Read this Insightful Analysis Of Latest UI/UX Design Trends for 2023 and beyond with Features and Example Images to keep you updated on UI UX Designs:
A UX designer decides on how the user interface works and a UI designer decides on the look and feel for any application. However, both the design teams tend to work together, collaboratively and harmoniously.
The design trends often get shaped by the advancement in technology, every year. The designers need to be on their toes, learning and improving on the latest trends.
What You Will Learn:
- UI/UX Design Trends
- List of Latest UI UX Design Trends
UI/UX Design Trends
As found in a survey, out of all factors that affect the user’s first impression of your product, 94% of them are related to design. The importance of the first impression lies in the fact that unimpressed users often get linked to unforgiveness.
Crafting good design is enabled by gathering information as much as possible. The UI/UX design must get perfectly aligned with already existing user requirements, followed by a flawless implementation. This yields an astounding user interface or user experience.
In this tutorial, we will provide insights on some of the latest UI/UX design trends, for the year 2023 and beyond.
List of Latest UI UX Design Trends
Here are some of the design trends:
- Minimalism and Buttonless
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Voice UI and AI technology
- Bright UI
- Animated Illustrations
- Asymmetrical Layout
- 3D Graphics
Let us review the above-listed design trends in detail.
#1) Minimalism And Buttonless
Minimalism, as it appears in visual design by the new and old artists has its origin in the use of geometric abstractions in both painting and sculpture.
Minimalism is a user-friendly trend in UI design. It enables the users with a journey that is intuitive and purposeful with the core elements of the interface. It is linked with a buttonless tendency, that of simplified design.
Moreover, sophistication and uncluttered design are the salient factors, while considering the minimalist interfaces. It helps to bring aesthetic satisfaction as one of the core factors that eventually creates a desirable UI.
Minimalism by the UI designers include some of the following features:
- A large amount of spare space
- Simplicity and clarity
- Expensive visual hierarchy
- Typography as one of the significant design elements
- Attention to proportions and compositions
- Functionality for every element
- Eliminating non-functional decorative elements
- Enhanced attention ratio to core details
Here is a UI design that portrays minimalistic design with enhanced user concentration:
Illustrations, when used in user interfaces, act as functional elements rather than decoration. It enables the users to make the messages and do interactions in an easier, clearer, and stylish way as well.
Custom Illustrations help to establish artistic harmony and adding creativity to the interfaces. This enables the interfaces to stand out among the competitors.
Some trends for using illustrations in UI images are as follows:
- Use Illustrations as hero images for their landing pages, reviews, and others. The designer fine-tunes the artwork and thus balances them with business goals.
- Create visual triggers for conveying the right message.
- Ignite emotions with everything associated with illustrations such as facial expression, dynamics of curves, lines, shapes, and colors.
- Build brand awareness and recognizability with informative illustrations designed as per the expectations of the target audience.
Here is an image that uses hero images in Illustrations.
#3) Augmented Reality (AR)
Designers have started using AR in UI design for quite some time now, and it is a trend that is expected to stay for years to come. The AR-driven features will make the understanding of design easy, accurate, and better.
Moreover, AR technologies enable the end-users to get real-time feedback on the apps. While considering the UI design with AR, the most important factor is the study of the user behavior of the likes of age-group, time-spent, and expectations.
Let us highlight the trends on AR used in UI:
- Use real-time face filters as used in Snapchat for a perfect example of AR in UI design.
- Create an AR avatar that looks like you.
- Create real-time animations as the user interacts with the mobile app.
Here is an image of using AR for UI design:
#4) Virtual Reality (VR)
Virtual Reality (VR) is getting used by the modern age user experience designers, like never before. The designers not only consider the basic principles of photography, sketching, and motion design but also considers other parameters such as depth, curved design, interactions, sound design, and environment.
Here are some of the considerations made by the designers:
- Make a 360-degree field of vision.
- Use a curved design that makes it easier for the user to read the text or images.
- Avoid transferring 2D elements to 3D elements as that ruins the immersive experience from VR.
- Display at the same depth all the UI elements, experiences, menu, text, and any other extra information about the objects.
- Need affordances in VR to display when the element is interactive and when the interactions occur.
