This tutorial reviews and compares the top Floor Plan Software available to help you pick the best Floor Plan Designer as per your requirement:
When you go for constructing a new house or an office or a hotel or any kind of building, you need to have a proper plan before starting your work.
Floor Plan is being made prior to the construction process to ensure architectural and engineering accuracy.
What You Will Learn:
- Floor Plan Software
- List Of Top Floor Plan Software
Floor Plan Software
A floor plan is a drawing or a design being made commonly by architects, which shows the aerial view of each floor of a building, stating clearly the physical dimensions and location of each room, garden area, open space, etc., while properly defining the place and location of each door, window, furniture or electrical equipment that you plan to have in your new construction.
A House Design software assists you in making the floor plan with much ease, accuracy and efficiency by providing you proper tools for making a blueprint of your floor.
In this article, we will study the best available floor plan designer software, their features, prices, verdicts and compare them based on several grounds so that you can decide the choice of the floor plan maker most suitable for you.
Facts check: According to Verified Market Search, the Global free floor plan software market is expected to reach the value of USD 292.78 Million by 2027, from USD 154.55 Million in 2019, by growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.52% from 2020 to 2027.
ROW -> Rest Of The World
FAQs about Floor Plan Creator
Q #1) What is the purpose of a floor plan?
Answer: A floor plan is being made for the purpose of efficient and judicious construction of a building by clearly stating the proper dimensions and location of each space to be made.
Q #2) What is a floor planner?
Answer: A floor planner is a blueprint maker for a construction building. It helps in making a 3D design of the floor within minutes, with help of proper tools for designing.
Q #3) Which is the best software for floor plans?
Answer: If you want a floor plan maker which can handle complex detailing work with much ease, then go for Floor Plan Creator, HomeByMe, EdrawMax, or AutoCAD architecture. These are the best software for floor plans.
List Of Top Floor Plan Software
Here is the list of popular Floor Plan or Blueprint Makers:
- EdrawMax (Recommended)
- Floor Plan Creator
- Planner 5D
- Foyr Neo®
- Autodesk Civil 3D
- AutoCAD Architecture
- Sweet Home 3D
Comparing Top 5 Best Floor Plan Designer
|Tool name||Best for||Features||Price||Free Trial|
|EdrawMax||Easy and quick working tools for designing layouts||? Easy to understand tools|
? Quick start templates
? Scaling tools
|Starts with $8.25 per month||Available for 30 days|
|Floor Plan Creator||Detailing features that help when high precision is required.||? Make your hand made templates to work in future|
? Symbol library
? Automatic sync
? Supports metric and imperial units
|Starts at $4.95 per year||First project is free|
|RoomSketcher||Real estate floor plans||? 2D and 3D floor plans|
? Cloud synchronization
|Starts at $49 per year||Not Available|
|Planner 5D||Study programs and compatibility with all operating systems||? 2D and 3D models|
? Products library for house designing
? Start templates
|Floorplanner||Its wide range of symbols||? 2D designing|
? 3D look of the model
? Symbol library
? Cloud synchronization
|Starts at $5 per month for individuals and $59 per month for companies||Not Available|
Let us review the Floor Plan Designer software below.
#1) EdrawMax (Recommended)
EdrawMax is best for easy and quick working tools for designing layouts.
EdrawMax is a floor plan designer which is easy to use and provides quick-start templates to help you create just the perfect layout in minutes and then share or print your design with just a few clicks. It can be used for creating floor plans, home wiring plans, escape plans, and even seating plans.
- Easy-to-use features make the floor plan creator the first preference for new users and experts alike.
- Plenty of symbols and quick-start templates to help you create the perfect layout in minutes.
- Make layouts having rooms of any shape (straight walls or curved walls) or size while being assisted by Symbol Library to specify doors, windows, furniture, electrical and telecom, lights, fire survey.
- Built-in scale tools to ensure correct proportions and dimensions
- A cross-platform software supporting Windows, macOS, Linux, and online use.
Price: There is a 30-day free trial. Price structure is as follows:
Verdict: EdrawMax is a highly recommended floor plan software that can assist you in many ways. Besides, it also supports 280+ types of other diagrams like flowcharts, business diagrams, and so on. The cross-platform floor plan maker allows users to work together from anywhere anytime.
#2) Floor Plan Creator
Best for detailing features that help when high precision is required.
Floor Plan Creator is a fast and precise, multi-platform supporting blueprint maker which aids you in making your floor layout by offering features like Symbol Library, Metric and imperial units, and many more. You can even see your layout in 3D mode.
- Compatible with any computer or mobile.
- Your handmade plan can be used as a template.
- Make layouts having rooms of any shape (straight walls only) or size while being assisted by Symbol Library to specify doors, windows, furniture, electrical, fire survey.
- Automatically synchronizes your projects, which can be simultaneously shared between devices.
- Supports metric and imperial units.
Verdict: Floor Plan Creator is one of the best floor plan designers, but some of the users complain about it being complicated to use.
