This Tutorial Includes a list of Top Web Design Tools along with their Features, Comparison & Pricing. Select the Best Web Design Software For Your Business:
Web Design Software is an application that has features and functionalities for creating a website. It can be categorized into Online Web Design Software and Offline Web Design Software.
Online software is a web-based application and doesn’t require installation. Offline software is standalone web editors.
What You Will Learn:
- Web Design Software Review
- List Of The Top Web Design Software
Web Design Software Review
Website is an effective way of communicating to customers and many times the visitors judge the business or services based on the website. Thus a website plays an important role in improving the business. For having a good website, one should have a good Web Design Software. Feature-rich software will help you to build a feature-rich website.
The below graph will show you the details of this research.
Benefits of Web Design Tools
Web Design software is easy to use. It provides a drag-and-drop facility and thus coding skills are not mandatory to design websites. You will get professionally designed templates.
You will require minimal skills to create beautiful designs with the right web design software.
Few web design tools has the ability to automate the entire process. Web Designers create their own toolkit by combining different software. It is useful for building websites for e-commerce, graphic designers, marketers, and HTML sites.
List Of The Top Web Design Software
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Constant Contact Website Builder
- Adobe Photoshop
- Google Web Designer
Comparison of The Best Web Page Design Software
|Web Design Software||Best for||Platform||Features||Free plan/Free Trial||Price|
|Wix||Small-scale websites, Entrepreneurs, freelancers, and for personal use.||Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Firefox,||Drag-and-drop website builder Scrolling effects, Advanced design features, etc.||Available for free to use.||VIP: $39 /month,
Enterprise: $500/month for one website.
|Weebly||HTML or CSS experts.||iOS, Android, etc.||Drag & drop builder, video backgrounds, custom fonts, Parallax & Reveal, etc.||Free for basic use.||For websites
Free: Basic use.
For Online stores: Start at $12 /month
|Adobe Dreamweaver||Skilled web developers and coders.||Windows & Mac.||Dynamic display on every device, fast & flexible coding, Seamless live view editing, etc.||Free trial available.||$20.99 per month.|
|Mobirise||Small and medium websites, landing pages, online resumes, and portfolios.||Windows & Mac||Offline tool, perfect for non-techies, Free for commercial use, Mobile-friendliness, etc.||Free plan available.||$2693 or available for $97 within the offer period.|
|Webflow||Artists and Designers to showcase creative skills. It is best for small to large enterprises and online businesses.||Cross-browser compatibility.||Built-in SEO tools, flexible integrations, etc.||The tool is free until launch.||Site Plans: Starts at @12/month.
Account plans: Free plan available & paid plan starts at $16/month.
Best for Artists, Photographers, and Musicians for showcasing the portfolio. It will work best for small-scale websites, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and for personal use.
Wix Pricing: Wix is available for free to use forever. To upgrade the site, it provides Premium plans i.e. VIP ($39 per month), Pro ($22 per month), Unlimited ($17 per month), and Combo ($13 per month). Enterprise package will cost you $500 per month for one website.
Wix provides a cloud-based platform for development. It has all the features required for creating a completely personalized and high-quality free website.
Wix provides hundreds of fully customizable templates and an extensive collection of images, clip arts, and icons. It can also provide marketing solutions such as email marketing, SEO assistance, etc.
Wix will help you with building an online presence with free and secure web hosting. You will get a mobile-optimized version of your website. You can access the Wix App Market for free apps. With a free plan, it provides 500MB storage and 1GB bandwidth.
- Wix Editor will allow you to access 500 designer-made templates.
- You will get a drag-and-drop website builder.
- You can upload your own fonts or can use more than 100 existing fonts.
- It provides the features to add scrolling effects such as zoom-in or fade-in scrolling.
- It provides advanced design features that will allow you to add animation, video backgrounds, and scroll effects to your websites.
- As per the reviews, it is difficult to revamp the website with Wix as it will not allow you to switch the theme once your website will be up and running.
Verdict: Wix will help you to create a free and professional website. You will get free reliable web hosting, top security, best SEO, and a dedicated support team. Wix can provide enterprise services such as Onboarding & Scale-up services, Professional Services, Security, etc.
Best for HTML or CSS experts.
