Are you looking for a Workflow Automation Tool for your business? Read through this article to learn about the top and Best Workflow Automation Software:
Workflow automation is the technology through which you can create and design the flow of operations as per your business rules. Some examples of workflow automation processes are:
- Creating custom reports at the end of each month and sending them to a pre-defined list of people.
- Automating the whole employee onboarding process, from hiring to sending welcome messages and documents to be filled by the new hires.
- Assigning tasks and scheduling reminders for deadlines.
What You Will Learn:
- How Does Workflow Automation Software Work
- FAQs on Automated Workflow System
- List of Top Workflow Automation Software
How Does Workflow Automation Software Work
Workflow automation works based on the rules you set. You can create tasks, assign them to different employees, set deadlines, schedule reminders, set a series of if/then statements for a series of events, and much more.
Once you have set the rules, the software will work accordingly and there is no need for human intervention. Plus, you can track each task with the help of highly useful visualization tools that this software offers.
Workflow automation is a part of the digital transformation of a business. It helps businesses in many ways, including:
- Reduce time
- Eliminate errors
- Improve efficiency
- Saves costs of operations
- Give increased returns on investment
- Increase employee retention
- Increase accountability and transparency.
As per a report by Zapier, 90% of knowledge workers are of the view that automation tools have improved their lives. 2 out of 3 workers have said that automation makes them more productive and less stressed and they would definitely recommend automation software to a business.
Thus, going for workflow automation software would undoubtedly be beneficial for your business. Just look for the one that best suits your business requirements.
In this article, we discuss the top workflow automation tools in detail. You can find their prices, top features, pros & cons, and a comparison table to distinguish between them.
Market Trends: According to a report by Markets and Markets, the global Digital Process Automation market was valued at $6.77 billion in the year 2018. It is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 13.3% over the years 2018 to 2023 and become worth $12.61 billion by the year 2023.
Expert Advice: If you are looking for Workflow Automation software, apart from the kind of automation you require, you should consider looking for the following features:
- An easy-to-use platform that saves your time.
- It should be scalable.
- Offers standard data security.
FAQs on Automated Workflow System
Q #1) What is workflow automation in CRM?
Answer: Workflow automation is a technology through which we can do automatically some of the business tasks, without having to manually handle them. This process saves much of your time and costs of operation, increases efficiency, and reduces the chances of errors.
In a Customer Relationship Management tool, workflow automation may refer to automation tools for creating marketing campaigns, verifying emails, preparing and sending custom reports, and much more.
Q #2) Why do we need workflow automation?
Answer: Workflow automation is the need of the hour. This process benefits businesses in many ways, including:
- Reduces the chances of manual errors by digitizing the business operations.
- Saves time that would have been spent on doing repetitive tasks.
- Increases efficiency. We can use automation tools for notifying workers of their upcoming deadlines, tracking their work hours, paying them on time, and much more.
- Increases accountability, which leads to improvement in employees’ performance.
Q #3) What are the benefits of automating document workflow?
Answer: Document workflow automation can give you the following benefits:
- Necessary documents can be generated in seconds, thus saving your time and reducing the chances of errors.
- Routes them for approvals and e-signing.
- Stores documents digitally, thus increasing their security.
- It can send bulk documents to anyone.
Q #4) What are the disadvantages of automation?
Answer: Though there are a huge number of benefits of automation tools, there are a few disadvantages too, which can be stated as follows:
- Lesser flexibility as compared to manual operation.
- Everyone can not handle the software.
- You need to hire a tech-savvy person, in addition to the costs of the automation software.
All of these demerits have a very small value as compared to the benefits offered by automation. Plus, these demerits have no value when you get a high ROI through automation.
Q #5) What is a good workflow tool?
Answer: A good workflow tool is one that is easy to use, offers a wide range of automation, gives you standard data security, and is affordable.
Redwood RunMyJobs, ActiveBatch, Integrify, Snov.io, Nintex, Flokzu, Kissflow, Zapier, HubSpot, and Comidor are some of the best workflow automation tools available in the industry.
