Review and List of the Top PDF Editors with Features, Comparison, and Pricing. Select the Best PDF Editor From This List Based on Your Requirements:
PDF Editor is the application that provides the features and functionalities such as editing, converting, merging, and splitting PDF documents, to work on PDF documents.
PDF is popular among businesses because of its feature to maintain the same formatting regardless of operating system and hardware. So, businesses often require PDF editing software to create or revise PDF files. The best editor will help the business with editing text, images, and graphics.
Various free PDF Editing Software tools are available in the market. These free PDF editors come with limitations that should also be considered while selecting the tool.
The free PDF editing software will be the best solution if it fits your requirements in terms of features and the limitations on editing the number of pages.
PDFelement has researched and compared the performances of PDF editing tools. In the below image you can see Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, PDFelement, Nuance Power PDF, Nitro are the top-performing PDF editing tools.
Suggested read =>> Error PDF Not Opening In Chrome Browser: [Solved]
Also read =>> How To Merge PDF Files Into A Single Document
What You Will Learn:
- List of PDF Editor Software
List of PDF Editor Software
- Qoppa PDF Studio
- Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Foxit PhantomPDF
- Nuance Power PDF
- Nitro Pro
- Sejda PDF Editor
- iSkysoft PDF Edit
- PDF Expert
Comparison of Best Free PDF Editors
|PDF Editors||Platforms||Output Formats||Conversion Speed||Free Trial||Price|
|EasePDF||Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, & Android.||Word, Excel, PPT, JPG, and HTML.||--||Free Plan available.||Free plan,
|Qoppa PDF Studio||Windows, Mac, Linux.||Text, Images, HTML5/SVG, etc.||--||Available||Standard: $89 for 1 copy
Pro: $129 for 1 copy
|PDFelement||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.||Word Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, PNG, HTML, Text, GIF, TIFF, BMP, RTF, EPUB, HWP, and HWPX.||1 minute for converting 100 pages.||Available||Individuals: Start at $59/year
Team: Start at $109 per user per year.
|Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2||Windows 10, 8, and 7.||PDF, Word, etc.||--||Available||$29.99 for 3 PCs for home use|
|Adobe Acrobat Pro DC||Windows, Mac, iOS, & Android.||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Jpg, PNG, TIFF, RTF.||More than 2 minutes for converting 100 pages.||Available||Acrobat Pro DC: $14.99/month
Acrobat Standard DC: $12.99
Acrobat DC for teams: $16.14/seat/month.
|Foxit PhantomPDF||Windows & Mac.||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Text, Image, HTML.||More than 2 minutes for converting 100 pages.||Free trial for 14 days.||PhantomPDF Business 9: $159 and
PhantomPDF Standard 9: $129
|Nuance Power PDF||Windows||Word Excel, PowerPoint, and Corel WordPerfect,||--||--||Starts at $89.99|
|Nitro Pro||Windows||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, PNG, TIFF, RTF, and Text.||More than 2 minutes for converting 100 pages||Available||Basic: $128/user,
Team: Get a quote,
Enterprise: Get a quote.
Best for the online tools for your PDF files.
EasePDF Pricing: EasePDF offers a free plan. It also offers premium membership plans i.e. Monthly Plan ($4.95 per month), and an Annual Plan ($49.95 per year).
EasePDF is an online platform for converting and editing PDFs. It is an all-in-one solution that has functionalities to edit, compress, split, merge, and rotate a PDF. It provides more than 30 tools. It is a regularly updated platform. The platform is safe to use as it performs the automatic deletion of links and files in 24 hours.
- EasePDF will let you convert word, excel, PPT, jpg, and HTML documents to PDF format.
- Similarly, you can convert PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, JPG, and HTML.
- It provides security to your documents through 256-bit SSL encryption.
- As it is an online tool, can be used on any platform like Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
Suggested reading =>> Apps to convert JPG to PDF for different OS
Verdict: EasePDF is a free online PDF converter. It is easy to use and eliminates the need to download and installation of the software. It provides encryption to your files. This online tool supports universal conversion and will let you convert files anytime, anywhere. It also offers premium membership plans.
#2) Qoppa PDF Studio
Best for being a PDF Editor that can be used across most computing platforms such as Windows, macOS, Linux, and more.
