In this tutorial, you will learn how you can test the performance of your database using JMeter. You can probably check for any database you have in your project. MySQL is used in this tutorial.
Below are the topics which you will learn in this section:
- Pre-Requisites for the database connection.
- Setting up JDBC Connection Configuration
The steps to be followed are written below:
- Setup Database in your system (MySQL) — DONE
- Download MySQL connector jar file and paste it in JMeter lib folder. Restart Jmeter — DONE
- Setting up parameters in ” JDBC Connection Configuration”
- Add JDBC Sampler and run the query.
Connection String and Database URL is different for each database and there is no need to remember the string as they are available on technical forums.
Any type of requests such as SELECT, UPDATE, COMMIT etc. can be selected and tested. Depending on the project and the requirements, you can choose the number of connections allowed, connection time out and other parameters.