This article provides a list and comparison of the Best Onboarding Software with features and pricing. Read their details to find out the best one for your business:
It is a widely accepted fact that the first impression does matter. When you hire a new employee for your company, present yourself as well organized, and the employee should feel welcomed and taken care of. Here arises the need for a pre-planned onboarding process.
A new hire usually needs to fulfill a lot of paperwork, right after joining. Plus, he may also feel left out, if not given proper attention. He may have several queries regarding the workplace, which need to be answered. An onboarding software makes these processes simple, easy, quick, and more efficient, thus increasing the chances of employee retention.
What You Will Learn:
- Onboarding Software Solutions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of the Best Onboarding Software
Onboarding Software Solutions
An employee onboarding software can provide the following features:
- Sends documents to the new hires electronically, which can be filled and e-signed by the employee, whenever he finds time.
- Sends welcome messages to the employees.
- Introduce the new hires to the teams and give them information about when to reach, whom to meet, etc.
- Create checklists and set reminders so that you remain well organized.
All these features offered by onboarding software allow you to have a remote, paperless onboarding process. In these times of pandemic, this has become a need.
In this article, we will study the best onboarding tools available, their top features, prices, and a comparison to choose the best one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is employee onboarding software?
Answer: An onboarding employee software is a platform that offers you a tool to send welcoming emails to your employees, send and get documents filled and signed electronically, thus saving much of your time.
Your new hires can do the form-filling tasks on their own, from anywhere. Apart from this, you can send personalized emails to your employees, stating about the company norms and other information about the company.
Q #2) What are the 4 phases of onboarding?
Answer: The four phases are:
- The first phase is called Pre-onboarding. It is the duration of time from the day the candidate is hired, till the first day of his joining.
- The second phase is the orientation period, during which the new hires get to know about the company and their colleagues.
- Then comes the training period. The candidate is trained in order to make him understand his role in the company.
- The last phase is that of becoming a full-fledged employee. The candidate now learns about his responsibilities and works on them.
Q #3) How do I make an onboarding checklist?
Answer: An onboarding checklist can be in the following manner:
- Send a welcome message to the new hire.
- Send him/her the list of documents that he/she needs to carry on the first day of joining.
- Give some information about the office team.
- Inform him/her about the dress code (if any), who to meet on the first day, and other necessary information.
Q #4) Is onboarding the same as training?
Answer: Onboarding and training are two different processes. Training sometimes becomes a part of the onboarding process. Onboarding is the process of getting a new hire on board. This process includes doing all the paperwork (including benefits, deductions, tax forms, etc.) and getting in touch with the existing team.
Training takes place when you want to teach the new hires about their role in the company.
Q #5) Is onboarding the same as hiring?
Answer: No. Onboarding and hiring are two different processes. Onboarding takes place after hiring is done.
Q #6) What happens after onboarding?
Answer: After the onboarding process completes, the candidate becomes a full-fledged employee of the company. The company can work on his/her grooming and development through various time to time training programs to get maximum productivity.
Our TOP Recommendations:
|• Employee Training|
• HR Policy Creation
• Job posting
|• Employee onboarding|
• Employee training
|• Employee portal
• Intelligent Reporting
• Expense management
|Price: $99 monthly|
Trial version: No
|Price: $8 monthly|
Trial version: No
|Price: $8 monthly|
Trial version: Available
|Price: $20 Monthly
Trial version: Available
|Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>|
List of the Best Onboarding Software
Enlisted below are the popular software for onboarding employee:
- Papaya Global
- Ultimate Software UltiPro
- Click Boarding
Comparing Top Employee Onboarding Systems
|Tool Name||Best for||Price||Deployment|
|Bambee||Complete HR management for small businesses.||Starts at $99 per month for 1-4 employees.||On Cloud, Web, SaaS.|
|Rippling||Onboarding Automation||Starts at $8 per month. Contact for custom quote.||Mac, Android, iOS, Windows, Cloud-Based, on Web.|
|monday.com||Managing Recruitment Pipeline and Speeding up the Onboarding Process.||Free for 2 seats, |
Basic plan: $8/seat/month,
Standard plan: $10seat/month,
Pro plan: $16seat/month.