Recommended reading =>> Top Virtual Reality Companies Review
Here is an image on curved UI:
#5) Voice UI And AI technology
Living in this age of Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri, where the voice is used. It will get used in 50 % of searches by 2020. The voice user interfaces elegantly provide missing information about what and how they can do. It allows the user to interact with a system through voice or speech commands.
Here are some of the ways to create user experiences with voice interactions:
- Understand the natural communication of people with their voices.
- Apply different design guidelines for voice interfaces.
- Provide some visual feedback to let the user know that the user is listening.
- Provide users with options, unlike the graphical user interfaces.
- Guide the users on the functionalities used.
Here is an image of a Voice User Interface:
#6) Bright UI
Effectively applying colors is one of the must-have aspects considered by UI designers. Knowledge of color theory technology has increased manifold with flat and material design. The trend is now on using vibrant colors and gradients for the websites as well as business apps.
Here are some of the benefits of using bright UI:
- Increase readability and legibility with vibrant colors for enough contrast. However, a higher level of contrast does not always work well. The designer uses high contrasting colors only for highlighting elements.
- Visual hierarchy is much needed for clear navigation and an intuitive interactive system. Designers use bright colors that are easily noticeable for highlighting and contrasting.
- Apply one color to several elements for showing these are connected.
- Designers create consistency of visual solutions by applying similar colors in logos and websites or mobile apps. This creates increased brand awareness.
- Catch user’s attention with trendy colors despite high competition.
Here is an image on bright UI:
#7) Animated Illustrations
These are the digital illustrations that appear on websites, mobile screens, landing pages as well as images. It provides a human touch and natural feel to the overall UX design of the various products.
Some of the benefits of animated illustrations are:
- Offer an effective way to narrate the story on brand, services, or products.
- Help to grab user attention and that increases by applying motion to the illustrations.
- Increase user engagement with the product by using the motion.
Here is an image on using animated illustrations for UI design:
Neomorphism may become one of the biggest design trends in 2023. Neomorphism is the new name coined for neo + skeuomorphism. It offers the illusion of extruded shapes with internal or outer shadows and matches the real-life objects.
- Migrate lifeless representation to realism and offers a new feel that stands out among the competition.
- Use Neomorphic card as a raised shape which is made from a similar material as that of the background.
- Represent a detailed and precise design style with highlights, glow, and shadows.
Here is an image that displays Neomorphism used in UI design:
#9) Asymmetrical Layout
Pushing the boundaries of traditional web design successfully with Asymmetrical layouts is one of the latest trends for designers. It challenges the fundamental elements of a user interface design that of the grid system.
The Asymmetrical Layout takes into consideration the following:
- Experiment with more dynamic, experimental compositions.
- Provide character and personality to the design.
- Design as per the user needs.
- Use typography, layering imagery, and other design elements for creative design and add dimension and character to the UI design layout.
- Use white spaces of the surface area of the design.
Here is an image of an interface with the asymmetrical layout:
Storytelling is yet another trend in UI design that creates positive emotions and relations and is also built between the brand and its user. Stories help to transfer data in a creative and informative way to the user.
Storytelling helps the UI design in:
- Entice the user and enable an easier user journey and consequently persuade the user.
- Create designs for effective customer touchpoints, which allows them to come back again and again.
- Make use of a plot and conflict for narrating a more gripping story of your brand.
Here is a design that uses storytelling:
#11) 3D Graphics
The future of user interfaces lies in the use of 3D graphics and interfaces. 3D graphics become an irresistible option for the users by using the underlying principles of photorealism. It helps in increasing user engagement.
3D Graphics considers the following:
- Use amazing 3D graphics for mobile and user interfaces.
- View a 360-degree presentation for improved UX design.
- Balance readability and effective user navigation by using background elements that come with seamless 3D movement.
Here is an image of a user interface with 3D Graphics:
Many of the UI/UX design trends that are listed in this tutorial are not only meant for 2023 but will stay for the coming decade or so. These are the UI/UX design trends that satisfy the aesthetics of user requirements.
The primary benefits offered by them are those of the accessibility and usability of the UI UX design interfaces. They provide higher user engagement along with enriched user experience.