Weebly Pricing: Weebly is free for basic use. It offers three more pricing plans for websites i.e. Connect ($5 per month), Pro ($12 per month), and Business ($25 per month). For online stores, there are three pricing plans i.e. Pro ($12 per month), Business ($25 per month), and Business Plus ($38 per month).
Weebly provides a free website builder for creating a website, blog, or online store. There will be customizable templates, domains, and easy-to-use tools. It provides a built-in editor that will help you to personalize the website extensively.
- Weebly provides SSL Security for free.
- It provides unlimited storage with its premium plans.
- It provides features like password protection, advanced site stats, and site search, etc.
- Weebly’s drag-and-drop functionality is not perfect and hence you should have programming skills to customize the website.
- It doesn’t provide control to restore the website on your own. You will have to contact the Weebly team in case the website goes down.
Verdict: This platform will let your customers pay as per their choice as Weebly is a part of the Square product suite. It provides support through chat, email, phone, and community forum.
#3) Adobe Dreamweaver
Best for skilled web developers and coders.
Price: Adobe Dreamweaver is available for $20.99 per month. It offers a free trial for the product.
By using coding shortcuts, multi-line editing, error-checking & line previews, it will help you to work faster.
- Dreamweaver provides the features for fast and flexible coding such as code hints, visual aids, and allows editing of HTML, CSS, etc.
- You will be able to use the assets form your library and Adobe Stock as Dreamweaver is a part of the Creative Cloud.
- You can preview the websites and you will be able to edit them in real-time.
- It provides the features of seamless live view editing, multi-monitor support for Windows, Redesigned & modern UI, and Git Support.
- It may take time for beginners in getting familiar with the tool.
- To use this tool, you should have coding skills.
Verdict: Adobe Dreamweaver is a tool for creating, coding and managing dynamic websites. It provides a smart and flexible coding engine. Dreamweaver will help you to build responsive websites that can fit any screen size.
Website: Adobe Dreamweaver
Best for small & medium websites, landing pages, online resumes, and portfolios.
Price: Website Builder Kit is available for $2693. Mobirise is providing a 96% discount till 29 Nov 2019 and thus it is available for $97. Mobirise is available for free to use for personal as well as commercial use.
Mobirise is a free web design software. It supports Windows and Mac platforms. It provides more than 1800 website blocks, templates, and themes. It can be used by non-techies. You will be able to build mobile-friendly websites with Mobirise.
- For small customer’s projects & fast prototyping, the tool works great for pro-coders.
- It will allow you to create a unique mix by combining blocks from different themes.
- You can host your website on a local drive, FTP, or Amazon S3, Google Cloud, GitHub pages, etc.
- It will allow you to choose the Fonts from a list of more than 800 Google Fonts and retina-ready free icons.
- As per the reviews, documentation & support needs to be improved.
- Software updates need to be installed manually.
Verdict: Mobirise provides the platform that has the features of a drag-and-drop editor, inline editing, preview & publish, more than 2000 website blocks, webpage templates, and contact forms.
Best for Artists and Designers to showcase creative skills. It is best for small to large enterprises and online businesses.
Price: Webflow will allow you to start building for free. Then you will have to add a site plan for going live. It offers two types of plans i.e. Site Plans & Account plans. Site Plan for websites starts at $12 per month and the Site plan for e-commerce start at $29 per month.
It provides a free account plan for individuals. It can be upgraded starting from $16 per month. Account Plans for teams start at $35 per person. All the prices are for annual billing.
Webflow provides a variety of products like Designer, Interaction, CMS, E-Commerce, etc. You can drag the unstyled HTML elements or pre-built pieces. It provides cross-browser compatibility.
Webflow can provide the features of enterprise-grade scalability, security, and support. It can be a complete platform if integrated with marketing tools and collecting from data & storing backups.
- You will be able to create immersive interactions and animations.
- The tool will allow you to use any font.
- You can adjust everything from tracking to line-height.
- You can define global color swatches and will be able to update every instance of color in one edit.
- It provides an intuitive editor i.e. even clients and colleagues can update the content.
- It doesn’t provide a phone or live chat support.
Best for Photographers and artists to showcase the designs and creativity.
Price: Squarespace is available in four pricing plans i.e. Personal ($12 per month), Business ($18 per month), Basic Commerce ($26 per month), and Advanced Commerce ($40 per month).