Price: Price structure is as follows:
|First project is free, then pay $6.95 per 10 projects||$4.95 per year (Price is for 10 projects. Pay $4.95 per extra 10 projects)||$6.95 per month (unlimited)|
Website: Floor Plan Creator
Best for real estate floor plans.
RoomSketcher floor plan designer lets you create floor plans and home designs online. They even allow you to order a floor plan and get it done within a single business day.
You can easily drag or resize the items in your room sketch with the help of Roomsketcher.
- Make floor designs in 2D or 3D.
- Cloud synchronization helps you access your layouts anytime from anywhere.
- You can order a floor plan and get a plan made by an expert on the next business day.
- Create 3D printable photos of a furnished room to see how the room will look finally.
Verdict: RoomSketcher is a floor plan creator, which is the most suitable for making layouts for real estate buildings. One of the users complains about the blueprint maker not being mobile-friendly.
Price: A free version is available. Pricing plans are as follows:
#4) Planner 5D
Best for study programs and compatibility with all operating systems.
Planner 5D is a floor plan maker that lets you make blueprints based on your ideas with the help of its vast Shape Libraries. You can easily create 2D or 3D layouts of your home, office, or any commercial space quickly and efficiently.
- Integrations with other platforms.
- Create 2D or 3D interior models.
- House designing with the help of products library.
- Cloud synchronization feature helps you access your design anytime from anywhere.
- Quickstart templates to ease up the process.
Verdict: Planner 5D is a highly recommendable floor plan software that works on all operating systems absolutely free of cost. They even offer study programs to enhance your designing skills.
Website: Planner 5D
Best for its wide range of symbols.
Floorplanner is a floor plan software that lets you make floor designs in 2D and view them in 3D just with a single click hence you can show the final look of your floor plan to your client made with the help of symbols from Symbol library and 3D images.
- Create 2D plans with full furnishing to see the final look of the room.
- See the 3D model of your design and have a 360° look at your plan to see the final look from every angle.
- A symbol library containing over 150,000 3D items to help you create the perfect finished look of the plan.
- Create and send 2D and 3D images (jpeg, png, pdf) and send them through the mail.
- Cloud sync helps you to access your plan from anywhere.
Verdict: Floorplanner can be recommended based on the ease of use it offers to its users.
Price: Pricing plans are as follows:
|For individuals||For company|
|Basic- Free||Team- $59 per month|
|Plus- $5 per month||Business- $179 per month|
|Pro- $29 per month||Enterprise- $599 per month|
#6) Foyr Neo®
Best for artificial intelligence features that give you some very productive suggestions.
Foyr Neo® is an affordable, easy to use, and reliable floor plan creator which helps you get photorealistic renders within minutes. This floor plan designer even offers you artificial intelligence tools, which give you suggestions to make an awesome final product.
- Have access to 50000+ 3D models.
- Have a 3D view of your 2D plan.
- Powerful 3D view lets interior designers work with ease and efficiency.
- Artificial intelligence features that assist you in designing your home plan.
- Easy learning with built-in tutorials.
Verdict: The live feedback feature offered by the floor plan creator is said to be the best thing about it, by a user. Apart from this, a number of reviews in favour of the software suggest that it’s a good choice to opt for.
Price: There is a 14-day free trial. Price structure is stated as under:
|Interior Design||Real Estate||Education|
|Basic- $49 per month|
Standard- $79 per month
Premium- $179 per month
|Enterprise- $349 per month||EDU Basic- $4.99 per month per user
EDU Team- Contact Sales for a Quote.
Website: Foyr Neo®
Best for collaborative work.
SketchUp® is one of the best house design software, which is extremely helpful for making floor plans. The software is suitable for personal, professional, or even educational purposes.
- Create 3D models with ease and efficiency.
- Customize your 3D model as per your wish.
- Your work made easy. Document in 2D and design in 3D.
- Modern technology that’s extremely helpful in making just the perfect plan.
- Collaborate with your team while you work.
Verdict: SketchUp® has some cool features. Like one user says, you can create new furniture or new designs to add to your plan. You can also export and integrate your plan with other platforms, to make an awesome final product. But the software can be costly for the newcomers.
Price: There is a free trial for 30 days. Price structure is as follows:
|For Personal||For Professional||Higher Education||Primary & Secondary|
|? Sketchup free- Free|
? Sketchup Shop- $119 per year
? Sketchup Pro- $299 per year
|? Sketchup Shop- $119 per year|
? Sketchup Pro- $299 per year
? Sketchup Studio- $1199 per year
|? Sketchup Studio For Students- $55 per year|
? For educators- $55 per year
|? Sketchup for schools- Free with a G Suite or Microsoft education account
? Sketchup Pro- Sketchup Pro statewise License, free with a state grant
Best for images of projects made by HomeByMe, available for your inspiration.
HomeByMe is an easy-to-use floor plan creator that offers you a free version and the smart features you need to plan your space. They even offer you to convert your plan into a project or design your interiors by experts if you want.
- Create your plan and view it in 3D.