List of Top Workflow Automation Software
Remarkable workflow automation tools list:
- Redwood RunMyJobs (Recommended)
- ActiveBatch (Recommended)
- Jira Service Management
Comparing Some of the Best Workflow Automation Platforms
|Platform Name||Best for||Deployment||Top Automations offered||Price|
|Redwood RunMyJobs||Powerful automations||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Windows desktop||Business Process Automation, Managed File Transfer, Report Distribution||Contact directly to get a price quote.|
|ActiveBatch||Digital infrastructure automation and IT process automation features.||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Windows desktop, On Windows/Linux premises, Android/iOS mobile, iPad||Business Process Automation, IT Automation, Data Transfer, Digital Infrastructure Automation.||Contact directly to get a price quote.|
|monday.com||An all-in-one, scalable CRM platform.||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows/Linux desktop, iOS/Android mobile, iPad||Status updates, Email notifications, Due date alerts, Assigning Tasks, Time tracking||Starts at $8 per user per month.|
|Jira Service Management||Configuring Workflow Approvals||Cloud-Hosted, On-Premise, Mobile||Customer Service, Business Process, IT Process, Workflow.||Premium plan starts at $47 per agent. Custom enterprise plan also available.|
|SysAid||Service Automation/Help Desk Management||On-premises, Cloud-Hosted||Self-Service Automation,|
|Integrify||Medium to large sized businesses with complex automation requirements||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows desktop, Windows/Linux premises||IT Service Requests, Security Access Requests, CapEx/AFE Requests, Marketing Campaign Approvals||Contact directly to get a price quote.|
|Snov.io||Workflow automation features for your CRM and marketing requirements||On Cloud, SaaS, Web||Email verification, Email Drip Campaigns, CRM||Starts at $33 per month|
|Nintex||A scalable, powerful platform||On Cloud, SaaS, Web, Windows/Linux premises, iOS/Android mobile, iPad||Workflow automation, digital forms, documents generation and sharing||Starts at $910 per month|
|Flokzu||An easy to use and scalable platform.||On Cloud, SaaS, Web||Custom Reports, Maintaining Databases, Email Notifications||Starts at $14 per month|
#1) Redwood RunMyJobs (Recommended)
Best for a number of powerful automation.
Founded in 1992, Redwood is a renowned and popular name in the industry of Workflow automation software. It is a global automation tool provided, having its offices and operations in North America, South America, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
This powerful platform offers a number of automation tools that are helpful for businesses in the field of manufacturing, utility, retail, biotech, healthcare, aerospace, banking, and more.
The constant innovations offered by the R&D team of Redwood, 24×7 customer support services, and highly beneficial automation features make this platform a recommended one.
Top Automations offered: Business Process Automation, Managed File Transfer, Report Distribution, Record to Report Solution, Asset Accounting, and more.
- A number of highly useful integrations.
- Tools to automate business processes, including CRM, employee onboarding, forecasting, billing, reporting, and more.
- Get access to a unified dashboard that shows the status of each business process.
- Lets you automate several workflows including file transfer, report distribution, application management, DevOps Automation, and much more.
- 24/7 customer support
- Cloud-based deployment
- Guarantees 99.95% uptime
- Reasonable pricing
- TLS 1.2+ encryption, ISO 27001 certification
- A bit difficult to use at the beginning.
Verdict: The list of clients of Redwood RunMyJobs includes some trusted names like Daikin, John Deere, Epson, Westinghouse, and many more. The pricing structure of this platform is very impressive. You pay just for what you actually use.
Price: Contact directly to get a price quote.
Further Reading =>> Redwood RunMyJobs alternatives with comparison
#2) ActiveBatch (Recommended)
Best for digital infrastructure automation and IT process automation features.
ActiveBatch, which is now a part of Redwood software, is trusted by companies like Deloitte, Verizon, Bosch, and Subway, for the workflow automation tools that it offers.
ActiveBatch can be deployed on Cloud, SaaS, Web, Windows desktop, Windows/Linux premises, Android/iOS mobile, and iPad. Using this platform, you can build and centralize business workflows, and minimize the need for human intervention.
