List of the Best Timesheet Apps with Features and Comparison.
Timesheet app is an application which is used to track the time spent on projects or tasks.
Users can enter the start and end time of tasks. It can be a detailed breakdown of time spent on different tasks. This information is used for project costing, client billing, payroll, time tracking, and job estimation.
Different methods of time tracking are used by employees at the workplace, like using a time tracking application, paper or spreadsheet, punch cards, biometrics, or POS.
Manual time tracking or time tracking with paper & spreadsheets have a 50% chance of time theft. There is also a possibility that the employees may not enter the time spent on emails, meetings, etc.
According to the survey performed by Harvard Review Business, 40% of the employees have never tracked the time spent on reading or writing emails. Similarly, many can’t record the time during meetings as shown in the above image.
Suggested Reading => Top Freelance Time Tracking Software
The below image will show the percentage of accuracy with different timesheet filling habits.
In order to avoid all these inaccuracies, you should use the timesheet app, which will track the time spent on multiple tasks, count billable hours, help with invoices, or track PTO, etc. These applications can be used on iOS and Android devices to fill in the timesheets and track the time.
Employee timesheet software must have the features of real-time monitoring, billing, invoicing, detailed reporting, ease of use, and support for multiple platforms. Using the timesheet app has several benefits like labor management, simplified payroll process, client invoicing, team accountability, and efficient use of employee’s time for projects and tasks.
Also Read => Best Time Tracking Software
What You Will Learn:
- List of Top Employee Timesheet Apps
List of Top Employee Timesheet Apps
Enlisted below are the top Timesheet Software that is available in the market.
Comparison Best Timesheet Software
|Timesheet apps||Best for||Type of Tracking||Features||Platform||Free Trial||Price|
|Monitask||Remote teams, Small business, Freelancers.||Automatic tracking, Manual time adding.||View Employee Screenshots, Track Time, View Mouse and Keyboard Activity, View Online Timesheets, Generate Detailed Reports, Track Apps.||Windows, MacOS, Linux.||10 days free trial. No credit card required.||4,99 per user/ monthly.|
|monday.com ||Small to large businesses.||Manual & Automatic||Exact time frames, on the go tracking, integrate in no time, etc.||Windows, Mac, Android, & iOS.||Available.||It starts at $8/user/month for annual billing.|
|Buddy Punch||Small to large businesses||Automatic||GPS tracking, overtime calculation, multiple login options, automatic breaks, etc.||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||Available for 30 days||Time & Attendance: $35/month, Time & Attendance+Scheduling: $35/month|
|Time Doctor||Remote & hybrid teams.||Automatic time tracking & manual editing of time.||Integrate Payroll with timesheets, Customizable platform, etc.||Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, & Chrome.||Available||It starts at $7/user/month.|
|QuickBooks Time Tracking||Freelancers, Small businesses, & Enterprises.||Manual and Automatic||Manual, punch, and custom time entry in the timesheet.|
PTO tracking PIN-based entry.
Alerts and reminders
Laptop, iPhone, & Android mobile devices.
|Available||Self-employed: Free Small Business: $4/month/user.
|Clockify||Teams||Manual & Automatic||Streamlines timesheet collection process.|
Suitable for monthly & hourly employees.
Useful for HR & Payroll, client billing, and project status reporting.
|Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, and Android.||--||Free|
|Homebase||Individuals and Teams||Manual and Automatic.||Automatic calculation for overtime, total hours, and breaks.|
Tracks paid & unpaid breaks and missed shifts & clock-outs.
Real-time view of labor cost.
|Any device||14 days||Basic: Free
|ClickTime||Individuals & Teams.||Manual & Automatic||Mobile apps for time tracking.|
Time capture for clients, projects, or tasks.
|Mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.||30 days||Starter: $9/user/month.
Enterprise: Get a quote.
|ZoomShift||Small, medium, and large businesses.||Automatic.||Timesheet for day, weeks, or months.|
Timesheet can be exported and sent to payroll providers.
Scheduled vs actual comparison for working hours.
|Web-based, Android, iPad, and iPhone.||--||Essentials: Free
Schedule Pro: $2/team member/month
Attendance Pro: $2/team member/month
Schedule & Attendance Pro: $3/team member/month
Best for Remote teams, Small business, Freelancers.
Monitask Pricing: 4,99 per user/monthly.
Monitask is a powerful automatic timesheet software for your team. No need to fill out and manage timesheets manually — employee timesheets sync to the web-based live dashboard in real-time. Plus, they’re 100% automated.
- It is easy to use.
- Automatic time tracking.
- It includes the features of task tracking, apps monitoring, and detailed reports.
