List of the Best Open Source Free Help Desk Software Solutions with Features and Comparison:
Help Desk software is a software application developed to capture, track and maintain customer’s queries online. It is a one point contact for customer issues and their fixes.
It's a software application which is developed for the service persons for keeping a track of their customer's request, and as a result of which they can deal with the customer issues very easily.
This facility provided by companies to the customers, in turn, increases the customer's interest in the business deals as a lot of work for the customer is being handled by this software application.
Back were those days when businesses were mostly done face to face and the client's service persons had to visit each customer individually to resolve their issues and which indeed wasted a lot of time, money and effort.
However, the introduction of Help Desk Software has changed the way of doing business deals as it manages the issue tickets online, automates most of the suites and gains accuracy in reporting and optimization.
Help Desk software has become a single stop point for the customers and employees for reaching out to any issues. It is designed with many good features to resolve the customer's issues and nowadays it is becoming a necessity for every client.
There are many types of help desk ticketing software like basic help desk, enterprise help desk, open-source help desk, etc.
What You Will Learn:
- Features of Help Desk Solutions
- Benefits of Help Desk Ticketing Software
- Popular FAQ's on Help Desk Systems
- Top Help Desk Software in 2019
Features of Help Desk Solutions
Some of the important features are mentioned below for your reference:
- It has a point of contact feature which basically tells how the customer can contact your support like community, social media, phone, message, emails, etc.
- It has a ticket management system which is responsible for saving and maintaining the customer queries into tickets and follow up with them.
- It also has an inbuilt knowledge base or self-service feature which will be consisting of many FAQ for customer queries.
- It supports intelligent automation mechanism which automates the repetitive, and predictable tasks inclusive of some FAQ’s which the customers’ keeps on asking to save time.
- It supports good integration process, hence companies can integrate with the social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to know the feedback on their products.
Benefits of Help Desk Ticketing Software
The Major benefits are:
- Using the Help Desk System, the work progress can be more efficient as customers can submit their issues quickly and get their problems resolved much quickly thereby increasing productivity.
- It is a multi-tasking software as it allows the staffs to categorize and organize issues based on the priority.
- It is highly customizable, hence the clients can make modifications as per their business requirements for improved business access.
- It comes with an auto-assign feature, because of which the tickets get prioritized and automatically get assigned to the concerned team for resolution.
As we know, with every good thing there are certain limitations and weak points.
Help Desk applications also have certain demerits as explained below:
- Sometimes the quality of the knowledge database has become a big question on the reliability of this software. Will it easily integrate with existing knowledge database?
- It may be difficult at times to use this software and their learning curves.
- If the client is adding a new ticketing system then it might take the customer as well as the staff to get acquainted with the application flow to have a seamless process.
- A large investment has to be made on this software and later, upgrading those will cost a lot of money.
- Some software lags some essential features even after paying good money for it.
Suggested Reading => Top CRM Software Tools That You Should Know
Popular FAQ's on Help Desk Systems
Given below are the answers to some of the popular FAQs on Help Desk Solutions.
Q #1) What is a Help Desk Software?
Answer: Help Desk software is a software application developed to capture, track and maintain customer’s queries online. It is a one point contact for customer issues and their fixes.
Q #2) Why Help Desk has become so important these days?
Answer: As it is a multi-tasking software, it reduces the load on IT services and functions by quickly resolving the customer issues. It emphasizes on end-user functionality and is available for 24*7 support for its customers.
Q #3) What is the purpose of using this Software?
Answer: It is developed to store customer issues, analyze them, prioritize them and fix them as soon as possible through the online ticket system.
Q #4) How does the help desk manage its request from customers?
Answer: It generally manages its requests through issue tracking systems.
Q #5) What is CRM ticketing system?
Answer: This ticketing system helps in prioritizing support request with customer service level agreements and real-time response report.
Q #6) Which is the best Help Desk Software?
Answer: The best Help Desk includes Zendesk, LiveAgent, HappyFox, FreshService, Freshdesk, etc.
Q #7) What is the Help Desk system used for?