- Have an insight into other projects made by HomeByMe for your inspiration.
- Get your floor plan converted into a project by experts at HomeByMe.
- Get your interiors designed within three business days.
Verdict: The users find the floor plan designer easy to use. On the other hand, some customers have complained about it being slow while doing the detailing work.
Price: Pricing plans are as follows:
- Starter Plan: Free
- One-time pack: $19.47 (for 5 projects)
- Unlimited: $35.39 per month
Best for making flow charts.
SmartDraw is easy and powerful, which aids you in making flow charts, org charts, creating floor plans, and more. It offers you data retention, sophisticated collaboration, account administration features, and much more.
- Quickstart templates and plenty of symbols help you make your layout in minutes.
- Integrates easily with other platforms. You can insert your diagrams into Microsoft Office, Jira, and more.
- Share your plans through Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
- Built-in extensions help you create diagrams and charts within minutes.
Verdict: Users find SmartDraw very powerful in the way that it handles complex planning with ease. This floor plan designer can be recommended for professional use.
Price: Pricing policy is as follows:
- Single user: $9.95 per month
- Multiple users: Starts from $5.95 per month
Best for photorealistic product experience.
Roomle® is one of the best floor plan makers, which aims at offering the users a photorealistic product experience with a variety of customizing features. The application is divided into 4 levels. You can opt for the one that suits you.
- Visualize your plan in 3D.
- High quality realistic images of your plan.
- Compatible with all operating systems.
- Rubens CPQ configurator to help you configure, price, and quote.
Verdict: Roomle® offers great features and has really nice customer service but lacks collaboration tools, as pointed out by a user.
Price: There is a 14-day free trial. The prices start at $5700 per year.
#11) Autodesk Civil 3D
Best for civil engineering.
Autodesk Civil 3D is a floor plan software mainly suitable for civil engineering. The software offers features for infrastructural designing, car manufacturing, bridge, corridor or site designing and much more at one single platform and lets you create 3D photorealistic images of the final plan.
- Civil engineering features including bridge, corridor, or site designing.
- Collaborates with multiple companies so that they can access Civil 3D files from different locations.
- Complex bridge designing tools make plans more efficient.
- Cloud synchronization of your data.
- Create building designs, manufacture cars, and automotive parts and equipments.
- Create 3D photorealistic plans.
Verdict: Autodesk Civil 3D is highly professional and powerful software that aids in engineering, architecture, or designing of parts or equipment, car manufacturing, and much more. But because of the heavy load of features, it is a bit complicated to use and crashes sometimes, as pointed out by some users.
Price: $305 per month
Website: Autodesk Civil 3D
#12) AutoCAD Architecture
Best for complex and detail-oriented architectural designing.
AutoCAD Architecture is a floor plan maker that assists you in creating architectural designs more quickly and accurately with the help of its toolset containing 8500+ intelligent objects and styles.
- 8500+ objects and styles to assist you in designing.
- Create documents with specifications like walls, windows, doors, etc.
- Renovation tool that helps you avoid errors in documentation.
- Detailing tools that help you customize your layout just the way you want.
Verdict: AutoCAD Architecture is a highly recommendable floor plan software that has very good ratings by its users. One user stated that this blueprint maker is a complete package in itself.
Price: $220 per month
Website: AutoCAD Architecture
#13) Sweet Home 3D
Best for newcomers who want to become efficient in designing.
Sweet Home 3D is an open-source, free house design software that assists in making plans for the interiors, arranging furniture, and converting the results in 3D so that you can see your design from every angle.
- Create layouts having straight, round or sloping walls.
- Insert doors, windows, and furniture while clearly specifying their dimensions.
- Change color scheme, size, location, dimensions of any object or any wall.
- Photorealistic images help to get the perfect final look of your plan.
- Supports 29 languages.
Verdict: Sweet Home 3D is an extremely easy to use, lightweight floor plan software which is available free of cost. Users find this software highly recommendable for newcomers only, as it lacks high-end features required by experts.
Website: Sweet Home 3D
In this article, we studied the best available floor plan software, their features, best qualities, compared them, and gave verdicts about them so that you can decide which one is the most suitable for you.
Based on our study, we can now conclude that if you want a floor plan maker which can handle complex detailing work with much ease, then EdrawMax is recommended software. You can also go for Floor Plan Creator, HomeByMe, EdrawMax, or AutoCAD architecture while on the other hand, Sweet Home 3D and Planner 5D are suitable for individuals or freelancers who do not require plenty of features.
Foyr Neo is a great application that offers artificial intelligence tools, and Autodesk Civil 3D is basically suitable for complex infrastructural designing. Room Sketcher, Roomle, and Floorplanner offer you a vast variety of tools for designing the interiors.
Suggested reading =>> Best 2D and 3D CAD Software for Beginners
SmartDraw is helpful for making charts and diagrams while SketchUp offers great compatibility with other programs so that you can export or import designs to and from other platforms.
- Time taken to research this article: We spent 10 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with the comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total tools researched online: 25
- Top tools shortlisted for review: 10