PDF Studio Pricing: $89 One-Time Fee for 2 computers. Volume, Education & Non-Profit Discount available.
An easy-to-use, full-featured PDF editing software that is a reliable alternative to Adobe® Acrobat® and provides all PDF functions needed at a fraction of the cost. PDF Studio maintains full compatibility with the PDF Standard.
- Create, Upload, or Scan to PDF
- Annotate and Markup PDFs
- Convert From Multiple Formats
- Create & Fill Forms
- Merge & Split
- Secure PDFs
- Batch Processing
- OCR (Make PDF Searchable)
Verdict: This powerful PDF editor allows you to easily create, scan or convert documents to PDF as well as markup and edit existing PDFs.
At a fraction of the price as Adobe® Acrobat®, it also comes with very advanced features such as permanent redaction, imposition, file size reduction, preflight and even page resize! This editor can be used on multiple computing platforms such as Windows, macOS, Linux.
Best for offering good features and functionalities to edit PDFs and add forms.
PDFelement Pricing: It has two pricing plans for individuals i.e. PDF element Pro ($79 per year) and PDFelement Standard ($59 per year). For teams, PDFelement Pro is available for $109 per user per year. You can get a quote for PDFelement Business.
Also read =>> How To Edit A PDF File
PDFelement is the easy-to-use tool for creating, editing, converting, and signing PDF documents. It supports Windows and Mac platforms. It is available in three solutions, PDFelement Standard, PDFelement Pro, and PDFelement Business. The mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices.
- PDFelement provides functionalities for converting scanned documents into editable PDFs.
- It has functionalities for creating PDFs, editing text & images in PDFs, securing & signing PDF files, converting PDFs, and filling out PDF forms.
- It can compress and optimize documents.
- It supports Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- It provides features for adding a digital signature.
Verdict: PDFelement can help you with one-on-one technical support. It offers perpetual licensing and hence can be the perfect solution for individuals and enterprises.
#4) Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2
Best for editing, converting, merging, and creating PDFs.
Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2 Pricing: It is available for $29.99. It is a one-time payment. For home use, it can be used on 3 systems but for commercial use, it requires one license per installation. Its free trial is available to download.
Ashampoo PDF Pro 2 is an all-in-one solution for managing and editing PDF documents. It has functionalities to create, edit, protect, convert, and merge the PDF. You can encrypt the document if required.
It has functionalities for splitting up the PDFs into smaller documents and you can give a custom number of pages. It supports Windows 10, 8, and 7 platforms.
- Ashampoo PDF Pro 2 has functionalities for comparing two PDFs side by side.
- Its snapshot function will let you capture the perfect screenshot of PDFs.
- It provides a new & simplified text formatting dialog.
- It contains the auto-repair feature.
- Its toolbar will show the recently used page operations.
Verdict: Ashampoo® PDF Pro 2 will help you to create the right size documents for any device. It provides backward compatibility by supporting PDF 1.4. With its new menu structure, it is easier to use.
#5) Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Best for: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is the overall best solution for creating detailed PDFs and Forms.
Price: Adobe offers a free trial for Acrobat Pro DC. It offers two pricing plans for individuals, Acrobat Standard DC (For Windows only: $12.99 per month) and Acrobat Pro DC: (For Windows & Mac: $14.99 per month). For businesses, there are two plans Acrobat DC for teams ($16.14 per seat per month) and Acrobat DC for enterprise (Get a quote).
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC can be used on any device. It can convert PDFs to MS Office formats. Acrobat Pro DC can edit, create, export, organize and combine files on mobile devices. In a few simple and easy steps, you can share PDFs and gather comments.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC has functionalities for creating and editing PDFs.
- It has features for converting, sharing, and signing PDFs.
- Mobile App has functionalities to annotate, sign, and share PDFs.
Verdict: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will let you digitally track the progress and automatically archive the signed document. As per reviews, it has a complex interface.
Website: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
#6) Foxit PhantomPDF
Best for its capability to edit PDFs everywhere.
Price: Foxit PhantomPDF offers two pricing plans, PhantomPDF Business 9 ($159) and PhantomPDF Standard 9 ($129). A free trial is available for 14 days.