Custom enterprise plan also available.
|Papaya Global||Onboarding International Workforce||Payroll Plan: $20 per employee per month, |
Employer of Record Plan: $650 per employee per month.
|Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Web.|
|Lano||Compliant international employee onboarding in Europe||From €15 per month for hiring contractors, |
€550 per month for hiring employees.
|Web, SaaS, Cloud|
|Gusto||An easy to use software for small businesses.||Starts at $12 per employee, plus $39 base fee per month.||On Cloud, SaaS, Web|
|BambooHR||An all-in-one HR solution for small businesses.||Contact directly for prices.||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows desktop, Android/iPhone mobile, iPad|
|Lessonly||Training purposes||Contact directly for a price quote.||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows/Linux desktop, Android/iPhone mobile, iPad|
|Talmundo||Delivers an effective onboarding process.||Contact directly for a price quote.||On Cloud, SaaS, Web|
|Eddy||An easy to use software||Starts at $8 per employee, plus $49 base fee per month.||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/ Windows/
Linux/ Chromebook desktop
Reviews about the best onboarding tools:
Best for Complete HR management for small businesses.
With Bambee, you get access to highly-skilled HR professionals who takes up the responsibility of streamlining all core aspects of your organization’s HR department. The HR professional and digital platform provided to you by Bambee do a great job of simplifying the otherwise overwhelming processes of employee onboarding and termination.
Furthermore, Bambee also helps your organization with seamless payroll management, crafting custom HR policies, and ensuring compliance with effective employee training and guidance.
- Help navigate labor regulation
- Simplified employee onboarding and termination.
- Employee training
- Crafting custom HR policies
- HR problem-solving
Verdict: Signing up for Bambee’s services grants you access to a dedicated HR expert that streamlines all of your organization’s HR-related tasks. This includes handling the employee onboarding and termination process in the most efficient way possible as well. Plus, the fact that its services are affordable makes us confident in recommending Bambee to all small businesses.
- $99/month FOR 1-4 employees
- $199/month for 5-19 employees
- $299/month for 20-49 employees
- Custom plan for 50-500 employees
Best for Onboarding Automation.
Rippling arms you with all the tools your HR team needs to track and recruit the right people to work for your organization. The software particularly excels when it comes to onboarding automation. With Rippling by your side will take no time for your team to onboard new recruits.
All you have to do is insert the basic hiring details into the system provided and proceed to click on “Hire”. Rippling will then work automatically to set up everything your new recruit needs to succeed in the organization.
- Establish custom hiring workflows
- One-click job posting
- Automate calendaring and scheduling
- Integrate with Outlook, iCal, Google, etc.
- Generate a wide range of reports.
Verdict: Rippling is the end-to-end talent management tool you need to streamline your organization’s onboarding process. With Rippling being an integral part of your organization, you can expect your recruitment, onboarding, and training process to be relatively more efficient than before.
Price: Starts at $8 per month. Contact for a custom quote.
Best for Managing Recruitment Pipeline and Speeding up the Onboarding Process.
monday.com optimizes the onboarding process, making the otherwise challenging process extremely simple. The platform arms HR managers with a readymade onboarding template that can be easily tweaked and adjusted as the process progresses.
Aside from onboarding, the platform also streamlines the process of recruitment, spearheads employee training, and helps HR managers make plans for employee wellbeing.
- Help with Employee Onboarding and training
- Help Hiring Managers Plan and Coordinate the Recruitment process.
- Facilitate performance reviews
- Create customizable workflows with tons of readymade templates.
Verdict: monday.com is an excellent workflow management software with phenomenal built-in HR features. The features combined make it easier for hiring managers to optimize their onboarding process and help new recruits get up-to-speed with company culture and policies immediately.
monday.com offers 4 pricing plans
- Free for 2 seats
- Basic: $8 per seat per month
- Standard: $10 per seat per month
- Pro: $16 per seat per month
- Custom enterprise plan is also available.