Built to deliver fast and better innovation, ActiveBatch is loved by its users for its flexibility, scalability, powerful automation, reasonable pricing, and ease of use that it offers.
Top Automations offered: Business processes automation, IT automation, Data transfer, Digital Infrastructure Automation, and more.
- Business processes automation tools include job scheduling, compliance management, and more.
- IT process automation tools include event-driven triggers, customizable alerts, and more.
- Simplified and secure automated file transfer.
- Digital infrastructure automation tools include intelligent distribution of resources, dynamic queue characteristics feature that allows ActiveBatch to examine machines and send jobs to the optimal machine, depending upon the need of the job.
- A number of built-in integrations, extensions, and add-ins.
- 24/7 customer support services.
- No need to have coding knowledge to use the software.
- There is a bit of a long learning curve.
Verdict: The tool is offered for resource management and business processes automation. The customer support is very nice.
You can access the monitoring and many other features through mobile. We highly recommended the software for large enterprises that have a big infrastructure and complex workloads to handle.
Price: ActiveBatch offers a free trial. Contact directly to get a price quote.
Best for being an all-in-one, scalable CRM platform.
Trusted by more than 152,000 customers from all around the globe, including some very famous brands like Coca-Cola, Hulu, Canva, and more, monday.com is undoubtedly popular and recommended platform for workflow automation.
Having more than 1,200 employees and offices in Tel-Aviv, New York, London, Sydney, Miami, San Francisco, Chicago, Kyiv, Tokyo, and Sao Paulo, Monday.com is a renowned global provider of workflow automation tools.
Top Automations offered: Status updates, Email notifications, Due date alerts, Assigning Tasks, Time tracking, and more.
- Build automated marketing campaigns.
- Manage projects, assign tasks, and track progress in a single dashboard.
- Employee time tracking tools.
- Email notifications and due date alerts.
- Integration with your favorite applications, including Gmail, Mailchimp, Google Drive, Slack, and more.
- Easy to use
- The free version, free trial
- Reasonable pricing
- Useful integrations
- Mobile applications for Android as well as iOS users
- Automations and Integrations are not available with the Free and Basic plans.
Verdict: monday.com is suitable for businesses of all sizes. The free version offered by the platform is highly beneficial, but it does not allow you automation and integrations, these can be used only with the Standard and higher price plans.
The platform claims that 84% of the customers of monday.com are happy that they chose this application.
Price: monday.com offers a free version. A free trial for 14 days is also offered. Paid plans are as follows:
- Basic: $8 per user per month
- Standard: $10 per user per month
- Pro: $16 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact directly for pricing details.
#4) Jira Service Management
Best for Configuring Workflow Approvals.
Jira Service Management is a platform that IT teams can use to manage their work via a simple, collaborative interface. In just a few easy clicks, you’ll be able to automate all of your workflows and processes. The best part is that you don’t need to be a professional coder to automate workflows using Jira.
The platform also grants you the ability to set up automation rules, which can be used by teams to streamline repetitive tasks. Besides this, you can rely on Jira Service Management to configure workflow approvals, manage incident responses, track IT assets, set up a service desk, and more.
Top Automation: Customer Service, Business Process, IT Process, Workflow.
- Request Management via Service Desk
- Rapid Incident Response
- Set-up automation rules
- Asset Management
- Problem Management
- Comprehensive reporting metrics
- Slack and Microsoft Team Support
- Highly configurable
- Free to use for up to 3 agents
- You may need to overcome a steep learning curve.
Verdict: Jira Service Management is a platform made to make the jobs of IT operation teams considerably simple. It can maximize the quality of support being offered while enabling rapid incident response.
Price: Jira Service Management is free for up to 3 agents. Its premium plan starts at $47 per agent. A custom enterprise plan is also available.
Best for Service Automation/Help Desk Management.
SysAid is a tool you can try to digitize your manual workflow processes. It comes with a workflow designer that allows users to create, share, and optimize workflows. What really makes SysAid shine is the fact that you don’t really need to know coding to use it. Anyone can easily edit and design workflows using this tool without any knowledge of scripting.