Best for small to large businesses.
monday.com Pricing: monday.com offers four pricing plans i.e. Basic ($8 per user per month), Standard ($10 per user per month), Pro ($16 per user per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote). These prices are for annual billing.
monday.com provides the time management app to manage time more effectively. It provides various functionalities like assigning owners to new tasks, prioritizing each item, setting due dates, etc.
It will give you insights on how much time is spent on each project and task. Its mobile app is available hence you can track time on the go. It can be integrated with your favorite tools and centralize your work in one place.
- monday.com has features of flexible reports. Flexible reporting features will let you analyze your data as you wish. You can breakdown time by projects, clients, and tasks.
- You will be able to put your work on autopilot like “Notify someone on my team when a task is done”.
- It is a simple and colorful application that provides exact time frames. It supports manual as well as automatic time tracking.
#3) Buddy Punch
Best for small to large businesses.
Buddy Punch Pricing: Buddy Punch offers monthly as well as annual billing options. There are two pricing plans, Time & attendance ($25 per month) and Time & attendance + Scheduling ($35 per month). A product can be tried for free for 30 days.
Buddy Punch is an employee time tracking software with a fully customizable interface. It can be integrated with popular payroll management products. It is a simple web-based time tracking tool.
This software will simplify your timesheet online. It will let you manually generate weekly reports. It has features to set reminders or notifications.
- Buddy Punch can be easily integrated with accounting and payroll software.
- You can log in to the system through multiple modes like username & password, email address, facial recognition, etc.
- It provides GPS tracking features that can track and audit every single shift of each day.
- It can track PTO, sick, or vacation.
- It will allow you to set a rule and assign it to any number of employees that can help you with automatic breaks.
#4) Time Doctor
Time Doctor Pricing: Time Doctor is available with three pricing plans, Basic ($7 user/month), Standard ($10 user/month), and Premium ($20 user per month). You can try the product for 14 days.
Time Doctor is a smart time tracking software with online timesheets. It captures the screenshots and measures the activity levels. It supports all the devices. It’s Android & iOS app contains all the features same as a desktop application. It offers a range of customization options such as email report settings.
- Time Doctor’s Online Timesheets and Payroll feature can provide verified timesheets and customizable payroll options.
- You can integrate Time Doctor with the applications like PayPal, Payoneer.
- It has functionality for automating timesheets and uploading them for bulk billing and batch payments.
- Timesheets can be approved manually as well as automatically.
- Time Doctor simplifies the time tracking process and streamlines the payments.
#5) QuickBooks Time Tracking
Best for Freelancers, Small businesses, & Enterprises.
Price: It is free for a single user or individual. For small businesses with a team of 2 to 99 employees, it will cost $4 per user per month. Here the base fee will be $16 per month. For enterprises, it will cost $4 per user per month plus the base fee of $80 per month.
QuickBooks Time Tracking is an employee timesheet software. It works on Android and iOS devices. It has the feature of on-site time tracking. It follows manual as well as automatic time tracking. It includes features of job scheduling and PIN-based entry for timesheets.
- It allows manual, punch, and custom time entry in the timesheet.
- It works on any device.
- 4-digit PIN entry for timesheets.
- It tracks PTO.
- Automatic reminders for the clock in and clock out.
- It also provides alerts for overtime.
Website: QuickBooks Time Tracking
Best for teams to manage payroll and paid hours.
Clockify is a free timesheet app. It is an online application which will allow employees to fill timesheets. This application works in a browser. It has the functionalities for calculating payroll and billable hours.
- It will help in streamlining the timesheet collection process.
- Suitable for monthly and hourly employees.
- Clockify timesheet data can be used for HR and Payroll, client billing, project status reporting, and governance activity costing.
Best for Individuals and Teams.
Price: Homebase offers four pricing plans i.e. Basic (Free), Essentials ($16 per month), Plus ($40 per month), and Enterprise ($80 per month).
Homebase is the timesheet application with the features of scheduling, time clock, timesheets, and team communication. These online timesheets will compare the scheduled hours. Homebase timesheets can be exported to popular payroll providers.
- This timesheet application tracks missed shifts, missed clock-outs, and missed breaks.
- Tracking of paid and unpaid breaks.
- It will help you to know about the labor cost in real time.
- It performs an automatic calculation of the time for total hours, overtime, and breaks.
Best for Individuals & Teams.
Price: ClickTime offers a free trial for 30 days for all the plans. It has four pricing plans i.e. Starter ($9 per user per month), Team ($12 per user per month), Premier ($24 per user per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote).
ClickTime is the employee timesheet app. ClickTime timesheets are available on mobiles with a view and edit option. The mobile app will allow you to capture the picture of receipts.
- Time tracking through mobile apps.
- Capturing of time for clients, projects, and tasks.