#4) Papaya Global
Best for Onboarding International Workforce.
With Papaya, you get a single centralized platform to streamline and manage all aspects of your talent onboarding process. What makes this software unique, however, is the privilege it grants you to broaden your talent pool by onboarding recruits from more than 160 countries across the globe. This makes the software ideal for multi-national corporations.
The software handles any compliance formalities that might affect the onboarding of a recruit in his/her country. Simply put, Papaya makes sure your recruit is hired compliantly in their country. The software also benefits from being automation built for scale. You can leverage automated approval chains, notifications, and user permissions for more consistent and scalable workflows.
- Dedicated employee portal to keep employees connected.
- Robust and intelligent reporting.
- Protect data with substantial security and compliance measures.
- Integrates seamlessly with multiple HRIS, payroll, expense, and PTO tools.
- Centralized platform to manage and process payroll.
Verdict: Thanks to a broad network of payroll and compliance network supporting Papaya, the software facilitates the smooth onboarding of employees in more than 160 countries. This makes Papaya an HR onboarding tool that we highly recommend to businesses with global operations.
Price: Payroll Plan: $20 per employee per month, Employer of Record Plan: $650 per employee per month.
Best for Compliant international employee onboarding in Europe.
Lano platform, established in Berlin, Germany in 2018 by Aurel Albrecht and Markus Schünemann, provides a unified solution for hiring, managing, and paying employees and contractors in over 150 countries without the need of legal entities abroad.
The platform allows businesses of any size to streamline and automate their global workforce management processes, from hiring new employees to processing multi-country payroll.
Lano’s business model is unique compared to its competitors – the platform is backed up by a global network of employment law, tax, and payroll experts, which makes the service flexible and adaptable to even the most complicated international hiring cases.
The platform enables clients to book free global employee onboarding consultations with Lano experts to advise them on their unique needs. After the consultation, the client is sent a master service agreement which states the terms & conditions of Lano employer of record services.
Once the agreement between Lano and the client is signed, a compliant local contract is issued to the employee which the client is looking to hire. The whole process can last between 1-2 weeks, depending on the case complexity.
- Fast international employee onboarding.
- Flexibility and adaptability to suit clients needs.
- Highest compliance standards.
- Diverse network of service partners.
Verdict: Lano serves as the ideal solution for seamless global onboarding in Europe. With this platform by your side, you’ll be able to onboard employees abroad without establishing an entity while making sure you remain compliant with local recruitment regulations.
- From € 15 per month for hiring contractors
- €550 per month for hiring employees
- Flexible billing plans (monthly/annual)
Best for being easy to use, reliable software.
Gusto is a trusted software for payroll, hiring, onboarding, benefits, and HR services. Gusto gives you several options for employee benefits, offers a free mobile app for financial management, calculates payrolls, and files your taxes.
- Create and send offer letters to new hires.
- Sign and store the documents online.
- Create or remove accounts for G Suite, Microsoft 365, Dropbox, Slack, Zoom, etc., with just one click.
- Tools for payroll, benefits, and HR.
- Time tracking tool.
Verdict: Gusto offers a wide range of features. It is recommended for small businesses. Trusted by over 200,000 businesses, Gusto is an easy-to-use software, which has got some very nice reviews from its users.
Price: Place plans for onboarding tools are:
- Complete: $39 per month (Base price) plus $12 per month per person.
- Concierge: $149 per month (Base price) plus $12 per month per person.
Best for being an all-in-one HR solution for small businesses.
BambooHR is one of the best onboarding software out there. This 13-year-old, cloud-based software gives tools for onboarding, offboarding, time tracking, performance management, and much more.
- Tools to simplify the onboarding process, including an e-signature system.
- Create and send personalized templates to your new hires, mentioning their roles.
