Hybrid cloud workload automation is the need of the hour. Read this review of the top Hybrid Workload Automation Software platforms in the industry along with their comparison:
Workload automation is a technology that eliminates the need for manual intervention in completing tasks. The technology can be used for several business processes including billing, reporting, forecasting, data management, resource management, incident management, anomaly analysis, IT security management, and much more.
What You Will Learn:
- Hybrid Workload Automation Software – Review
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Top Hybrid Workload Automation Tools
Hybrid Workload Automation Software – Review
Hybrid Cloud Workload Automation
Another appealing technology in today’s times is ‘Hybrid Cloud Workload Automation’. Using this advanced technology, businesses can automate large workloads across hybrid cloud environments.
There are a number of hybrid cloud workload automation tools that offer tools for visualizing and controlling business processes through a single point. These platforms let you automate complex workloads, like automated anomaly analysis, resource management, etc.
As per a report by Gartner, by the year 2024, 69% of the work done by managers in today’s times will be fully automated with the help of automation software.
In this article, you will get detailed reviews about the top hybrid workload automation software available in the industry, along with a comparison table, so that you can choose a platform for your business enterprise.
Market Trends: According to a report by Data Bridge Market Research, the global Hybrid Cloud market is expected to expand at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 20.31% during the period from 2020 to 2027 and reach a net worth of $204.48 billion by the year 2027.
Expert Advice: Choosing a hybrid IT workload automation software can be a tricky task. You should look for the following points while opting for one:
- Data security, so that you can rest assured of any data mishaps.
- Integrations that let you connect with your favorite applications.
- Ease of use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) Who uses Workload Automation?
Answer: Workload automation is used by businesses in order to improve efficiency in operations. Through this process, they can save time and costs, reduce chances of errors, improve employee performance and thus eventually boost their revenue.
Q #2) What is Hybrid Cloud Automation?
Answer: Hybrid cloud automation refers to the process of automating workloads across public and private cloud, multi-cloud, and on-premises hybrid IT environments.
This process allows big enterprises to manage large workloads, resources, and operations from a single point of control and gain full visibility over the workflow processes.
Q #3) What are the disadvantages of a hybrid cloud?
Answer: In spite of the hundreds of benefits of using a hybrid cloud environment to optimize the business processes, there are some disadvantages too, which are:
- You need a tech-savvy person to handle the operations.
- There will be a long learning curve.
Q #4) What does IBM’s hybrid cloud do?
Answer: IBM is one of the best hybrid cloud workload automation tool providers. The platform is highly recommended for the IT, Finance, Healthcare, and Accounting industries. It offers you tools for Anomaly Analysis, AI Data Advisory, Workload Designing, Defining Jobs, and What-if scenarios, thus helping you automate complex workloads.
Suggested Reading =>> Most Popular Workload Automation (WLA) Tools
Q #5) What is Redwood RunMyJobs?
Answer: Redwood RunMyJobs is the best hybrid workload automation software available in the industry. It offers you powerful automation, combined with ease of use. Plus, you pay just for what you use.
Data management, IT security management, Application management, Incident management, and many more features offered by the platform are praiseworthy. Companies like Daikin, John Deere, Airbus, and Xerox rely on Redwood RunMyJobs, for automating their complex workloads.
List of Top Hybrid Workload Automation Tools
Well-known and impressive Hybrid Cloud Workload Automation software list:
- ActiveBatch (Recommended)
- Redwood RunMyJobs (Recommended)
- IBM Workload Automation
Comparison of Hybrid Cloud Workload Automation Software
|Platform||Best for||Top Automations offered||Top Benefits||Free Trial|
|ActiveBatch||Dynamic automations and unlimited integrations.||Resource Management, Scheduling, Dynamic Queue Characteristics||• Time savvy|
• Real-time insights
• Powerful resource management tools
|Redwood RunMyJobs||Ease of use, powerful automations.||Data management, IT security management, Application management, Incident management||• ISO/IEC 27001, ISAE 3402 SOC 1 Type II certifications for data security|
• High uptime
• Ease of use
|Stonebranch||Real-time automation tools||Automated Cloud Infrastructure deployment, data transfer, jobs scheduling||• GDPR, PCI/DSS compliant, SOC 2 TYPE II certifications|
• A number of integrations
• Real-time automations
|IBM Workload Automation||Complex workload automation.||Anomaly Analysis, AI Data Advisory, Workload Designing||• GDPR compliance and standard data security offered.|
• Intuitive dashboard
• 360° view of business processes
|Activeeon||Scalability, feature-rich platform||Job Scheduling, Error management, Files handling||• Unlimited integrations|
• Suitable for large businesses
• Resource management tools
#1) ActiveBatch (Recommended)
Best for dynamic automation and unlimited integrations across hybrid IT infrastructure.