PhantomPDF has powerful editor capabilities. You can change the page layout by rearranging text boxes, resizing textbooks, etc. It will allow you to add stamps, watermarks, headers, footers, bates numbers, etc. You can crop, delete, add, swap, flatten, and rotate PDF pages.
Also read =>> How to delete pages from PDF Documents
- PhantomPDF provides features and functionalities for organizing and manipulating your PDF.
- You can merge PDF documents together or split PDF apart.
- It supports dragging-and-dropping pages within a document or from one document to another.
- You can make use of popular storage sharing products.
Verdict: Foxit PhantomPDF is an RPA-Ready PDF editor. It can be integrated with leading Content Management Systems.
Website: Foxit PhantomPDF
#7) Nuance Power PDF
Best for offering Adobe-like functionalities at an affordable price.
Price: The price of the product starts at $89.99. Its PDF converter starts at $49.99. Nuance Power PDF Standard is available for $129.99.
Nuance Power PDF is user-friendly, budget-friendly software with advanced features. It provides all the tools and functionalities required for businesses. It is designed for making business users more productive.
- Nuance Power PDF provides the features and functionalities to annotate, markup, secure, and compress PDF.
- It also provides the functionalities for document conversion, search, connectivity, etc.
- It will allow you to create PDF files from a scanner in one click.
- It has a drag-and-drop facility to combine files and remove or replace pages.
Verdict: With Nuance Power PDF, you will be able to create PDF files instantly from any PC application that can print.
Website: Nuance Power PDF
#8) Nitro Pro
Best for providing ease of use, fast speed, and high-quality OCR.
Price: Nitro is available in three pricing plans, Basic ($128 per user), Team (Get a quote), and Enterprise (Get a quote).
Nitro provides the platform to edit, convert, create, and design PDF files. You will be able to sign and share documents on the go with the help of Nitro Cloud. Its interface is similar to Microsoft Office so there will short learning curve.
- Nitro has functionalities for creating PDF from any printable format and for converting PDFs to Doc, XLS, and PPT.
- It has features for sharing and eSignature.
- This tool will provide advanced security.
- It provides features for building & filling forms, reviewing & annotating, and organizing pages.
- It provides features for sharing and storing PDF documents.
Verdict: Nitro is designed to help businesses by modernizing the daily document process. It makes 100% digital document workflows. It has a rich feature set and an intuitive interface.
Website: Nitro Pro
#9) Sejda PDF Editor
Best for offering good text editing and PDF creating capabilities for free.
Price: Sejda provides three pricing plans, Web Week Pass ($5 for 7 days), Web Monthly ($7.50 per month), and Desktop+Web Annual ($5.25 per month).
Team plan pricing depends on the team size. As the team size increases, the price will get reduced. Quantity2-4 (Web Monthly Price $6.75/user/month) and (Desktop+Web Annual Price $56.70 per user/year), Quantity 5-24 (Web Monthly Price: $6 per user/month) and (Desktop+Web Annual Price: $50.40), etc.
Sejda offers a free plan of up to 200 pages or 50 MB and 3 tasks per hour.
Sejda is an online PDF editing tool. It has functionalities for editing & signing PDF files, filling PDF forms, editing text, adding text, adding images to PDF, and creating links in PDF. It allows picking PDF files from Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Sejda has features to annotate PDF pages.
- It provides a feature of Whiteout PDF that covers the part of the PDF page with a white rectangle so that the content is not visible for a long time.
- It will allow you to add shapes.
Verdict: Sejda allows you to save the changes to a PDF document and download the edited document.
Website: Sejda PDF Editor
Best for: PDFescape is the best online PDF editing platform.
Price: PDFescape is available for free to use with files up to 10 MB and 100 pages. For the bigger file limits, you can upgrade the account. Its paid plans start at $2.99 per month.
PDFescape is the free online editor and a form filler. You can view and edit PDF files. It will allow you to create new PDF forms. It will let you upload PDFs from the PC as well as from the Internet. The platform will allow you to get the desired viewing angle by zooming in on the documents.
- PDFescape provides the functionality to annotate PDF documents.
- It provides the features to password protect the PDF files.
- It supports all popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, and Safari.
- PDFescape can load the previously opened PDF.
