Most Commonly Used Line Graph Maker in 2021:
What is a Line Graph?
A line graph is a graphical representation of data to display the value of something over time. It contains X-axis and Y-axis, where both the X and Y axis are labeled according to the data types which they are representing.
A line graph is created by connecting the plotted data points with a line. It is also known as a line chart. Line graphs are used for several purposes like marketing, finance, weather monitoring, research etc.
The below image will show you an Example of a line graph.
Introduction to Line Graph:
There are eight types of line graphs, i.e. linear, power, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential, sinusoidal, and logarithmic.
Line graph makers include the features of colors, fonts, and labels. The line graph makers will allow from 15 to 40 units on the X-axis and 15 to 50 units on the Y-axis for data. It also allows maximum possible lines/items for the graphs.
Some tools are completely free to use with a good number of features. Whereas many tools support importing the data from excel, Google drive or other sources, for graph creation.
Tip: While selecting a line graph maker, you should consider the export options (For graphs), import options (For data), price, number of lines/items supported, and other features like a tooltip, colors, fonts etc. You must also consider the other graph types that can be created using the same tool.
=> Contact us to suggest a listing here.
What You Will Learn:
List of the Most Popular Line Graph Maker
Enlisted below are the most commonly used online free tools to make straight line and grid line Line Graphs. You can also find easy to use line graph templates under these tools. Some of these tools can be downloaded for offline use.
Comparison of the Best Line Graph Generator
|Line Graph Maker||Our Ratings||Features||Maximum Number of lines.||Download & share options||Export format||Price|
|Rapid Table||5||Tooltip, Curved lines||6||Download, Copy, & Print||PNG||Free|
|NCES||4.5||Graph size & no. of lines to display can be selected.||4||Download||PNG & JPEG.||Free|
|Meta-chart||5||Tooltip, Legends, & Background colors||20||Save, share, & download||SVG, PNG, JPEG, & PDF.||Free|
|Visme||4.7||20+ Graph types, Reports, Presentations, and Animated graphs & charts etc.||--||PDF, Images, HTML etc.||PDF & Images format.||Plans for Individuals, Businesses, and Education.|
|Online chart tool||5||Many graph types. Designing options.Labels and font options.Preview facility.||10||Download & save options available. Share via email.||SVG, PNG, JPG, PDF, CSV.||Free.|
#1) Rapid Tables
Using Rapid Tables, you can create line graphs with a maximum of six lines. It will allow you to save the graph as a PNG image. The website also provides with the print option for the created graph.
- You can name the horizontal and vertical axis.
- On the horizontal axis, it will allow you to add data labels, data values, or data range.
- It will allow you to add 6 lines.
- A curved line can also be added.
Website: Rapid Tables
#2) NCES Kids Zone
NCES provides an online tool to create the line graph.
It is useful for creating simple as well as complex graphs. You can select the size of the graph as small, medium, large and extra-large. The created graph can be exported as a PNG or JPEG image.
- It will allow you to select the point shape and color.
- You can select the size of the point shape.
- You can add a title to the Graph, X-axis, and Y-axis.
- It will also allow you to select the line color.
- You can add up to 15 values on the X-axis and Y-axis.
Website: NCES Kids Zone
Meta-chart will allow you to create the Line chart for free.
By just entering the design specifications, data, and labels, you will get the chart in the Display tab. You can create a free account so that your graphs will be saved and can be edited anytime. Created graphs can be exported in SVG, JPEG, PNG, and PDF formats.
The tool will also allow you to share the created graphs.
- You can select a background color and a border color if required.
- It will allow you to select the Legend position.
- It will allow you to select the color and font size for the tooltip.
Visme is the tool for creating Presentations, Infographics, Charts, and Reports.
You can create animated charts and graphs using this tool. It will allow you to create graphs by importing your data in XLSX and CSV format or by uploading the live data from Google Sheets.
- Hundreds of templates are provided.
- More than 20 types of charts can be created.
- Integration with Google Sheets.
- You can share, embed, and download the created graphs.
Price: Visme provides three plans i.e. for individuals, businesses, and education.
- Plans for Individuals – Basic (Free), Standard ($14 per month), and Complete ($25 per month).
- Plans for Businesses – Complete ($25 per month), Team ($75 per month), and Enterprise (Contact the company).
- Plans for Education – Student ($30 per semester), Educator ($60 per semester) and School (Contact the Company).
#5) Online Chart Tool
Online chart tool will allow you to create different types of graphs.