- Automation tools that send onboarding tasks to your new employees can be fulfilled as per their pace.
- Helps new employees create new connections within the workplace.
- Takes feedback from the offboarding employees so that you can work on improving the quality of your workplace.
Verdict: BambooHR can be highly recommended for small to medium-sized enterprises. The range of features offered is nice. The users of BambooHR have reported that the software is affordable and easy to use.
Price: BambooHR gives a free trial. Contact directly for prices.
Best for training purposes.
Lessonly is basically built for learning and training purposes.
This simple software gives tools for integration with many platforms. It lets you train your teams and new hires with the help of some easily built lessons, and lets them develop their skills with the help of training programs.
- Create lessons for your employees, using several drag-and-drop options for adding text, images, videos, documents, and more.
- Your team can learn from anywhere.
- Let your team develop their skills and get certified.
- Gives you learning resources on how to improve the onboarding process and many other useful topics.
Verdict: Lessonly can be an excellent option for businesses of any size. One who is a beginner in the business can use the software for learning purposes. The established small, medium or large-sized enterprises can use the software for training their employees.
Price: Contact directly for prices.
Best for delivering an effective onboarding process.
Founded in 2012, Talmundo is an onboarding platform, which simplifies the process while making it more efficient at the same time.
Having its headquarters in Amsterdam, Talmundo is a mobile-friendly onboarding program, which supports 27 languages from all over the world.
- Build quizzes and forms so that you can know about your new hires.
- A digital chatbot that lets you answer the queries of your new hires.
- Set reminders for the new hires, managers, and colleagues so that everything goes well organized.
- Integrates with many other platforms like Workday, SAP SuccessFactors, and more.
- Gives you data that tells you about the onboarding performance.
Verdict: Talmundo claims to increase productivity by 77%, engagement by 33%, and employee retention by 82%. The automation and integration features offered by this onboarding system make it a highly recommended one.
Price: Contact directly for prices.
Best for being an easy-to-use platform.
Eddy is an easy-to-use software for hiring, onboarding, time tracking, training, and payroll. Eddy was founded in 2019 and has come a long way in a very short span of time.
- Lets you give your employees a paperless onboarding experience
- Lets you create, send, sign, and store documents digitally
- Self-onboarding tools that save much of your time
- Lets you send personalized messages to the new hires, informing them about the norms and rules of the company
- Tools for time tracking, payroll, HR, and much more.
Verdict: Eddy is a highly rated and recommended HR platform, by its users and some well-known websites like Capterra and Software Advice. It is easy to use and offers a wide range of features.
Price: Starts at $8 per employee, plus a $49 base fee per month.
#11) Ultimate Software UltiPro
Best for being an all-inclusive HCM software.
Ultimate Software UltiPro is a powerful human capital management software, which is loaded with a number of features.
With this platform, you can get the payroll and tax process simplified. It helps you in the hiring and onboarding process, benefits management, and much more.
- Send a personalized welcome message to the new employees.
- Employees get the self-service tools to fulfill the onboarding tasks, from anywhere, at any time.
- Tools to make connections of your workforce with the new hires.
- Your employees can fill and sign documents electronically.
Verdict: Ultimate Software UltiPro can be a highly beneficial tool for large businesses, which require many features for their functioning.
Price: Contact directly for pricing.
Website: Ultimate Software UltiPro
Best for attracting top candidates.
ClearCompany was founded in 2004. It is a talent management system, which offers tools for hiring, onboarding, performance management, and planning.
- Your new hires can perform the onboarding tasks electronically,
- Track each device of your company with a centralized database.
- The mobile-friendly tools let your employees complete the essential tasks from any device.
- Tools for electronic WOTC and background checks of the new hires.
- Tools for introducing the new hires to your existing workforce.
- Integration with leading payroll service providers.
Verdict: ClearCompany is a talent management company that is best known for attracting the top candidates for you. Apart from this, they offer some nice onboarding tools which are recommended for businesses of any size.
Price: Contact directly to get a price quote.