Squarespace is useful to entrepreneurs, photographers, restaurants, small businesses, etc. It is an all-in-one platform. The created websites will be mobile-optimized.
- Squarespace provides modern templates that will be compatible with modern browsers and mobiles.
- Its style editor will have hundreds of customizable fonts, colors, and page configurations.
- It provides free typeset fonts, starter layouts, chart blocks, free google fonts, etc.
- Squarespace has a learning curve or you need to get familiar with the tool to customize the website with drag-and-drop features.
- There is no app store and thus you have to use its built-in features only
Verdict: Squarespace provides unlimited storage and bandwidth with all the plans. You will get SEO features for site visibility.
Best for small to medium businesses and freelancers.
Price: GIMP is a free and open-source tool.
GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a free and open-source tool for image editing. It can perform the tasks of image retouching & editing, free-form drawing, converting between different image formats, etc.
It supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Sun Open Solaris, and FreeBSD. The tool will help you with creating icons, graphical design elements, and art for user interface components and mockups.
GIMP will allow you to change the source code and distribute the changes. It can be used by graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, scientists, etc.
- GIMP supports C, C++, Perl, Python, Schema, etc.
- It has top-notch color management features so that you will get high-fidelity color reproduction over digital and printed media.
- It supports various file formats ranging from simple such as JPEG & GIF to special ones such as multicolor-depth Windows icon files.
- GIMP provides the features of Customizable Interface, photo enhancement, and digital retouching.
- As per the reviews, the interface is a little messy.
Verdict: Artists will get the power and flexibility for creating unique creations through the tools that will be required for high-quality image manipulation. It is a highly extensible and customizable platform.
Best for small to large businesses and freelancers.
Price: Sketch provides two options for buying new licenses, one for a personal license ($99) and the Volume license ($89 per device for 2 devices). To renew an existing Personal License, it will cost you $69. Renewing existing volume license price starts at $64 per device. You can try the product for free.
Sketch is useful for creating, prototyping, collaborating, and turning the ideas into marvelous products. Using Anima Toolkit, you will be able to create timeline animations. It provides various plugins such as Bitmap compressor, Material Theme Editor, Pexels, etc.
- Felipe plugin has the functionality for converting wireframes into UI elements.
- It will be easier to create, update, and share all the design components with your team.
- The tool will allow you to use real and diverse data sets for adding faces, names, places, etc.
- The tool is not suitable for old machines as it slows down them sometimes.
- Cloud sharing can make a pixelation and distortion.
Verdict: Sketch provides the platform that will let you create, prototype, and collaborate with designers, developers, and stakeholders.
Best for beginners, online stores, small businesses, freelancers, or for personal use.
Price: You can start using WordPress for free. There are four pricing plans i.e. Personal ($4 per month), Premium ($8 per month), Business ($25 per month), and e-commerce ($45 per month).
For site customization, WordPress provides a lot of free themes. It will also help you with Marketing and Monetization Tools that includes SEO Tools, Simple Payments, and Recurring Payments.
- With the premium plan, you will get access to unlimited Premium themes.
- It provides functionalities for advanced design customization.
- It offers email and live chat support.
- Depending on the plan, it provides storage space ranging from 3 GB to 200 GB.
- Unavailability of a built-in drag-and-drop website builder.
Verdict: WordPress provides tools to create a website or a blog. You will get dozens of free, customizable mobile-ready designs and themes. It provides free hosting and support.
#10) Constant Contact Website Builder
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: Constant Contact offers a free plan. It has two more pricing plans i.e. Starter ($10 per month) and Business Plus ($20 per month).
Constant Contact is a website builder that can be used for websites, stores, and domains. It will create a mobile-responsive website. The created website will be visible on any device. You will get a fully-customizable and SEO-optimized website.
You will get speed and reliability as all the developed websites will get built on CDN. You can choose from a variety of layouts to make engaging product listings. It provides a facility for easy online payments with the help of PayPal, Stripe, and Mobile.
- Constant Contact provides an AI-powered Logo Maker. It will allow you to download the logo for free. While designing a log, the tool will allow you to customize every element including color and fonts.
- It provides domain-related features like free-domain privacy, free domain for a year, domain management, domain-based email, auto-renewal, and expert customer support.
- For e-commerce, it provides features like coupons & discounts, store analytics, tax management, mobile optimization, etc.