Trusted by IT teams at companies like Deloitte, Bosch, Subway, and many other big enterprises, ActiveBatch is a powerful, hybrid cloud management tool offered by Redwood.
ActiveBatch offers you integration and automation features for processing workloads across multiple on-premises, cloud, and hybrid environments, from a single point of control.
Founded in 1981, ActiveBatch has its offices in North America, South America, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom, and is loved by its users for the improved visibility, control, flexibility, powerful automation, scheduling, and notification tools that it offers.
Top Automations Offered: Resource Management, Scheduling, Dynamic Queue Characteristics, and more.
- Supports Amazon Web Services, Azure, Hyper-V, VMware, and more Cloud service providers.
- Powerful resource management tools, including Smart Queue, help in the dynamic scaling of machine resources up or down based on real-time demands and historical analyses.
- You can instruct the software to evaluate a machine’s characteristics like disk space, registry values, etc. so that the software will automatically assign each job to the most optimal machine.
- Supports a number of no-code integrations. Plus, using ActiveBatch’s API capabilities, you can integrate with any third-party tool.
- Connect to API endpoints in minutes.
- Real-time insights.
- Customizable alerts.
- Saves time.
- The functioning becomes a little complex at times.
Verdict: ActiveBatch is a scalable and flexible platform that offers a powerful set of features suitable for large enterprises.
Customer support is very likeable. The software offers tools for Workload Automation to Manage Hybrid IT Complexity. Plus, Automation can be set within minutes, so you save a lot of time by using ActiveBatch.
Price: A free trial is offered by ActiveBatch. Contact them to get a customized price quote.
#2) Redwood RunMyJobs (Recommended)
Best for easy to use, powerful automation and job scheduling tools.
Redwood RunMyJobs is one of the best hybrid workload automation tools in the industry. It allows you to set up automation across your hybrid environments.
The object-oriented design offered by Redwood RunMyJobs grants you to operate in parallel environments at the same time as part of your digital transition.
Built-in 1992 to automate business operations so that they can achieve more, Redwood RunMyJobs is currently the most popular and trusted platform for hybrid workload automation tools.
Top Automations Offered: Data management, IT security management, Application management, Incident management, and more.
- Automate workload across all environments, including on-premises, cloud, and containerized environments.
- Allows seamless coordination and integration among legacy applications, OS activity, and web API interactions.
- Move applications easily to cloud platforms including Amazon, Azure, Google, and more.
- Automation tools, data management, IT security management, application management, and much more.
- Easy to use
- Free Trial
- 24/7 customer support services
- Guaranteed 99.95% uptime
- Not much suitable for small businesses.
Verdict: The platform is highly useful for business operations, including reporting, billing, forecasting, and much more.
Businesses from different industries like manufacturing, utility, retail, healthcare, aerospace, and more, including GSK, Daikin, John Deere, Airbus, Xerox, and UBS opt for Redwood RunMyJobs for workload automation.
Price: Contact directly to get a price quote.
Best for offering real-time automation tools.
Stonebranch is a 23 year old platform that offers you tools for Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud Management. It allows you to automate business processes across public and private cloud, multi-cloud, and on-premises hybrid IT environments.
The cloud automation & orchestration solutions offered by Stonebranch are part of the Universal Automation Center (A product of Stonebranch). This platform allows enterprises to set up powerful automation, schedule cloud workloads, perform data transfers across cloud environments, and more.
Top Automations Offered: Automated Cloud Infrastructure deployment, data transfer, job scheduling, and more.
