage data and dependencies across disparate, heterogeneous systems. It has an intuitive drag-and-drop workflow designer to build end-to-end workflows. ActiveBatch has rich and event-driven architecture.
Price: Demo and a 30-day free trial. You can get a quote for its pricing details. A demo will be available on request.
#2) Redwood RunMyJobs
Best for integrating data from multiple sources according to the process dependencies and requirements.
Redwood offers the data warehouse management platform with functionalities for easily building processes that feed into existing ETL, OLAP, and BI tools. It facilitates watching data pipeline processes from a single point. It has the capability of running process flows according to any criteria that you define.
- Redwood provides the features of automating data pulls from any application or database such as Hadoop.
- It has features for data feeds to dashboards, reporting, and BI tools.
- Failures can be eliminated through automated exception management.
- The tool has features for ensuring the security and availability of data.
Verdict: This data automation platform has functionalities for the entire environment and can be integrated with ERP, CRM, financial tools, databases, Big Data Platforms, etc. It gives you complete visibility of real-time progress. It gives you unparalleled scalability and accuracy.
#3) Zapbi ETL Data Warehouse Automation Software
Best as an easy-to-use solution for business data.
ZAP is the ETL Data Warehouse automation Software that is compatible with multiple ERP, CRM, and financial systems and databases. You will get automated data management for PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, or any self-service BI tool. It is useful to support various departments across businesses with data warehousing.
It can be deployed, in the cloud, on-premise, or in a hybrid combination. ZAP Data Hub is the provider of essential data management to all the users of all Business Intelligence software and gives secure, efficient, and accurate access to your Data Warehouse.
It automatically collects, integrates, and prepares data for BI users through features of Data collection, Data integration, Data preparation, and Data governance.
- ZAP Data Hub has a zero-code graphical interface and follows an agile approach. It provides wizard-based automation.
- It will be easier to add the data sources even with the changing reporting needs.
- The platform is optimized for Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, Sage, Oracle, and SQL databases.
- ZAP Data Hub provides the features of the Hybrid Data Collection.
- It has intuitive data modeling features that will let you drag-and-drop elements.
Verdict: ZAP Data Hub is an easy-to-use pre-packed ETL Data Warehouse automation software. It is a low-cost and flexible tool for business data. It is for Data professionals requiring fast, automated, and agile data warehouse builds. With the help of ZAP Data Hub, you will be able to meet reporting needs as data sources can be added easily.
Price: You can get a quote for pricing details.
Website: Zapbi ETL Data Warehouse Automation Software
Further Reading => Updated List of BEST Software for ETL Automation
#4) WhereScape Data Warehouse Automation
Best for automating designs & for fast-track projects.
WhereScape offers the product WhereScape 3D to plan, model, and design any type of data infrastructure projects. It has data discovery and profiling capabilities. It offers two more products i.e. WhereScape® Red and WhereScape® Data Vault Express.
WhereScape Automation is the platform to design, develop, deploy, and operate. It is the tool for on-premise as well as cloud data platforms. It has incorporated dimensional, 3NF, and Data Vault 2.0 methodologies.
WhereScape: Supported Data Sources and Platforms are Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, IBM Netezza, Oracle, Snowflake, Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, etc. It supports CSV, JSON, and XML file formats.
- WhereScape has features for Amazon Redshift, Apache Kafka, Exasol, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, Snowflake, Teradata, etc.
- It provides automation for Snowflake that combines native Snowflake functions, wizards, and best practices.
- WhereScape Automation for Teradata has capabilities of Teradata that will minimize development complexity and will help you to deliver Teradata infrastructure projects faster.
Verdict: WhereScape Data Automation is the Integrated, Metadata-driven, and fully documented platform. WhereScape 3D can reduce time to production by 80%.
Price: You can get a quote for its pricing details. A demo is available on request.
#5) Astera DW Builder
Best for automating data warehouse development for any cloud & on-prem databases.
Astera DW Builder is an agile, metadata-driven solution that simplifies and accelerates tasks across the entire data warehousing lifecycle, from design and development all the way to publishing data.
The platform-agnostic characteristics of the product allow users to build their data warehouse anywhere they want, be it on the cloud or on-prem.
The built-in ETL component offers automated query-building capabilities that allow users to build data pipelines to populate data warehouses completely code-free. It features 600+ transformations that are supported in both ETL and ELT mode, allowing you to push down the transformation logic for faster query performance.
It provides seamless connectivity to 40+ on-prem and cloud databases (Azure and Amazon cloud) and web applications and through REST APIs. It allows publishing data directly to leading BI tools, like Tableau and Power BI, through the built-in OData service module.
Overall, Astera provides a unified, code-free platform that automates a majority of data warehousing tasks, like dimensional and data vault modeling, ETL/ELT, and more. It is a high-performing, user-friendly ETL and data warehousing software.