For Line graphs, you can create the graph out of three types i.e. Line, Spline, and Step. The tool provides a good number of options to download the chart. It will also allow you to share it through email.
- To design the line graph, this tool provides many styles and appearance factors.
- While adding data, the tool will allow you to add up to 10 groups (Lines) and 100 items.
- You can download the graph as an image, CSV, PDF, SVG, and in high resolution.
- The tool will allow you to save the graph so that you will be able to edit it later.
- You can share the graph through email.
Website: Online Chart Tool
ChartGo is a free tool for creating graphs online.
It is useful for creating finance and stock charts. Many chart settings are available with ChartGo like 3D lines, thick lines, curved lines, transparent, shadow etc. It is useful for teachers and students as well.
- It will allow you to upload data from Excel and CSV files.
- It allows you to create a line graph with curved lines or trend lines.
- You can download the created graph as an image, PDF, or SVG.
- You can preview the printable version of the graph.
Canva is an online tool for graphic designing.
It provides many designs and templates for the graphs and charts. The tool will allow you to choose the colors and fonts for the graphs so that it will match your brand.
- You can collaborate with your team for designing the graph.
- It will allow you to customize the line colors and label fonts.
- It provides features for easily identifying the items on the graph and update them in the table.
#8) Plotly Chart Studio
Plotly Chart Studio provides the solution for creating the graphs online.
The graph can be created by importing the data from Excel, CSV, and SQL. It helps in creating many types of graphs and charts like bar charts, box plots, line graphs, dot plots, scatter plots etc.
- Themes are provided. You can use the existing one or can create a new one.
- You can save and share the created graph.
- The tool will also allow you to export the graph as an image or HTML.
Price: The price for chart studio enterprise starts at $9960 per year for 5 developers.
For personal use, it is available for $420 per user per year. For professional use, it is available for $840 per user per year. For students, it is available for $99.
Website: Plotly Chart Studio
Vizzlo provides a solution for creating high-quality charts, infographics, and business visualizations. It can be integrated with PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- It provides more than 100 chart types.
- You can customize grid lines, colors, and fonts.
- You will be able to adjust axes and ranges.
- You can create graphs with straight line segments, smoothly interpolated curves or steps.
- You can label individual values and closing or end values.
Price: Vizzlo has four pricing plans i.e. A Free plan for 14 days, Premium ($11 per month), Business ($15 per user per month), and Enterprise (Coming soon).
Displayr will help you in dashboard designing with templates and visualizations. It will allow you to import the data format from many sources like Google drive, Box etc. It also provides the features for publishing the creations.
- You can export the created graph as an image or PDF file.
- It will allow you to customize colors, fonts, backgrounds, and sizes.
Price: Displayr provides three pricing plans.
The public plan is free for use.
Professional plan is available at $2399 per year and a free trial is available for this plan. The last one is Displayr Enterprise plan and You will have to contact the company to know more about this plan.
Venngage provides a free chart maker, Beam etc.
With the help of Beam, you can create pie charts, bar charts, and line charts. It provides different color themes for data-rich visualizations. It can be used by anyone from students & educators to non-profit organizations & businesses.
- You can save your graph as an image or can directly embed it on the blog.
- Graphs can be shared on social media.
- Mobile-friendly application.
Price: Beam is free to use for anyone. Venngage has two pricing plans i.e. Business and Premium. The Business plan is for organizations & businesses and is available at $49 per month.
The Premium plan is for individuals and is available for $19 per month. Billing options are available to pay monthly, quarterly, or yearly.
Note: The above mentioned prices are for the monthly billing option.
Plotvar provides a simple solution for creating line graphs. It can also be used for creating Pie charts, Bar graphs, and Live graphs.
- You can create a graph in just two simple steps, i.e. fill in the details and click the ‘Create’ button.
- You will have to fill only one mandatory field to create the graph.
- Simple and easy to use as there are no additional fields for color codes and fonts.
Price: It is free for non-commercial uses.
To conclude this article on Line Graph Maker, we can say that Rapid Tables, NCES, Meta-Chart, Online chart Tool, ChartGo, Canva, and Venngage are free for use.
Plotvar is free for non-commercial use. Visme, Plotly Chart Studio, Vizzlo, and Displayr are the commercial tools, however, they also either have a free plan or a free trial.
Meta-chart provides you multiple options to export the chart. Online chart tool and Visme support many chart types. Rapid tables provide the features of a tooltip, curved lines for the graphs, and print option for the created graph.
Hope you enjoyed this informative article on Line Graph Maker!!