Best for being an affordable solution for scalable business needs.
Zenefits offers you a simple and intuitive platform for meeting your HR requirements. It is an all-inclusive HR platform, to hire and retain the top talents, improve employee experience, improve productivity, and much more.
- Tools to make the onboarding process paperless.
- Automatically connects the onboarding workflow with the existing HR system, including payroll, benefits, etc.
- Self-onboarding tools for the new hires.
- Tools for payroll, time tracking, benefits management, and much more.
Verdict: Zenefits claims to cut the time spent on onboarding tasks by 50%. The software is loaded with advanced features that can be highly beneficial when you scale and become more complex.
Price: Price plans include:
- Essentials: $8 per month per employee.
- Growth: $14 per month per employee.
- Zen: $21 per month per employee.
- Contact directly for a price quote for large enterprises.
#14) Click Boarding
Best for being a simple onboarding platform.
Click Boarding provides one of the best online boarding programs. The platform lets you set up personalized onboarding experiences for your new hires, thus leading to employee retention.
- Send welcoming messages to the new hires.
- Get access to the e-signature facility.
- Integration with 250+ platforms.
- Organizing tools, including managing checklists, assigning tasks, and reviewing the progress.
Verdict: Click Boarding gives you an intuitive onboarding experience while keeping your data secure. The employee self-service and e-signature features are the plus points.
Price: Contact directly to get a price quote.
Website: Click Boarding
Best for making the onboarding process quick and easy.
WorkBright is an onboarding solutions provider which allows you to get started with your new hires quickly and easily.
It offers you a 100% remote process of onboarding and a 60-day money-back guarantee, in case you don’t want to continue with their services.
- Tools to make onboarding easy, quick, and with no paperwork.
- You just need to enter the name and email address of your new hires. WorkBright will automatically send them documents that need to be fulfilled.
- Saves much of your time by reminding the new employees to fill and submit the documents before the due date.
- Mobile-friendly software which supports the fingertip signature system.
Verdict: WorkBright is recommended for small to medium-sized businesses. The automated e-verify process is a plus point. The software is compatible with smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Price: Price plans are as follows:
- Starts at $158 per month for 1-100 employees
- Starts at $210 per month for 101-250 employees
- Starts at $368 per month for 251-500 employees
- Starts at $578 per month for 501-1000 employees
- Starts at $1247 per month for 1001-2500 employees
- Starts at $1969 per month for 2501-5000 employees
- Starts at $3609 per month for more than 5000 employees.
Other Notable Onboarding Tools
#16) HR Cloud
Best for being a cloud-based HR platform.
As the name suggests, HR Cloud is a cloud-based HR platform, which helps you in recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, employee engagement, and much more. HR Cloud allows integration with many platforms for payroll, etc.
Price: Contact us directly to get a price quote.
Website: HR Cloud
Best for offering HR solutions for businesses of all sizes.
ADP is a global provider of Human Capital Management services. Their services are available in 140 countries all over the world. The services offered by ADP include payrolls, benefits management, time and attendance, talent acquisition, and much more. ADP has solutions for businesses of all sizes.
Price: Contact directly to get a price quote.
Best for being an affordable HR solution.
GoCo is an affordable HR services provider, which has tools for helping you in hiring, onboarding, employee self-service, benefits management, payroll, time tracking, and much more.
Price: Starts at $5 per employee per month.
The detailed study of the best available onboarding software in the industry brings us to the conclusion that whether you have a small, medium, or large-sized business, onboarding software will always prove to be a good choice, as it will make you look more efficient and organized and will help you increase the chances of employee retention.
An onboarding software also helps you make a good reputation, as your employees will be later giving you feedback.
The features of digital form filing, e-signature, automatic sending of welcoming emails, employee self-service tools, mobile-friendly application and sending personalized emails for giving information about the company culture, norms, and people can play a vital role in saving much of your precious time and making the process more efficient.
- Time taken to research this article: We spent 10 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with a comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total tools researched online: 20
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 13