Are you looking for options to work from home? Here you can find the best ways through which you can earn some good money while staying at your home!
Unemployment has hit almost every part of the world, due to the lockdowns and curfews being imposed worldwide, because of the pandemic. The situation has got better, but the after-effects can still be seen.
Many flourishing businesses had to shut down operations, or cut down the number of employees or their wages, due to the prevailing conditions.
The need for the digital transformation of the economy has now been realized. Plus, people are now searching for ways through which they can work from their homes.
There are some websites that offer freelance work to people so that they can earn a good income for their living, even if they stay in their homes.
What You Will Learn:
- Review of the Most Popular Freelance Website
- FAQs About Freelance Sites
- List of the Best Freelance Websites
Review of the Most Popular Freelance Website
You can find online freelancing work for several skills including financial management, marketing, web design, writing, research, project management, logo designing, and much more.
In this article, we will put forward a list of the top best Freelance websites that allow people from all over the world to look for suitable jobs based on their skills. Such websites play an important role in searching for good talents for a business.
Market Trends: As per a report by Flexiple, by 2027, freelancers will become the largest section of the U.S. workforce, and will contribute more than $1.4 trillion to the U.S. economy.
FAQs About Freelance Sites
Q #1) Which skill is best for freelancing?
Answer: You can easily get freelancing work for skills like Graphic Designing, Content Writing, Designing (Logos, Websites, etc.), Programming, and more.
There are several websites that allow you to find work, based on a number of skills. For example, PeoplePerHour lets you find work for as many as 8,766 skills!
Q #2) Does freelancing pay well?
Answer: Yes, skilled and talented freelancers earn a good income. With the digitization of many parts of businesses, the scope for freelancing has increased. You can find thousands of jobs to work as a freelancer, based on your skills.
Q #3) Can I do freelancing on mobile?
Answer: Most of the freelancing websites can be browsed through a mobile, plus, they also offer mobile applications for easy access to their features.
But, if you are a Graphic Designer or a Programmer, or something that requires a desktop, then you cannot fulfill your commitments with the help of your mobile.
Q #4) Which is the best freelance website?
Answer: Upwork, Toptal, Fiverr, Guru, PeoplePerHour, 24Task, We Work Remotely and Freelancer.com are some of the best Freelance websites. You can find thousands of jobs through these sites, based on your skills.
Q #5) Is Upwork free?
Answer: Joining Upwork is free. But you have to pay as you earn. Upwork charges you a percentage commission based on your earnings.
The fees you have to pay to Upwork are as follows:
- 20% of the first $500 invoice you make
- 10% of the invoices made between $500.01 and $10,000
- 5% of the total invoices are above $10,000.
List of the Best Freelance Websites
Useful and best freelance platforms list:
- We Work Remotely
Comparison of Top Freelancer Website
|Tool Name||Best for||Pricing||Top freelancing job categories||Ratings|
|Upwork||Easy to use, highly useful, wide platform for finding work and talents||20% of the first $500 bill|
10% of the total bills from $500.01 to $10,000
5% of the total bills above $10,000
|Development & IT, Designing & Creative skills, Writing & Translation, Sales & Marketing, etc.||5/5 stars|
|Toptal||Offers testing tools for the freelancers, so that they can show their exceptional talents.||Contact directly for pricing.||Freelance Software Developers, Designers, Financial Experts, Project Managers, etc.||5/5 stars|
|Fiverr||Affordable pricing||$2 fixed price for gigs upto $40 and 5% fee for gigs above $40.||Logo Designing, WordPress Customization, Voice-over, Video & Animation, etc.||4.8/5 stars|
|Guru||Cost efficient job hiring and finding.||Starts at $11.95 per month.||Programming & Development, Design & Art, Writing & Translation, Sales & Marketing, etc.||4.6/5 stars|
|Designhill||Creative content designers.||Starts at $249||Logo Designing, Web Designing, T-shirts designing, etc.||4.6/5 stars|
Best for being an easy-to-use, highly useful, wide platform for finding work and talents.
Upwork is a beneficial platform for those who are searching for freelance work as well as for those who are searching for workers.
A job seeker can search for suitable job postings, or can simply create his free profile and get suggestions based on his skills. Companies like Microsoft, Airbnb, and GoDaddy have opted for Upwork, to get good talent for their business tasks.
- Create your profile for free if you wish to find work.
- Get paid through secure payment methods.
- 24/7 customer service that helps in resolving any disputes.
- A mobile application that gives you access to all the features.