Answer: It is mainly used for asset management and IT Service management tickets raised by the customers.
As we can see the increase in demand and efficiency of help desk software has drastically increased in recent years.
=>> Contact us to suggest a listing here.
Top Help Desk Software in 2019
Get ready to explore the list of the best open source free Help Desk Ticketing Software that are available in the market.
Comparison Table For Top 5 Help Desk Tools
|Software Name||User Rating||No. of Users||Free Version||Deployment Type|
#1) Zendesk Help Desk
Zendesk is more than a help desk software, it is a customer service and engagement platform that provides support for Omnichannel. This means that all the customer interactions across emails, chats, social media, mobile, etc come all together in one place. It has everything which a customer needs to build good customer experience.
- It provides highly flexible ticket management with automated workflows along with multi-channel support.
- It has a strong knowledge base portal and community forum with customer facing web interface.
- It provides robust reporting and advanced analytics with open API, thereby enabling seamless integration into your business.
- It has both public and private forums with good mobile support for iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.
Price: US $5 – US $199 per agent per month. It also comes with a one-month trial version for the users to experience its features.
Best For: All customer interactions across phone, chat, email, social media, and any other channel you can imagine, come together at one place.
Official URL: Zendesk
LiveAgent is a powerful help desk software which is capable of combining multiple channels into a single unit for better communication. It is very simple, hence it is very easy to learn, utilize and implement. It offers good support for its customers. It has support included in all of its plans. It is a power pack of more than 175 features.
- It has a good ticketing system as all communications including emails is transformed into tickets for better convenience.
- It offers live chat inbuilt and real-time chat messenger widget with automated invitations.
- It has a wide range of connectivity over phones with unlimited backups and also answers the customers on social media accounts.
- It has extremely good support portal which is available 24*7 for all their customers.
Price: US $9 – US $39 per agent per month. It also comes with a one-month trial version for a user.
Best for: LiveAgent is best known for its support team which stays on top of all their customer requests coming through various channels.
Official URL: LiveAgent
#3) HappyFox Cloud-based Help Desk Software
HappyFox is a good cloud-based help desk system which is famous for providing services to its customers in an efficient manner. It is easy and simple to set up. It mainly focuses on small scale industries for its business. It has good automated features which in turn makes work a lot easier for the customers.
It is an all in one package for companies looking to implement the functionalities of large companies.
- It can convert an email into tickets and comes with strong ticket merging as an escalation feature.
- It has a powerful integration mechanism with social media accounts like Facebook, etc.
- It has good support for emails, voice, chat, mobile channels and any social media accounts along with the support for mobile devices like IOS, Android, etc.
- It has smart automation rules and support for more than 35 languages.
Price: US $39 – US $99 per agent per month. It does not come with a free trial version for its users.
Best For: It is mainly known for its strong ticket management system service to its customers.
Official URL: HappyFox
LiveChat is mainly a chat and desktop help application that is developed for the service teams.
It comes with various features and tools that are essential for its customers. It is efficient in connecting clients and the users directly in real time which thereby improves customer satisfaction. It is capable of integrating with other cross applications and platforms efficiently.
- It has a powerful integration mechanism and is capable of seamless integration with more than 130 tools.
- It is simple and easy to learn. It is very clean and clutter-free, hence it is preferred a lot.
- It has an agent application which can request and manage a client's desktop by simply using its remote desktop functionality.
- It has a good statistic and analytics feature which gives information about pre-chat surveys, agents availability, etc.
Price: US $16 – US $149 per month when billed annually. It also provides a 30-day trial version for its customers.
Best For: It is mainly known for its seamless integration mechanism with more than 130 tools.
Official URL: LiveChat
Freshdesk is a reliable help desk software. It is developed in such a way to meet the requirements for both small and large scale companies. It offers a wide range of capabilities like automation tools, multi-channel support, self-service portals, etc. It keeps track of the tickets created by the customers.
It is robust and comes with an all in one package for improved customer experience.
- Freshdesk is capable of converting emails to tickets and responds quickly to them. It also never misses any emails in the clutter.