- Expenses tracking.
- Mobile stopwatch.
Best for hourly employees.
Price: ZoomShift offers four editions for the pricing i.e. Essentials (Free), Schedule Pro ($2 per team member per month), Attendance Pro ($2 per team member per month), and Schedule & Attendance Pro ($3 per team member per month).
ZoomShift is an online timesheet app with features like time tracking on phone, GPS tracking, and payroll. Its free plan is suitable for small businesses. It sends automatic reminders to employees for the clock in. Timesheets exported from ZoomShift can be directly sent to the payroll provider.
- Timesheets are available on the basis day, week, and months.
- It can be exported.
- It will show you a detailed comparison for scheduled vs actual working hours as shown in the below image.
Best for freelancers, individual professionals, and contract workers.
Price: Timesheet has three pricing plans i.e. Basic (Free), Plus ($5 per month), and Pro ($10 per user per month). Timesheet offers a free trial of 30 days for the Pro Plan.
Timesheet is the mobile time tracking application with features like Mobile tracker, reports, project management, and customizable invoices.
- Timesheet app will help you with billing through customizable invoices.
- It can be exported to Excel and CSV formats.
- Reports and statistics.
#11) Time Recording
Best for Android devices.
Time Recording is the timesheet app with the functionalities like check in and check out task assignment, and daily notes. It allows you to view the timesheets for the day, week, or month. It is available for Android devices. It follows an automatic type of tracking.
- For the reports and backup, it can be integrated with Google Drive, DropBox, and OwnCloud.
- It has functionalities for task assignment.
- It provides detailed notes.
- It allows you to export the reports in Excel or HTML formats.
Website: Time Recording
Best for any sized businesses.
Price: TimeCamp is free for individuals. It offers three more plans i.e. Basic ($5.25 per user per month), Pro ($7.50 per user per month), and Enterprise (Starts at $450).
TimeCamp is the time tracking software with features like productivity monitoring, attendance tracking, project management, team management, and invoicing. Its mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices.
- TimeCamp offers features for day timesheet and week timesheet.
- Week timesheet has features like graphical timesheet and real-time time tracking.
- TimeCamp can be integrated with your favorite tool. It also provides an API to create your own integrations.
Best for remote teams.
Price: Hubstaff is free for a single user. It has two more plans i.e. Basic ($5 per user per month) and Premium ($10 per user per month).
Hubstaff is a time tracking software that provides online timesheets. This employee timesheet software will help you with administrative work using time tracking, billing, and payroll functionalities. It follows manual as well as automatic types of tracking.
- Manual as well as automatic time entry.
- Timesheet app is available for Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, Android, and Chrome.
- Task creation is allowed by breaking down the projects. This feature will help you with more accurate timesheets.
- Hubstaff has features for scheduling, employee monitoring, GPS tracking, and Payroll.
Best for agencies, teams, and small businesses.
Price: Toggl offers a free trial for 30 days. Its Basic plan is free. It offers three more plans i.e. Starter ($9 per user per month), Premium ($18 per user per month), and Enterprise (Custom pricing).
Toggl provides online timesheet software. It follows manual as well as the automatic type of tracking. Toggl time tracking software will provide you the time breakdown for projects, tasks, and clients. It can be used as a desktop app, mobile app, or as a chrome extension.
- Employee timesheets can be easily exported.
- It will provide valuable perspectives for your daily projects and tasks.
- Toggle will provide elegant and insightful time reports.
Best for small to large businesses & freelancers.
Paymo Pricing: With Paymo, there are two pricing plans, Small Office ($8.95 per user per month) and Business ($14.25 per user per month). It can be tried for free for 15 days. It also offers a free plan.
Paymo time tracking platform registers the time through web timer, desktop widget, pay plus, and mobile app. It provides the facility to enter time through a click and drop on the timesheet. It will capture your work in detail.
- Paymo provides rich and clear time entry cards.
- You will be able to customize timesheet settings as per your needs.
- You can view the team’s time through various views like daily view, weekly view, monthly view, agenda view, and active timers.
- Paymo will let you share the time reports with your team or clients.
We have reviewed and compared the top timesheet apps in this article.
TSheets is an employee timesheet software with PIN-based entry. Clockify is the completely free timesheet app for teams. Homebase is the timesheet application with features like time clock and team communication.
ClickTime is the employee timesheet app for individuals and teams. ZoomShift is the best online timesheet app for hourly employees. Time Recording timesheet app is best for android devices.
Hubstaff time tracking software provides online timesheets. TSheets, Homebase, and ClickTime offer a free trial. TSheets, Homebase, and ZoomShift offer a free plan either for individuals or with basic features.
Hope you will find this article helpful in selecting the right Timesheet App!!