Verdict: Trusted by some big names like Microsoft and GoDaddy, Upwork is one of the largest websites that allows you to find work, real quick. With Upwork, you can find work, get rated by employers, or find suitable talents for your business easily.
Fees: Upwork charges a percentage commission, based on your earnings. The fees you have to pay to Upwork is:
- 20% of the first $500 invoice you make.
- 10% of the invoices, between $500.01 and $10,000.
- 5% of the total invoices, above $10,000.
Further Reading => List of the Best Investment Apps for Beginners
Best for offering testing tools for freelancers, so that they can show their exceptional talents.
With Toptal, you can find work as a freelancer, or look for the best available talents. Leading companies, including Bridgestone and Shopify, rely on Toptal to find talent for their business requirements.
Project Consultants, digital product managers, and technical product managers are here to help you with your business hiring.
- Tools that allow businesses to hire within 48 hours and for freelancers to apply for recently posted jobs.
- Rigorous testing and vetting of each applicant.
- Industry experts to understand your requirements and help you find the best talent.
- Project consultants to help you with your urgent business needs.
Verdict: Toptal is a well-known global name that is trusted by leading businesses. Skill testing and vetting of freelancers by the freelancing company makes it a highly preferred one for the recruiters. The platform is highly useful and recommended.
Fees: Contact directly for pricing.
Best for cheap pricing.
Fiverr is a cheap freelance service provider.
With Fiverr, you can get a freelancing job for skills like Graphics Design, Digital Marketing, Writing & Translation, Video & Animation, Programming, and much more.
- Payments are released once the work is approved. So the freelancers can trust the company for fast and secure payments.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Tools to help businesses find suitable freelancers in minutes.
- Project-based pricing instead of hourly rates.
Verdict: Fiverr is a famous website that allows people to find work easily. Facebook, P&G, Google, and Netflix are some of its users. A customer success manager picks the perfect talent for you, as per your business needs. The company allows freelancers to look for jobs for a wide range of skills.
Fees: The prices by Fiverr are defined in terms of gigs. You have to pay $2 for a gig up to $40, and 5% if the gig is over $40. For sellers, the commission fee is 20% of the gig price.
Best for cost-efficient job hiring and finding.
Guru is known to be highly cost-efficient. The platform aims to bring the global workforce and employers together. Guru is a flexible and safe platform for freelancers as well as businesses who want to get their tasks done on time.
- Allows you to get paid in multiple ways.
- Get paid on the completion of a milestone, get paid hourly, task-based, or get recurring payments.
- Find work for skills like Programming & Development, Design & Art, Writing and Translation, Sales and Marketing, and more.
- 24/7 customer support.
Verdict: Having a 99% customer satisfaction rate and over 3 Million customers and being easy to use, Guru is a highly recommended freelance website. You can opt for Guru if you want great flexibility, credibility, support, security, and value.
Fees for employers are:
- 2.9% of the invoice amount, to be paid for each invoice you pay.
Membership plans for the freelancers are as follows:
- Basic: Free
- Basic+: $11.95 per month
- Professional: $21.95 per month
- Business: $33.95 per month
- Executive: $49.95 per month
Suggested Reading => Explore the Top Website Testing Jobs
Best for creative content designers.
As the name suggests, Designhill is a great platform for designers like employers from around the world who want their products designed, take help from Designhill, to look for potential talents. You can get a brochure, business card, package, and label designs at Designhill.
- A community of 152,334 designers from around the world.
- You can find beginner and skilled artists on Designhill.
- An opportunity to learn and earn for everyone.
- Compatible with mobiles, tablets, and laptops.
Verdict: Trusted by more than 100,000 businesses, including the BBC and Microsoft, Designhill helps freelancers get hired by top businesses from all over the world.
Price plans are as follows:
- Fast Track: Starts at $249
- Standard: Starts at $399
- Executive: Starts at $699
- Premium: Starts at $999
Best for letting you find good-paying jobs for your unique talents.
Freelancer.com is a global platform that connects freelancers from more than 240 countries. You can find a job as a freelancer or hire a freelancer, easily, with the help of Freelancer.com.
- The milestone payment system allows you to get paid securely when you get the job done and 100% approved.
- Get freelancing jobs with over 1800 skills.
- A team of recruiters that assist recruiters in finding the best talent makes it preferred by the recruiters.
- Mobile applications for Android as well as iOS users.
Verdict: The prices charged for the services are higher than the alternatives. Posting for a job is easy and can be done free of cost. Many of the trusted names, like Facebook and Amazon, put their trust in Freelancer.com. Freelancers can look for jobs for as many as 1800 skills, with the help of Freelancer.com.