- Constant Contact doesn’t have image editing features.
Verdict: Constant Contact provides a free image library through integration with Unsplash. This access to the image gallery will make more than 550000 images accessible. Constant Contact provides unlimited storage with all the plans. It provides support through chat, email, phone, and priority support.
Website: Constant Contact Website Builder
#11) Adobe Photoshop
Best for freelancers and small to large businesses.
Price: Adobe offers a free trial for the product. It offers the pricing plans for Individuals (Starts at $9.99 per month), Business (Starts at $24.99 per month per license), Students & Teachers ($15.99 per month), and Schools & Universities ($14.pp per month).
You can choose from the various plans available, Photography ($9.99 per month), Adobe Photoshop Single App ($20.99 per month), Creative Cloud All Apps (Get a quote), and Students & Teachers (Get a quote).
The tool can be used for posters, packaging, banners, and websites. You can add colors and effects. You will be able to crop, remove objects, retouch, and combine photos.
- Adobe Photoshop will allow you to combine photos and text for creating new images.
- It saves the work on the cloud and hence gives you the freedom to start on the iPad and finish the work on the desktop.
- It provides features like object selection tool, enhanced transform wrap, and improved properties panel.
- As per the reviews, it will be difficult to render high-quality graphics.
- It may be difficult for beginners to get familiar with the interface.
Verdict: Adobe Photoshop provides the features and functionalities for various creative projects such as Photo editing, compositing to digital painting, animation, or graphic design. It can be used on the desktop as well as the iPad.
Website: Adobe Photoshop
#12) Google Web Designer
Best for web developers and for creating ads. It works best for medium to large businesses.
Price: It is available for free to download and use.
Google Web Designer can be used for creating engaging and interactive HTML-5 based designs and motion graphics. This design and graphics will be compatible with any device. It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. It will allow you to make use of animation and interactive elements.
Google Web Designer is seamlessly integrated with other Google products such as Google Drive, Google Ads, etc.
- You can add multiple scenes in projects by creating multiple pages. This will give your audience a different experience.
- You can drag-and-drop the different components such as video players, maps, or image galleries.
- It provides the functionalities to make your creative react to user’s actions such as touch, rotation, or shaking.
- You can create responsive Ads that will fit any screen size. With the help of Dynamic Ad Workflow, you will be able to tailor your ad.
- It provides functionalities for creating and manipulating 3D content.
- Google Web Designer doesn’t provide the features for text content creation.
- You may not be able to open the HTML files created using other web design tools.
- To get the exact result, you may have to investigate the source code.
Website: Google Web Designer
Best for freelancers, agencies, and website owners.
Price: There are two pricing plans i.e. Yearly access ($67 per year), and Lifetime access ($187).
Elegant Themes offers Divi, a WordPress Page Builder. This website building platform will let you build the website visually. It provides ease and efficiency to design professionals and newcomers for creating spectacular designs.
- For visual building, it provides the functionalities like effects, shape dividers, bulk editing, layout library, transforms, hover-states, and find & replace.
- It provides more than 800 pre-made designs.
- It includes powerful design tools and will help you with promoting the website on social media.
- It provides a hover option interface that is unique and easy to use.
- Divi will provide you the features like responsive editing, fonts & text styling, shape dividers, border options, transform controls & effects, advanced code editing, filters & effects, drop shadows, text shadows, animations, and background images, colors, gradients, & videos.
- It doesn’t provide a Popup builder.
Verdict: Every part of your website can be designed and customized by this complete design framework. This tool provides easy to use for beginners and also provides advanced features to teams. You will get a complete design control over everything.
Adobe Dreamweaver, Mobirise, Webflow, Wix, and Weekly are our top recommended solutions as a Web Design Software. GIMP is a free and open-source Web Design tool. Adobe Dreamweaver, Constant Contact, and WordPress offer cost-effective pricing plans when compared to the other tools.
Mobirise and Sketch are expensive software. Few Web Design tools offer a free plan but with limitations. There might be a limitation like you can use the tool for free for designing the website, but you will have to pay charges for hosting.
We hope this tutorial helped you with the selection of the right Web Design Software.
- Time Taken To Research And Write This Article: 26 Hrs
- Total Tools Researched Online: 18
- Top Tools Shortlisted For Review: 13