- Astera DW Builder software has a code-free and user-friendly development environment.
- It has a feature-rich data model designer that allows you to build your data warehouse schemas with ease.
- It has supports technologies like Change Data Capture, Slowly Changing Dimensions (1,2,3 & 6), job scheduling, and workflow orchestration.
- It allows connectivity to all popular sources, like SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Vertica, Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, and more.
- You will be able to build your entire data warehouse with this single tool.
- It allows working in short iteration cycles and rapid testing and prototyping.
Verdict: This data warehouse automation tool will allow you to model, validate, load, and publish your business data and provide a unified view of your data assets for holistic, data-driven decisions.
By using Astera DW Builder, businesses can build a BI-ready data warehouse in weeks or days. Thanks to its metadata-driven architecture, users can future-proof their deployment and iterate models easily to factor in new business changes. Overall, it is a single complete platform that allows you to streamline all data warehousing tasks.
Price: You can get a quote for its pricing details. You can also request a personalized demo.
Website: Astera DW Builder
#6) Qlik Compose
Best for automated and continuous refinement.
Qlik Compose was previously known as Attunity Compose. It empowers the data architects and data warehouse teams. It contains functionalities for designing, building, and operating the enterprise data warehouse. You will be able to generate ETL commands without manual coding.
- Qlik Compose has functionalities to launch new data warehouse and data marts, on-premise and in the cloud.
- As the business requirements change fast, you will be able to update data warehouse models and new data sources.
- It has features that will let you run ETL jobs on-schedule or on-demand. You can monitor these jobs in real-time.
Verdict: Qlik will help you to deliver business values faster with fewer resources and at less cost. Data architects and IT teams can create data warehouse models in the Qlik Compose design studio. It will also allow them to import industry-standard models like Inmon, Kimball, and Data Vault.
Price: Qlik Compose has two pricing plans for Data Analytics i.e. Qlik Sense Business ($30/user/month), and Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS ($70 per month). A free trial is available.
For Data Integration, it offers five plans i.e. Qlik Replicate, Qlik Compose for Data Lakes, Qlik Compose for Data Warehouse, Qlik Enterprise Manager, and Qlik Catalog.
Website: Qlik Compose
#7) Oracle Data Warehouse
Best for developing data-driven applications.
Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse is a cloud-based service that provides the functionalities to automate provisioning, configuring, securing, tuning, scaling, patching, backing up, and repairing the data warehouse.
It is an elastic and automated scaling solution. It provides the features of performance tuning and security. You will be able to build sophisticated analytical models.
Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse has a broad set of built-in converged database capabilities that will let you enable simple queries across multiple data types. It provides the features of machine learning analysis, simple data loading, and data visualizations.
It supports multiple workloads like analytical SQL, machine learning, graph, and spatial. It has features to run multiple queries across multiple data types.
- Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse will help you with developing data-driven applications and building sophisticated analytical models.
- It makes use of continuous query optimization, table indexing, data summaries, and auto-tuning that will give you high performance even with the growing data volume and the number of users.
- Autonomous Data warehouse scales with the service’s continuous running which is unlike other services that require downtime to scale.
- It provides comprehensive data and privacy protection by encrypting data at rest & in motion, protecting regulated data, applying all security patches, enabling auditing, and performing threat detection.
Verdict: Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse is a simplified data warehouse management solution with autonomous administration. It is the platform with features of autonomous management, performance, security, Oracle machine learning, graph analytics, and spatial analytics.
Price: Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse price starts at $1.3441 OCPU per hour.
Website: Oracle Data Warehouse
#8) Amazon Redshift
Best for performance-intensive workloads.
Amazon Redshift is a cloud-based data warehouse that provides integration to your Data Lake & AWS services. It is the most scalable platform and provides the best performance.
Redshift provides the features to query petabytes of structured and semi-structured data across your data warehouse, operational database, and your data lake by making use of standard SQL. It will be easier for you to get insights from all your data.
- You can save the results of your queries to your S3 data lake by using open formats like Apache Parquet.
- Redshift is the fastest cloud data warehouse. New RA3 instances will help you with performance-intensive workloads. It can improve performance 3 times than the other cloud data warehouse.
- According to your performance requirements, you can choose the size of the Redshift cluster.
- It will automatically scale your data warehouse storage capacity without the need to add and pay for additional compute instances.
Verdict: Redshift powers analytical workloads and hence can be used by Fortune 500 companies, startups, and medium-sized companies.
Redshift has a new distributed and hardware-accelerated cache, Advanced Query Accelerator (AQUA) that makes Redshift to run 10* faster than the others. It will cost you only for the usage and hence is a cost-effective solution. It is a 50% less expensive solution than others.
