Here we are providing easy and simple steps to Convert Kindle to PDF:
Kindle is one of the most popular ebook readers today and it uses MOBI and AZW file formats, but these formats are not compatible with most devices. So, if you want to open it on your smartphone or computer, convert it to a compatible format, like PDF.
Converting Kindle books to PDF is not an issue these days. There are many tools you can use to convert Kindle to PDF for free.
In this article, we are going to tell you how to download the Kindle book, transfer it, and simple ways to convert the Kindle book to PDF.
What You Will Learn:
Convert Kindle To PDF
How To Download A Kindle Book
#1) From App
By downloading a purchased or free ebook from Amazon Kindle, you can read them offline as well. Here’s how to download the Kindle book:
- Open your Kindle app.
- Go to Library.
- For desktop, double-click on the book covers to download the book. For the mobile app, tap on the book cover to start the download.
#2) From Website
Even if you have a registered Kindle device, you can download the Kindle book to your computer directly from the Amazon account.
Also read =>> Best websites to download FREE PDF Textbooks
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon Website.
- Click on your name.
- From the dropdown menu, select Account.
- Go to ‘Your devices and content’.
- Click on ‘Manage digital content’.
- From the list of e-books, click on the three dots beside the one you want to download.
- Select ‘Download & transfer via USB’.
- In the pop-up window, select the device you want to download to.
- Click on Download.
Now that you have downloaded the ebook you want to convert to PDF, it’s time to pick a tool.
Suggested Reading =>> Best JPG To PDF Converter Apps
Tools To Convert Kindle Book To PDF
Here are 5 simple Kindle to pdf converters you can use:
Calibre is one of the easiest ways to convert Kindle to PDF that also allows you to read and organize ebooks on various devices. This tool is available for all Operating Systems.
Here’s how to convert Kindle to PDF:
- Download and install Calibre.
- Click on the ‘Add books’ option.
- Go to the Kindle book you want to convert and double-click on it to add it to Calibre.
- Select the added book.
- Click on the Convert Books option.
- From the dropdown menu of ‘Output format’, select PDF.
- Click OK
To see the conversion, you can click on Jobs at the bottom-right corner. When the conversion is complete, right-click on PDF and select Save the PDF format to disk and select the location to save the file.
Online-Convert is a free online site that allows you to convert MOBI or AZW files to PDF.
Follow the steps listed below:
- Go to the website.
- Select ‘Ebook converter’.
- Click on Select Target Format.
- Select Convert to PDF.
- Click on Go.
- Click on Choose Files.
- Navigate to the Kindle book and click on it to upload it.
- Now, go to the Start Conversion option.
When the file is converted, it will automatically download the PDF file to your system.
Zamzar converts images, videos, sounds, and documents. It supports over 1100 file formats. It is easy to use and you don’t need to download it.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the website.
- Click to Add Files.
- Drag and drop the Kindle file you want to convert or add the link.
- Click on the dropdown icon of the Convert To option.
- Select PDF.
- Click on Convert.
- Select Download to save the PDF file to your device.
#4) Kindle Converter
Website: Kindle Converter
Kindle converter is a desktop app for converting Kindle to PDF. It allows you to view Kindle ebooks on your device and also print it without DRM limitations. The converted PDF is of the best quality and there is no loss of quality.
Go to the Download tab on the website and click on Kindle Converter to download the app. In the Demo version, you can only convert 10 Kindle books and then you will have to buy the premium account.
Follow the steps below to convert to PDF:
- Download and Install Kindle Converter.
- Select Add Files or Add Folders or you can drag-drop the file.
- Navigate to the Kindle file you want to convert.
- Select it and click Ok to add it.
- Click on Output Format and select PDF from the drop-down menu.
- Select an Output folder.
- Click on Convert.
The converted file will be saved automatically to your device.
CloudConvert is a free online tool that is used to convert Kindle books to PDF. Apart from Kindle, you can also use it to convert other electronic publications like MOBI, EPUB, AZW, etc to PDF. It’s a light application and quick as well as simple to use. You can convert over one file at a time.
Suggested reading =>> EPUB to PDF Converter Tools
Follow the steps below:
- Go to the website.
- Click on Convert DropDown and select Ebook.
- Pick the appropriate file extension.
- Click on the box beside ‘To’.
- From the dropdown, select Document.
- Click on PDF.
- Click on Select File.
- Find the file you want to convert.
- Select Open.
- Click on Add More files if you want to convert more files.
- Select Convert.
- After the file is converted, click on Download to save it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) Can Kindle books be read as PDF?
Answer: Yes, you can read Kindle books in PDF format. Just download the book from your Kindle account and use the converter tool or website to convert the Kindle book to PDF.
Q #2) How do I extract books from Kindle?
Answer: To extract a book from Kindle, open the app and go to the library. For desktop, double-click on the book covers to download the book, for mobile app, tap on the book cover to start the download.
To download the book from the website, click on your name and go to Account. Select Devices and content and then go to Manage Digital Content. Click on the three dots beside the book you want to download, select download and transfer via USB, select your device and click on Download.
Q #3) How do I convert Kindle books to PDF on Android?
Answer: Download the Kindle book on your Android device that you want to convert. You can use an app like Calibre or websites like Zamzar or CloudConvert to convert your Kindle book to PDF. When the conversion completes, you can download the PDF file to your Android device.
Q #4) Can I read PDFs on Kindle Fire?
Answer: Yes, you can. Amazon Kindle Fire allows you to access many file formats, including PDF, be it in the native format or Kindle format.
Q #5) Can you download Kindle books as PDFs on iPad?
Answer: You can’t download Kindle Books as PDF on iPad, but you can download the Kindle books in ebook formats and convert them to PDF on your device. Download the Kindle book you want to convert and use Calibre or any file conversion website like Zamzar to convert it into PDF.
Further Reading => Websites To Download Free Books
Now, you don’t have to have a Kindle reader to read the Kindle books. You can convert them into PDF or any other readable format and read them across all your devices. You can also share the entire book or just a section with your friends if you want.
Also Read =>> PDF to Word Converter tools
Calibre is the best desktop tool for converting Kindle books to PDF and Zamzar is the easiest website you can use for the same purpose. Once the file is converted, you can download it onto your respective devices.