Here we will explain the five easy ways to Convert PDF To Kindle. Learn how to upload and add PDF to Kindle:
Kindle, or Kindle app, they both not only support ebooks but also PDFs. However, reading a PDF on Kindle or even your smartphone can strain your eyes because they are formatted for large screens.
You can send the PDF file to your Kindle email address and then when you open it on your kindle, it will be readable but still inconvenient because of its size and formatting.
In this article, we are going to tell you a few ways to convert PDF books to Kindle to make reading easy.
What You Will Learn:
Convert PDF To Kindle
Let us begin!!
How To Upload PDF File To Kindle
This is a two-step process. Locate the email address and then send the PDF to the Kindle.
Finding Email Address
There is a unique email address for every Kindle device that Amazon assigns to them. Find your unique email address.
#1) On Amazon Website:
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Go to Accounts.
- Click on Manage content and devices.
- Go to the Preferences tab.
- You will find your Kindle email address under Personal Document Settings.
- If you have multiple Kindle devices, you will have a unique email address for each one.
- Under the approved email addresses, you will see the email addresses you have approved for sending emails to your Kindle devices. Click on Add a new approved email address option.
- Enter the new address you want to send the PDF from, in the pop-up window.
- Click on Add Address.
#2) On Kindle Mobile App
- Go to the Kindle mobile app.
- Click on the More tab.
- Go to Settings.
- You will find the email address under the Send to Kindle Email Address option.
#3) On Kindle Paperwhite
- Tap on the Menu.
- Go to the Device option.
- Tap on Personalize Your Kindle.
- You will find the email address at the bottom.
How To Add PDF To Kindle
There are two ways to add a PDF file to Kindle.
#1) Through Email
- Draft an email with the PDF attached.
- Send the email.
- Kindle support will send you an email to notify you that your Kindle received a request for a document.
- Click on the Link to approve it. the link expires after 48 hours.
- After you have clicked the link, your document will be downloaded on the device you have sent it to.
#2) Through A USB
- Connect your Kindle to your system via USB.
- Go to the PDF file you want to upload.
- Click on Kindle.
- Go to Documents.
- Copy your PDF files to that folder.
- Safely remove your Kindle from the computer.
That’s how to put Pdf on Kindle.
Suggested Reading =>> Review of Wondershare PDFelement
PDF To Kindle Converters
As mentioned previously, reading a PDF directly on Kindle can be annoying. You will have to zoom in and scroll to read it. It can be stressful.
So, to avoid this stress, here are some tools that will help you convert PDF into readable Kindle format:
Zamzar is a free online file converter that supports over 1200 file formats, including documents, images, videos, sounds, etc. It is a secure site that uses 128-bit SSL data encryption. You can convert PDF to MOBI, AZW, RTF, or any ebook file format.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Website.
- Click on Add Files.
- Navigate to the PDF file you want to convert.
- Select the file.
- Click Ok.
- Go to the Convert To option.
- From the drop-down menu, go to eBook formats.
- Select MOBI or epub.
- Click on Convert To.
Calibre is free and powerful software that you can use to manage and convert files to another format. It has a very simple user interface and secure server you can use to share your ebooks with anyone you want to.
- Download and install Calibre.
- Click on the Add Books option.
- Go to the PDF you want to convert and double-click on it to add it to Calibre.
- Select the added book.
- Click on the Convert Books option.
- From the dropdown menu, select Convert Individually.
- On the pop-up window, go to the Output Format, and select the preferred file format.
- Click OK.
#3) Online EBook Converter
Website: Online EBook Converter
Online EBook Converter is a free online PDF to Kindle converter you can use to convert PDF format to Kindle-supported file format. All files you upload here get deleted after 10 downloads or 24 hours, whichever comes first. You can also choose to delete the uploaded file as soon as you are done with it.
- Go to the website.
- Click on Convert to AZW or any EBook file format you want.
- Go to Choose Files.
- Select the PDF file you want to convert.
- Click on Start Conversion.
- When the file is converted, you can upload it to the Cloud, download it in the converted format, or download it as a zip file.
This is a free online tool that you can use to convert PDF and any other file to all Ebook formats. You can convert up to 20 documents at a time.
Here is how you can do it:
- Go to the website.
- Select the format you want to convert it to.
- Click on Upload files.
- Go to the PDF file you want to convert.
- Select the file.
- Click OK.
- Or drag and drop your files to upload.
- After the file is converted, click on the Download.
- If there are multiple files, click on Download All.
PDF Online Convert is a free online tool you can use to convert your PDF into an eBook format. It is extremely easy to use and has a user-friendly interface.
- Go to the website.
- Click on Choose file.
- Go to the PDF you want to convert.
- Click on the file.
- Select OK.
- In the output format section, select the format you want to convert PDF to.
- Click on Convert Now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) Can I read PDF on Kindle Basic?
Answer: Yes, you can read PDF on Kindle Basic. Kindle supports PDF, which means you don’t have to convert the document. However, it might be a little problematic because PDF is formatted for the big screen. So, you will zoom in and scroll a lot more.
Q #2) Can you transfer PDF books to Kindle?
Answer: Every Kindle device has a unique email address. All you have to do is draft an email to that email address with the PDF as the attachment. You will receive an email telling you that your kindle device has an email.
To accept the document, just click on the link. The link expires after 48 hours. Once you click on the link, the PDF will be downloaded on your Kindle device.
Q #3) How do you convert a PDF into a reading mode?
Answer: You can convert the PDF into a more readable ebook format like MOBI, AZW3, EPUB, etc. Use Calibre or online sites like Zamzar to convert PDF to ebook file format. You can easily read your converted PDF easily on Kindle.
Q #4) Does Kindle support color PDF?
Answer: No. One drawback of Kindle is that it doesn’t support colors. You can view your PDF and other ebook files only in black and white.
Q #5) How do I connect my Kindle to my computer?
Answer: You can connect your Kindle to your computer via a USB. Just plug the smaller head of the USB in your Kindle slot and the bigger head in the USB port of your computer. Your Kindle will be connected to your computer in a few seconds.
Although Kindle supports PDF, it is always a hassle to read a PDF file on it. But it doesn’t have to be. There are tools that can convert books in PDF format to Kindle-supported file format.
Further Reading =>> Steps to Convert Kindle to PDF
If you want an app for converting PDF format to Kindle, Calibre is the best thing you will have. However, Zamzar and Online File Converter are your best options. Other pdf to kindle converters are effective as well. You can use whichever you find easier to use.