Verdict: Without any installation procedure, you can use PDFescape. By upgrading the account, you will get an Ads-free platform plus features like desktop editing.
#11) iSkysoft PDF Editor
Best for its security features.
Price: iSkysoft provides a 30-days money-back guarantee. It has four pricing plans, PDFelement for Mac/Windows ($59), PDFelement Pro for Mac/Windows ($79), PDFelement PRO for Team ($109), and PDFelement Enterprise (Get a quote). All the mentioned prices are for annual billing.
PDFelement Pro by iSkysoft supports Windows and Mac platforms. It has functionalities for editing, converting, creating, and securing PDFs. You will be able to work on scanned documents. It has the capacity to extract data from forms and scanned PDFs.
Recommended read =>> Top PDF Editors for Mac platform
- iSkysoft PDF Editor provides features for adding annotations and notes to the documents.
- It has features to protect documents with passwords, redaction tools, etc.
- It can convert the PDF to various formats like Word, PPT, Excel, Pages, RTF, HTML, etc.
- You can merge multiple PDF files into a single PDF or can split a large PDF into separate files.
- iSkysoft’s PDFelement provides features of filling PDF forms, Bates Numbering, Redact PDFs, and Batch Processing.
Verdict: It will be easier to edit PDFs like a Word document. In just a few clicks, you will be able to create, fill, and sign forms with the help of iSkysoft PDF Editor. You can make scanned files editable using advanced OCR.
Website: iSkysoft PDF Editor
Best for: AbleWord is the best free Word Processor.
Price: AbleWord is free software. Even for commercial use, it can be used free of cost.
AbleWord is a word processing application that has the capacity to read and write the most popular document formats like PDFs. It is rich in features platform. It is capable of reading and writing to various file formats like Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, Rich Text, Plain Text, and HTML.
- AbleWord will allow you to format the image.
- It supports tables and headers & footers.
- It provides functionalities like spell check and print preview.
Verdict: AbleWord is popular as a PDF editing tool. Mostly, it is used for converting PDF to Word. It provides various Microsoft Word features.
#13) PDF Expert
Best for quickly editing PDF text and images.
Price: PDF Expert is available to download for free. Its one license is for 3 Macs that will cost you $79.99.
PDF Expert is a PDF editing platform for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. It allows transferring documents seamlessly between your devices. It has functionalities for reading, annotating, and editing PDFs. You can edit text, images, and links. It has the capacity to automatically detect the font, size, and opacity of the original text.
- PDF Expert provides the features for signing contracts.
- Search indexing helps to find things instantly.
- You can save the relevant discoveries into search history.
- It provides the features for managing pages like merging files, page numbering, crop pages, and split view mode.
Verdict: The platform will help you with filling forms. PDF Expert’s advanced settings will provide a good reading experience.
Website: PDF Expert
Best for: SmallPDF is best for its PDF compression capabilities.
Price: SmallPDF provides a free trial for 14 days. The price starts at $12 per month.
Smallpdf is an online platform that has various functionalities. It can convert PDF to PPT, JPG, Word, Excel, etc. It will allow you to sign the PDF document. Smallpdf provides functionalities for compressing, merging, splitting, and rotating PDF.
- Smallpdf provides a PDF converter to convert Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files to and from PDFs.
- It has features to insert page numbers in a PDF document.
- You can protect your PDF with the help of a password and encryption.
Verdict: As per reviews, it is an extremely easy-to-use PDF editing platform that has limited functionalities
In this article, we have reviewed online PDF editors, free PDF editors, and desktop applications to provide you the list of best editors. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is the overall best PDF Editing software and PDFelement is a feature-rich platform.
PDFelement, Foxit PhantomPDF, Nuance Power PDF, Nitro Pro, and Acrobat Pro DC are our top recommended PDF editing tools. Sejda, PDFescape, AbleWord, and PDF Expert offer a free plan. AbleWord is completely free software, even for commercial use.
Further reading =>> Top tools to convert PDF to Word document
Also read =>> Wondershare PDFelement Review Tutorial
Our writers have spent 23 hours researching this topic. At first, we have shortlisted 17 tools but based on the various criteria like features, reviews, and price we have filtered the list to the top 11 tools. This will make it convenient for you to choose the right solution.
We hope this article will help you choose the right PDF Editor for your business.