- It comes with an intuitive reporting system which is inbuilt to track the team's performance, customer satisfaction and identify the pain areas.
- It has an intelligent automation feature which automates the ticket assignment process and says goodbye to all repetitive chores.
- It has an inbuilt knowledge base so that the customer need not wait for a long time when they need an issue answered.
Price: US $19 – US $99 per agent per month. It offers a 21-day free trial version for its customers.
Best For: It is mainly known for its intelligent automation feature which automates repetitive help desk task and thereby increases productivity.
Official URL: Freshdesk
#6) ServiceDesk PLUS
ServiceDesk is a good help desktop software which is capable of combining help desk features and asset management in one common platform. It comes with a good functionality of codeless customization which is beneficial for its customers. It is easy to use and comes with a robust interface.
It offers various integration selections for its customers and gives an increased performance.
- It has a strong incident management process which reduces outages, improves agent productivity and thereby manages the full life cycle of IT tickets.
- It has good problem management features which can classify, analyze and close issues. It reduces repetitive incidents in order to boost productivity.
- It has a unique change management system which streamlines planning, approval, and implementation with automated workflows.
- It also has IT project management features which create projects, manage resources and tracks their progress.
Price: US $12 – US $598 per tech per month. It also offers a one-month free trial version for its customers.
Best For: It is best known for its asset management feature which includes asset discovery, agent scanning, system tools, contract management, etc.
Official URL: ServiceDesk Plus
Kayako is a strong help desk ticketing software which is basically hosted in the cloud. It ensures that all the user service channels are put at one place for efficient customer satisfaction process.
It is designed to satisfy the needs of small as well as big companies. As it supports live chat and help desk, it is able to manage the client requests or communication across multiple channels. It is an overall full suite of tools.
- It has a good integration process and supports ticketing with email integration, slack integration, simple webhook integration, etc.
- It is capable of setting SLA's to keep on top of customer conversations, phone call tracking and recording.
- It has rich customer and organization profiles with strong support for e-commerce to increase sales and loyalty.
- It can offer customizable tickets, chats, customers and custom fields to collect all the required information.
Price: US $15 – US $100 per agent per month. It also offers a free trial version for its customers.
Best For: Kayako is best known for its customization feature. It has indeed made customization as never before.
Official URL: Kayako
#8) Zoho Desk
Zoho desk is a famous help desk software that provides services with a number of support options and is capable to deliver a high-quality end product. Hence, it gives them the advantage to develop strong bonds with the clients. It offers support across all channels for improved customer satisfaction.
It has many features which are best suited for small as well as large scale companies.
- It has a good ticketing system with accurate reporting and insights.
- It supports both call center software and social support software.
- It has its own knowledge base system and forums through which the agent productivity increases.
- It has collaborations company wide along with the help desk essentials.
Price: US $15 – US $30 per month. It also offers a free trial version for its customers.
Best For: Zoho help desk is best known for its quality service and it believes that all the support they offer via all channels should not go wasted.
Official URL: Zoho Desk
#9) Jira Service Desk
Jira Service Desk is a famous help desk software which comes with tons of features to provide solutions to service management and customer service. It offers complete end to end service to its customers. It has a good user interface and helps to resolve issues quickly. It comes with a good support team.
It is one of the mostly used help desk system in the world.
- Jira has self-service features which allow the customers to help themselves for any information. In addition to it, the user can add confluence to Jira for more information.
- Jira helps to achieve complete control over assets as it allows to reference, track and tie request with assets directly from Jira.
- Integrate with Jira software to get to the root cause of the problem before they get escalated.
- Deliver on SLA's and automates those repetitive tasks for faster execution of the process.
Price: US $10 – US $20 per month. It offers a free trial version of 7 days to its customers.
Best For: Jira Service Desk is best known for its issue tracking features. It helps the customers to get to the root cause of each problem with the essential details.
Official URL: Jira Service Desk
#10) Salesforce Essential
Salesforce Essential is a popular help desk software which provides its service and support for small business plans. It is easy and simple to maintain. It comes with all the essential features that are required for customer's needs. It provides an end to end implementation for support process to the customers.