Besides workflow automation, you can also try SysAid for a plethora of other purposes. You can automate repetitive IT tasks using this platform. The software is also capable of performing automated fixes, making it ideal for automatically resolving issues raised by customers.
- Self-Service Automation
- Task Automation
- Automated Reporting
- AI Service Desk
- Drag and Drop UI
- Real-time visibility into workflow processes
- Highly configurable
- Smart Automation
- Lacks transparency with pricing.
Verdict: SysAid is a tool you should turn towards if you wish to digitize your manual workflow processes across departments. It is easy to set up, highly configurable, and requires no coding knowledge from its users. Definitely worth checking out.
Price: The software offers 3 pricing plans. You’ll need to contact their representative to get a clear quote. A free trial is also offered.
Best for medium to large-sized businesses with complex automation requirements.
Integrify is a 20+ years old platform, built to offer a low-code, easy-to-use, flexible platform, with excellent customer support services. Integrify is suitable for mid-sized to enterprise-scale businesses that have a wide range of complex workflow automation requirements.
The software can be deployed on Cloud, SaaS, Web, Mac/Windows desktop, and Windows/Linux premises.
Top Automations offered: IT Service Requests, Security Access Requests, CapEx/AFE Requests, Marketing Campaign Approvals, Quote Approvals, Legal Holds, Complaint Management, Employee Onboarding, and more.
- Automation tools for your customers, for submitting service requests, tracking their status, and giving feedback.
- Accounts Payable workflow automation tools including receipt processing and approval of transactions.
- Automation tools for the whole onboarding process.
- Office automation includes payroll approvals, audit trails, and more.
- Easy to use
- Appreciable customer services
- A bit complicated to use at the beginning.
Verdict: Abbott, Fuji Seal, Calian, Master Lock, and UC San Diego are some of the clients of Integrify.
We would highly recommend this easy-to-use, customizable software with flexible pricing plans. The range of features they offer is praiseworthy. Plus the customer support team is very nice.
The drag-and-drop tools for creating workflow automation processes are nice. Administration departments would definitely benefit from this platform.
Price: Contact directly to get a price quote.
Best for offering workflow automation features for your CRM and marketing requirements.
Built by a team of developers, QA engineers, marketers, designers, and customer care professionals, Snov.io is trusted by some globally renowned names like Uber and Oracle.
The platform can be deployed on Cloud, SaaS, or Web. The platform offers powerful automation and flexible pricing plans, thus making it suitable for businesses of all sizes.
The platform is basically a marketing and CRM tool with workflow automation features for these functions.
Top Automations offered: Email verification, Email Drip Campaigns, CRM, and more.
- Integrates with other platforms and verifies email addresses.
- Tools for linking up the sales processes and accessing all the CRM functionalities.
- Tools for building drip campaigns, with the help of drag-and-drop tools and templates, and the automation process work on the basis of recipients’ behavior.
- Check the technology used by your clients, access their website URLs, and reach them.
- The free version is available.
- Scalable platform
- Easy to use
- Integration with HubSpot, Zoho, Pipedrive, and 3000+ more platforms.
- No mobile application.
Verdict: Being awarded as a ‘High Performer in 2022’, by G2.com, having over 150,000 companies on board, and helping more than 2000 campaigns to be launched every single day, Snov.io is a highly popular and recommended workflow automation platform.
Toyota, eBay, Quora, Duracell, Philips, and Walmart are some of its biggest clients. The forever free price plan is something to drool over.
Price: A free version is available. Paid plans are as follows:
- S: $33 per month
- M: $83 per month
- L: $158 per month
- XL: $308 per month
- XXL: $615 per month
Best for being a scalable, powerful platform.
Nintex is an American workflow automation software company, founded in 2006.
The platform is ISO 27001:2013 certified, which is proof of the standard data security that it offers to the customers.
More than 10,000 organizations from all over the world, including Amazon, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Chevron, and AstraZeneca trust Nintex for standardizing their workflow processes.
Top Automations offered: Workflow automation, digital forms, documents generation and sharing, and more.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop designing tools for building workflows and digital forms.