Price: Amazon Redshift can be tried for free for two months. You can start with $0.25 per hour and scale up to petabytes for under $1000 per terabyte per year.
Website: Amazon Redshift
#9) Bitwise QualiDI
Best for centralized testing of one or more ETL tools.
Bitwise QualiDI is an ETL Testing Tool. It centralizes the testing of one or more ETL tools. It performs data validation while transforming data sets from multiple operational systems to a data warehouse. It can be used to automate ETL testing from any Source to any Target.
It can manage the complex ETL testing cycle. Bitwise QualiDI will ensure quality through the complete life cycle. It has an in-built version management system for requirements and test cases.
- QualiDI provides advanced features of Big data testing, JIRA integration, in-built scheduling capability, support for continuous integration & complex transformation rules, logical test data generation, and scalable architecture as per the requirement.
- For testing, it provides the features of automated test creation, automated data comparison, test scheduling, metadata validation, etc.
- It supports a heterogeneous set of data stores.
- It provides features for administration, reporting, and tracking.
Verdict: QualiDI is an enterprise-wide solution. This ETL Test Automation Tool will be an end-to-end platform to centralize testing of one or more ETL tools. It is a one-stop-shop for all ETL testing requirements. With this tool, it will be easier to accommodate change requests and enhancements.
Price: You can request a trial and a quote for its pricing details.
Website: Bitwise QualiDI
#10) Informatica Data Validation
Best for ETL testing.
Informatica Data Validation has an ETL testing tool. Your ETL testing will get accelerated and automated in production environments and development & test. Without having programming skills you will be able to deliver complete, repeatable, and auditable test coverage faster.
- Informatica Data Validation has ETL testing automation and management capabilities which will validate that production systems are not being compromised by the data update process.
- It has features for Source to Target testing.
- A large set of pre-built operators will help you to build this type of ETL testing without programming skills.
Verdict: Informatica Data Validation platform will provide automation and visibility for ETL testing. The tool will ensure that trusted data will get delivered through production system updates.
Price: A free trial is available for the platform. You can get a quote for its pricing details.
Website: Informatica Data Validation
#11) Codoid ETL Testing Services
Best for data analytics testing.
Codoid provides ETL and Data Analytic testing services. It validates source to target and data quality. It performs data extraction from heterogeneous data sources like relational databases, CSV, spreadsheets, etc. After extraction, it transforms the data and then loads it into a data warehouse.
- Codoid performs production data validation. You will get correct, reliable, and consistent business information as Codoid’s ETL testing & validation techniques ensure Production reconciliation.
- It has features to perform Application Upgrade Testing.
- It will validate the data end-to-end and outline remediation that will prevent future data corruption.
- It tests for the data completeness.
- Its automated metadata testing procedure will check Data Type, Data length, Index, etc.
Verdict: Codoid Data Analytics testing services will provide the benefits of test coverage, Quality Insight, Testing Efficiency, and Collaboration. The solution is available at competitive pricing.
Price: You can get a quote for its pricing details.
Website: Codoid ETL Testing Services
#12) Datagaps ETL Validator
Best as a data testing automation platform.
Datagaps provides ETL testing tools like ETL Validator. It is a comprehensive Data Testing Automation platform with features of ETL testing automation, visual test case builder, data quality testing, data profile testing, DB metadata testing, Flat file testing, and End-to-end data testing.
It enables continuous integration by the automation of data testing.
- Datagaps ETL Validator has a visual test case builder that has drag-and-drop capabilities.
- It provides a query builder that will let you define tests without manually typing in queries.
- It can compare data across heterogeneous platforms like popular relational databases, Hadoop, XML, and Flat files.
- It can be connected to a wide variety of data sources, relational databases, cloud data warehouses, Data Lake, flat files, and SaaS.
Verdict: ETL validator is the platform with features and functionalities of integration with Jenkins, email notifications, and web reporting.
Price: Datagaps ETL Validator offers a free trial for 30 days. You can get a quote for its pricing details.
Website: Datagaps ETL Validator
Data Warehouse Automation tools eliminate the need for repetitive design, development, deployment, and operational tasks in the data warehouse lifecycle. It will fast-track the process of data integration and has the capacity to effectively work with big data.
ActiveBatch is our TOP recommendation for the Data Warehouse Automation tool.
Workload Automation solutions like ActiveBatch will also simplify the data warehouses. It consolidates and coordinates multiple data management tools like ETL tools and BI platforms.
It provides Big Data and Hadoop Automation benefits, support for various Hadoop Subsets, Auditing & Governance, and advanced scheduling.
We hope this detailed review of Data Warehouse and ETL Automation Software will help you to choose the right one for your business.
- Time is taken to research and write this article: 24 Hrs
- Total tools researched online: 21
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 11