Fees for employers are as follows:
- 3% or $3 (whichever is more) – for the fixed price projects
- 3% fee is levied on each payment, for hourly projects.
Fees for the freelancers are as follows:
- 10% or $5 (whichever is more) – for the fixed price projects
- 10% for hourly projects.
Best for low fees and fast payouts.
goLance is an award-winning website for freelancers. The website reportedly works great when you want to hire freelancers quickly, build a team of freelancers, and more.
The cognitive, integrity, and creativity testing tools for freelancers allow them to show their talents and thus get picked up by employers quickly.
- The Single Sign-On feature allows you to manage all of your projects, payments, and tasks in a single place.
- Easy to use.
- Freelancing jobs for Developers, Creative Designers, Sales & Marketing, Writers, IT & Administrators, and more.
- Get mobile applications for iOS as well as Android devices.
- Cashback features.
- No service fee.
Verdict: goLance is a community of 648,321 freelancers, which is proof that it is a useful and trusted platform for freelancers and employers. goLance allows freelancers to get hired by employers from all over the world and get paid securely.
Fees: 7.95% commission fee for freelancers.
Best for allowing freelancers to look for jobs for 8,766 skills.
PeoplePerHour was founded in 2007, with the goal of connecting clients to expert freelancers. This global platform allows recruiters to find freelancers for about 8,766 skills, within minutes. Thereby being a highly useful platform for freelancers.
- 24/7 customer services.
- Anti-fraud protection tools.
- Tools to help you get hired by global employers within minutes.
- Connects over 3 million freelancers, covering over 8500 skills.
Verdict: More than 1 million businesses from all over the globe rely on PeoplePerHour for their hiring needs. They claim that freelancers have earned a total of about $150 Million using PeoplePerHour. The platform is highly useful and recommended for freelancers.
- 20% commission fee for projects less than $350.
- 7.5% commission fee for projects ranging from $350 to $6500.
- 3.5% commission fee for projects above $6500.
Recommended Reading => Most Popular Time Tracking Apps for Freelancers
Best for offering nice tools for freelancers, including skills testing, jobs in many categories, etc.
FlexJobs is a 15-year-old freelance website with some nice tools for freelancers. They let you find jobs, full-time as well as part-time, in more than 50 categories.
You get email notifications about job postings in more than 50 categories, get tested based on your skills, and much more.
- Find full and part-time jobs.
- Jobs in more than 50 categories.
- Mobile application for iOS devices.
- Free skills testing tools for freelancers.
- Get email alerts when a job is posted.
- Upload resumes and work samples to make your profile more impressive.
Verdict: The skills testing feature offered by FlexJobs is a plus point. This way the skilled and talented professionals can get the opportunity to get highlighted and noted by employers.
- 1 Week: $9.95
- 1 month: $24.95
- 3 months: $39.95
- 1 year: $59.95
Best for WordPress developers.
Codeable is a highly beneficial freelance website for WordPress developers. Whether you need to get a short-term, recurring, or full-time WordPress freelancing job, you can get hired by the best global businesses through Codeable.
- Helps freelancers get well-paying jobs by customizing the site look, site functionality, fixing bugs, and more.
- Fast customer service.
- Connects experts from more than 60 countries.
- Skill testing tools for WordPress freelancers.
Verdict: Codeable is one of the best freelance platforms, which claims to help deliver over 2000 projects per month.
The vetting and hiring process for WordPress experts is praiseworthy. They ensure that the employers get the best talent from the whole lot. Thus employers trust the platform and freelancers get hired, quickly and easily.
- 17.5% service fee.
- $70 – $120 hourly rate.
Best for being an all-in-one platform.
Craigslist is much more than just a freelance website. Using this platform, you can find jobs, search for housing facilities, get community services, buy or sell products and much more.
- Buy or sell products.
- Search for your desired jobs for a number of remote or local services.
- You can look for houses, offices, etc., for rent or buying.
- Community services for local areas, including posting for lost and found items, posting and searching for classes, and more.
Verdict: Craigslist is a highly recommended platform for everyone, including job seekers, house hunters, and more. The innovative idea behind Craigslist is one of its kind. Mobile applications for iOS as well as Android users let you use the features anytime, from anywhere.
Fees: Prices are given below.
Best for skills upliftment features and environment-friendly operating methods.
Aquent is 35 years old, and one of the top best freelance sites. The platform helps you find jobs in a diversified area of skills, including gaming talents. You can also get training with the help of 400 available courses on the website.
- Get a job in the best companies from all over the world.
- Environment-friendly methods of operation.