It offers you a single view of important links. It is reliable and trusted by many organizations.
- Salesforce Essential offers you a 360-degree customer view with lead contact account management and task management process.
- It has a good hold on activity feed, activity tracking with powerful collaboration tools that make the work easier for the customer.
- It has a highly flexible customization process so that the customer can create their own custom profile as per their needs.
- It has a good user interface with good features like case auto assignment, trailhead, lightening app builder, etc.
Price: US $25 per month. It also has a free trial version for one month for its customers.
Best For: Salesforce Essential is best known for its 360-degree customer view. It has become very useful for tracking purpose on a small scale.
Official URL: Salesforce Essential
Other Popular Help Desk Tools
#11) Vivantio Pro
Vivantio Pro is a powerful service management software that grows with the customers. Due to its enterprise-class, it is being preferred among many retail, healthcare, and government industries. It has good automation features which indeed save a lot of time and thereby allows the team to focus more on important and critical functions.
The best thing is that it is developed for both cloud-based and on-premise deployment.
Official URL: Vivantio Pro
SherpaDesk is a package help desk tool. It is an all in one application for professional services automation that gives you more time for relationships. It is a powerful customer management tool that is developed for IT services or any software development for taking care of their issues.
It has strong automation support that can generate invoices automatically, and take decisions more accurately.
Official URL: SherpaDesk
FreshService is a part of Freshworks and it’s a service desk application that is actually simple. It is capable of Modifying IT to another level and various business methods with a surprisingly simple usage, easy configuration, and service desk resolution in the cloud.
It is being preferred a lot by the customers due to the automated internal process, get most out of CMDB, and thereby make you on the top of KPI's and also improve the employee experience. It supports good integration mechanism.
Official URL: Fresh Service
#14) Wix Answers
Wix Answers is an all in one package for help desk software as it comes with a lot of inbuilt features. It comes with a complete knowledge base, built-in call center and multi-channel ticketing system for your business.
It has good customization options and a streamlined interface thereby making it more reliable, and effective for any business opportunity. It is a part of Wix, hence it is very robust and has a simple learning curve that makes it the choice of many users.
Official URL: Wix Answers
#15) Vision Help Desk
Vision Help Desk is mainly a user service application that is built out of extremely neat and effective functions. It simplifies customer support with their top notch customer service software tools.
It is a help desk application that collects every incoming request from various channels like detail form, user email-id, mobile phone, Chatting, social media like Facebook and organizes them at one location. This help desk application has branches like help desk software and service desk application software.
Official URL: Vision Help Desk
ClickDesk is known to make its customer happy on a click. It brings the conversations with customers to life by voice and video chats.
It supports most of the cross-platform, hence it gets easy for the team to support any issues instantly to improve customer satisfaction. It also has a powerful integration system as it integrates with a lot of different software. It can be said as a tool with rich features for improving customer relationships.
Official URL: ClickDesk
TOPdesk is a famous service management software. It comes with both on-premise and SaaS deployment process.
It is being preferred by many organizations as it is easy to use and quick to set up, suitable for any department like IT, FM or HR, comes with seamless integration with multiple other packages and has a lot of implementation experience.
It has a clean user interface and simple learning curve. It provides 24*7 support for its customers.
Official URL: TOPdesk
We explored the list of the Top Help Desk Software systems.
We also learned – What is help desk software? Why did it come into existence? What are the functions and processes that Help Desk Software does? Why it has become a necessity for the clients these days? along with the important features and aspects, benefits and demerits of help desk systems, a comparison between the top software for improved selection as per the business requirements.
We came to know specific details about each software like dashboard look, description, features, benefits, pricing info, the best features of each tool along with the official URL. Without any doubt, it is very clear that this software has made the client-customer relationships stronger with improved customer satisfaction.
It has made the tasks so easy in such a way where just tickets have to be raised by the customers and the rest will be taken care of by the support team.
Overall picture can be stated as until now Help Desk Software has been proven beneficial to the companies and the customers as the work process has become much smooth and easy.
=>> Contact us to suggest a listing here.