- Automation tools for generating, e-signing, and storing documents
- Get access to 300 automation actions for running your tasks within minutes
- Automated notifications that can be received on your mobile.
- Mobile applications for Android as well as iOS users.
- A powerful platform, suitable for businesses of all sizes.
- Easy to use.
- A free trial for 30 days.
- A bit costlier than its alternatives.
Verdict: Nintex is an award-winning workflow automation platform. The software is suitable for businesses of all sizes and a wide range of industries including IT, law, HR, finance, and many more. The software is compatible with all devices, including your mobile phone.
According to them, Johnson Financial Group could reduce man-hours by 95%, by shifting towards the automation tools provided by Nintex.
Price: Nintex offers a free trial for 30 days. Price plans offered by Nintex are as follows:
- Nintex Workflow Standard: Starts at $910 per month
- Nintex Workflow Enterprise: Starts at $1400 per month
- Enterprise Edition: Contact directly to get a price quote.
Best for being easy to use and affordable.
Flokzu is a cloud-based workflow automation platform, founded in the year 2015. Having small, medium-sized, and even Fortune 500 companies as its clients, Flokzu is undoubtedly a popular name in the industry.
Hospital Britanico, UTEC, University of Pennsylvania, Twilio, Porto Seguro, Koole Terminals, NetPay, and HMC Capital are some of its clients.
Top Automations offered: Custom Reports, Maintaining Databases, Email Notifications, Dynamic Visibility for form fields, and more.
- Schedule custom reports and send them automatically to whoever you want.
- The substitutions feature lets you set a time until which a task is to be completed, otherwise, the substitute (set by you) will have to handle the task.
- Set timers until which a task should be completed. Another task would automatically be assigned after the given period.
- Monitor issues or errors associated with a specific workflow process.
- Integrates with Gmail, Slack, Google Drive, and many more popular applications
- Cloud-based deployment.
- Affordable price plans.
- Easy to use.
- A bit less beneficial for large enterprises, as compared to its alternatives.
Verdict: Flokzu has been awarded as the ‘Top Business Process Management Software by Goodfirms.co and, ‘High Market Presence in 2022’ by Crozdesk.
The platform is affordable and offers some highly useful project management features that can be beneficial for a small business.
Price: Price plans offered by Flokzu are:
- PoC: $50 per month
- Standard: $14 per month
- Premium: $20 per month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing.
Best for a number of simple yet powerful workflow automation tools.
Kissflow has more than 10,000 customers and over 2 Million users from 160 countries. Casio, Domino’s, Comcast, Pepsi, and Motorola are some of the clients of Kissflow.
Being awarded as the ‘Winter Leader in 2021’ by G2.com, and ‘The highest rated application’ by Gartner, Kissflow is surely a popular workflow automation software.
The reporting and analytical tools, and seamless integrations offered by the platform are appreciable.
Top Automations offered: Issue Tracking, Approval Management, Procurement Process, Employee Onboarding, Incident Management, and more.
- A drag and drop, no-code visual studio for creating automation.
- Built-in reporting tools.
- Workflow tracking through visualization tools.
- Seamless integration with many useful applications.
Verdict: The platform is extremely recommended because of the ease of use that it offers. Procurement, HR, and finance industries would definitely benefit a lot from this tool.
We would recommend this software to small to medium-sized businesses because it is an intuitive, user-friendly platform, that can be used even by beginners.
Price: Price plans offered by Kissflow are:
- Small Business: $18 per user per month
- Corporate: $20 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact directly to get a price quote.
Best for several integrations and a free version.
Zapier is a very popular platform, the reason being the range of highly beneficial features offered, at reasonable pricing. The main plus point of Zapier is that it can integrate with, literally any application, that too for free.
Zapier is AICPA’s SOC, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 certified. Plus, you get security features like two-factor authentication and 256-bit AES encryption.
Top Automations offered: Workflow Process Automations, Scheduling, Notifications, and more.
- Create Zaps (multi-step automated workflows), with up to 100 actions in a single Zap.
- Zaps can work on if/then rules.