- Collaborate with IT Ops, cloud architects, developers, and more.
- Tools for data transfer across multiple clouds or between cloud and premises.
- Scheduling for real-time, event-based automation.
- Integrates with your cloud technology stack so that you can access tools for scheduling automated jobs directly from UAC.
- 24/7 live customer services.
- Free trial.
- Useful integrations.
- Access Controls and Notification features are not available.
Verdict: The real-time automation tools offered by the platform are worth appreciation. The software has been awarded ‘Spring Leader in 2022’, by G2.com, and ‘2021 Value Leader’ by EMA.
The platform is to be lacking some useful automation that is usually offered by other workload automation platforms. But overall, it is a highly recommended Hybrid IT Automation platform.
Price: Contact directly to get a price quote.
#4) IBM Workload Automation
Best for complex workload automation.
IBM Workload Automation is a great platform for automating complex workloads. Features offered by IBM for workload automation include a powerful and intuitive dashboard, self-service automation, anomaly detection of workloads, file transfer, full observability of business processes, and ease of use.
Hybrid IT Workload automation tools offered by IBM help you in decision making, due to centralized management of resources and optimized workload in a hybrid model.
Top Automations Offered: Anomaly Analysis, AI Data Advisory, Workload Designing, Defining Jobs, and What-if scenarios.
- Tools to centralize management, schedule events, and more.
- Visualization tools let you track the progress of each operation.
- Easy to use tools to build automation on your own, even with the help of a mobile phone.
- Automated file transferring tools.
- Easy to use.
- Free trial.
- Powerful automation.
- They need to work on integrations with third-party applications.
Verdict: The platform is suitable for optimizing and automating complex workflows, with the help of its powerful automation tools, which are easy to use and give you a single point of control.
We would highly recommend this hybrid IT workload optimization platform for the IT, Finance, Healthcare, and Accounting industries. The workload monitoring tools are praiseworthy.
Price: IBM Workload Automation offers you a free trial for 30 days. Contact directly to get a price quote.
Website: IBM Workload Automation
Best for being a scalable, feature-rich platform.
ActiveEon is a scalable, global Hybrid Cloud Workload Automation tool provider. This open automation system offers you a number of features for optimizing workloads, including error management, notifications, docker support, etc.
Cross-platform workload automation can be made simple with the help of ActiveEon, thus increasing the efficiency of the production process.
The platform supports all operating systems and multiple databases and is suitable for companies with big infrastructure, having more than 1,000 computers, a large number of jobs, and complex data.
Top Automations Offered: Job Scheduling, Error Management, File Handling, and more.
- Allows you to schedule big data analytics, that are mono-threaded, multi-threaded, multi-core, parallel, and distributed.
- A workflow studio that offers tools for designing workloads.
- Automation tools for setting up, scheduling, and managing tasks.
- Set real-time alerts and notifications integrate through Rest API and much more.
- Free trial.
- Modern, intuitive interface.
- Powerful tools to handle complex data and large infrastructure.
- Not suitable for small businesses.
Verdict: Loreal Paris, Capgemini, Legal and General, and the Home Office are some of the clients of ActiveEon.
The modern interface, user-friendliness, and customer support are most liked. This hybrid cloud automation & orchestration software is suitable for large enterprises and has even been chosen by the French government to support research in AI.
Price: ActiveEon offers a 10 day free trial. Contact directly to get a price quote.
Hybrid Cloud Workload Automation is a modern, advanced solution for optimizing huge, complex workloads in large enterprises.
Big companies like Deloitte, Bosch, Subway, Loreal Paris, Capgemini, Daikin, Coca-Cola, and many more rely on Hybrid Workload Automation tools, for getting centralized control over their vast resources and for managing their operations.
Redwood RunMyJobs, Stonebranch, IBM Workload Automation, ActiveEon, and ActiveBatch are the top BEST hybrid cloud workload automation tools. They offer you powerful automation, integrations, tools for centralized monitoring of operations and resources, and much more, across multiple on-premises, Cloud-based and hybrid environments.
- Time Taken to Research This Article: We spent 12 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with a comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total Tools Researched Online: 12
- Top Tools Shortlisted for Review: 5