- Offers courses for team upliftment.
- Get jobs in skills like marketing, creative tasks, designing, and more.
Verdict: Built on the principle of environmental sustainability, Aquent is one of the top best freelance websites. The skill development and training courses available on the platform are a plus point.
Fees: Contact directly for pricing.
Best for project-based pricing.
24Task is a trusted marketplace for freelancers and employers. Whether you are a writer, a developer, a lawyer, a finance expert, marketing strategist, etc., you can search for a freelancing job at 24Task.
- Freelancing jobs for data scientists, designers, engineers, mobile developers, lawyers, writers, and more.
- Project-based pricing plans.
- Payments are released once the work is approved.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Mobile applications for iOS and Android users.
Verdict: 24Task is one of the top freelance websites out there. They let you search for a job or find a perfect fit for a number of skills. They provide top-quality service with project-based pricing, protected payment methods, and 24/7 customer support.
Fees: There are different pricing slabs for each job. For example, prices for Logo Designing start at $15, etc.
#14) We Work Remotely
Best for offering remote work for a large number of skills.
Founded in 2013, We Work Remotely is the largest platform for remote job seekers. You can get priority support if and when you need it. Freelancers can get instant access to recently posted jobs and thus get hired quickly.
- Get access to a number of recently posted jobs.
- Jobs for categories including Programming, Design, DevOps, Sysadmin, Management, Finance, and much more.
- Priority customer support on request.
- Employers get more discounts on fees as they post a larger number of jobs.
Verdict: We Work Remotely is one of the best and largest freelance websites. They claim to fill about 90% of posted positions on average. The idea of providing remote jobs in a number of fields makes We Work remotely a highly preferred platform.
Fees: Contact directly for pricing.
Website: We Work Remotely
Best for easy job application.
SimplyHired is a highly useful platform, which offers some nice features like searching for local and national salary information, getting access to sample resumes and interview questions, getting access to millions of posted jobs, and much more.
- Just upload your resume and start applying for jobs posted on SimplyHired.
- You can get information about local and national salaries from SimplyHired.
- Get sample resumes, sample interview questions, career advice, and much more from a single platform.
- Mobile applications for iOS as well as Android users.
Verdict: Being trusted by more than 3 million employers in itself is proof of the usefulness of SimplyHired. It is one of the top freelance websites out there that offers simple tools for job posting and application.
Fees: Contact directly for prices.
Other Best Freelance Platforms
Best for connecting tools.
LinkedIn is a very popular platform that lets you make your profile, make contacts, and connect with your contacts through chat or audio/video calling. Recruiters use the platform to search for talents to hire.
- $29.99 to $59.99 per month for those who want to find a job.
- $79.99 per month for the professionals in Sales.
- $119.95 per month for the recruiters.
Best for designers.
As the name suggests, 99designs is basically a platform for those who look for jobs in the design field. For example, logo designers, website designing experts, and more.
The freelancer website is highly rated and recommended by its users.
Fees: You have to pick one of the following price plans if you want to get designs for your business:
- Bronze: $299
- Silver: $499
- Gold: $899
- Platinum: $1,299
Best for creative-minded people looking forward to earning money through their skills.
Behance is a global platform for those who want to earn through their creative skills, learn from others, and look for creative solutions for their businesses.
The platform is full of creative pieces, in the form of 3D Art, Architecture, Fashion, Product Designing, Graphic Designing, Craft, Sound, and more.
- Startup Plan: $69 per month
- Pro-Agent: $10 per agent
- Pro-Task: $0.01 per task
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Best for designers.
Dribbble is a recommended platform for freelancers searching for work in the field of design. Founded in 2009, Dribbble today helps creative artists grow and get jobs.
Fees: Price plans offered by Dribbble are as follows:
- Dribbble Pro: $3 per month
- Pro Business: $15 per month
Whoever came up to create a website that can allow people to find jobs from their homes and work at flexible hours was a true genius!
You just need to have talent! You can earn money with the help of it. Whether you are a designer, developer, lawyer, writer, programmer, financial expert, marketing strategist, etc., you can find tens of hundreds of jobs posted daily through these websites.
Some websites offer skill-testing tools so that employers can easily figure out which candidate can outperform the others. You can also access training programs for the upliftment of your teams.
Most of these freelance websites offer mobile applications, through which you can access all of their features easily.
- Time Taken to Research this Article: We spent 12 hours researching and writing this article so you can get a useful summarized list of tools with a comparison of each for your quick review.
- Total Freelance Websites Researched Online: 25
- Top Freelance Websites Shortlisted for Review: 19