- Schedule the Zap to run or delay in certain pre-defined conditions.
- Supports integration with 5000+ applications.
Verdict: Trusted by some renowned names like Meta, Asana, Dropbox, Spotify, and Shopify, Zapier is a highly beneficial and recommended platform.
Plus, the free version is a great plus point. It allows up to 5 single-step Zaps, bulk transferring of data, and more.
The main plus point of Zapier is that it allows you to integrate with more than 1000 applications including Facebook, Mailchimp, and many many more, which makes it highly useful for the marketing and service sectors.
Price: Zapier offers a free version. A free trial is also offered for 14 days. Paid plans are as follows:
- Starter: $29.99 per month
- Professional: $73.50 per month
- Team: $448.50 per month
- Company: $898.50 per month
Best for being a powerful CRM automation tool.
HubSpot is basically a CRM software that is trusted by more than 100,000 customers from over 120 countries, including KPMG, WWF, Cybereason, CancerIQ, and more.
This award-winning software can be deployed on Cloud, SaaS, Web, Android/iOS mobile, or iPad.
HubSpot is a popular American software company, founded in the year 2012. It offers tools for building automated marketing campaigns and workflow processes.
Top Automations offered: Email Automation, Form Automation, workflow process automation, and more.
- Automate email marketing campaigns.
- Offers tools for customizing and visualizing workflows.
- Set notifications for specific conditions.
- Mobile applications for Android as well as iOS users.
Verdict: The range of features offered by HubSpot is commendable. It is an all-in-one workflow automation tool.
They offer ease of use to their users, 24/7 customer support services, a wide range of highly useful automated CRM tools, and provide TLS 1.2, TLS 1.3 encryption in-transit, and AES-256 encryption at rest. The software is scalable, which makes it highly suitable for growing businesses as well as established enterprises.
Price: The email marketing and automation tools offered by HubSpot are free with each paid plan. The plans are:
- Starter: Starts at $45 per month
- Professional: Starts at $800 per month
- Enterprise: $3,200 per month
Best for highly powerful, unique automation.
Founded in 2004, Comidor is an ISO/27001:2013 and ISO/9001:2015 compliant workflow automation platform for businesses.
The software offers you the power of RPA & AI/ML technologies, for the purpose of streamlining, automating, and optimizing the business processes.
The software supports English, Deutsch, Espanol, Portuguese, and French languages.
Top Automations offered: Process Management, Workflow Automation, Robotic Process Automation, Cognitive Automation, and more.
- Offers process templates to create regular workflow procedures.
- Performance management tools include productivity metrics, analytics, and more.
- Drag and drop tools to build dynamic workflows.
- Cognitive Automation; involves complex tasks that require extensive human thinking and activities. Sentiment analysis, Predictive models, and Documents Analyzing are some of its features.
Verdict: Comidor can integrate with Oracle NetSuite, Freshdesk, Freshsales, Dynamics 365, Google Teams, and many more popular applications.
Comidor is a highly beneficial and recommendable platform. It can save your costs significantly, improve productivity by up to 25%, give you 360° visualization tools, and much more.
Price: Comidor offers a free trial for 14 days. Price plans (billed annually) are:
- Starter: $8 per user per month
- Business: $12 per user per month
- Enterprise: $16 per user per month
- Platform: Contact directly to get a price quote.
The digitization of business operations and the introduction of automation tools have helped businesses from all over the world flourish.
There are a number of AI-based powerful software in the industry that offers you tools to automate workflows, as per your business rules. Through automation, you can save much of your time and costs, increase productivity, visibility, accountability, and efficiency, and eliminate the chances of errors in operation.
Redwood RunMyJobs is the most powerful, beneficial, reasonable, and trusted workflow automation software. Apart from this, ActiveBatch, Monday.com, Integrify, Snov.io, Nintex, Flokzu, Kissflow, Zapier, HubSpot, and Comidor are some of the other recommended software for running smooth business workflows.
- Time is taken to research this article: We spent 11 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with a comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total Workflow Automation Software Researched Online: 15
- Top Workflow Automation Software Shortlisted for Review: 11