List of the Best paid as well as open source free Digital Asset Management Software Tools in 2020:
Digital Asset Management is used to manage, organize, and retrieve digital media assets.
Digital media assets mean organizing, creating, sharing photos, videos, contents, files and animations across the globe in the cloud. It is based on the cloud or on-premise that allows any users to upload or download their story or assets from the cloud.
Digital Asset Management(DAM) Tools
DAM must be highly secured and should have access permission restrictions for the other users.
There are lots of Digital Asset Management(DAM) tools across the globe and are mainly used by small, mid-sized and large organizations.
In this article, we will mainly focus on the 15 top rated DAM tools that are available to use as a free trial for your better understanding and hands-on experience.
What You Will Learn:
- Top 15 Digital Asset Management Software
Top 15 Digital Asset Management Software
Let’s start !!
#1) Adobe Experience Manager
Adobe Experience Manager is the most popular tool for content and digital asset management. It is mainly used for marketers and IT to design, maintain and customize different websites across various digital channels like Web, Mobile, and social media.
- Its capability of Digital Asset Management for storing and managing digital content.
- It has inbuilt integration with different platforms like Email Marketing, e-commerce marketing for promoting brands etc.
- It creates and manages social media community.
- The capability of different sites like campaigns, region, languages, and device.
- It shares digital content and resources across various digital channels & translates it for multi-devices.
- Is capable to Tag Manager, non-technical admin, and digital asset manager.
- This can be easily searchable when searched with metadata.
- Creating and uploading files and folders is easy and fast in AEM.
- More automation is required when it comes to maintenance like purging, re-indexing etc.
- Java knowledge is required.
- It’s too much buggy sometimes.
- Components related to OOB are designed awfully.
Ratings: More than 80% of the people across the globe are using AEM and its overall rating is 4.1 out of 5. Both Medium and Large scale companies use AEM for digitization.
Pricing: Not available as an open-source. A trial version is also not available, hence in order to use it, you need to get connected with the Adobe Sales Team first.
Download Link: Click here to download AEM Desktop for Windows.
#2) Intelligence back Digital Asset Management
Intelligence back DAM is mainly used for integrating the marketing contents and processes. It is used for storing and sharing files online. It is very easy to use. Integration and customized keyword tagging make this tool more user-friendly to use.
- It has customizable dashboards.
- Helps in editing artworks.
- It has an automatic keyword tagging.
- Global filters and advanced search are present with the metadata features.
- Helps in sharing digital assets.
- Mainly used for marketing processes.
- Simple to understand and easy to update.
- User-friendly and customized.
- Is SAAS based and has a well-integrated workflow.
- Best document management capability.
- The cost will be high if data is more.
- Setting the custom pages is difficult.
- Sharing of files to the third or outbound parties will take time.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.9 out of 5. It is used by Small, Medium and Large Scale companies.
Pricing: A free trial version is available for 15 days and after that, it starts from $9/user/month.
Download Link: Sign up here for the free trial version.
HyperCMS is used for both content management as well as digital asset management. It is used for creating different types of websites and content depository. It is an open-source CMS that is used to store and maintain system digital assets.
- It can be accessed anywhere.
- It can be supported by mobile phones and tablets as well.
- You can create your content once and publish anywhere on the cloud.
- Safe and secure.
- It is fast and reliable.
- Content management becomes easy by using HyperCMS.
- Easily integrates with social media.
- Supports mobiles and tablets as well to access your content.
- Large files of content can be sent without spamming the client’s email.
- It reduces the flexibility of websites.
- Updating takes time.
- Training is required for using the tool.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.8 out of 5. It is used by Small, Medium and Large scales companies.
Pricing: Open source and stable release come at a free of cost.
Download link: HyperCMS
#4) Flight By Canto
It is the key part of sharing, saving and collaborating files in the cloud. It can be easily integrated with the existing applications and manages workflow with version control. You can organize your image library as well by adding tags. Metadata fields can be customized and shared easily.
- Outstanding image library for organizing, reporting and sharing brand assets.
- Easy to integrate and use.
- Management of brands is followed.
- Sharing files become simple and easy.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Used mainly for storing a large volume of files on the cloud.
- Limited version control.
- There are flaws with file uploading at times.
- Intro mail is not that much customizable.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.0 out of 5. It is used by Medium and Large scales companies.
Pricing: A free trial version is available in the market.
Download link: Sign up here for the free trial version.
BrandFolder is used for saving, allocating and handling brand assets. You can easily share your entire BrandFolder to a group of assets whenever required. Electronic mail, phone calls, live chat support, and house calls are encompassed with every Brandfolder.
- Stores everything at one place from videos to logos.
- It helps in sharing publicly.
- It supports multiple and various types of files.
- Metadata search which makes search easy is available.
- Is more secure.
- Asset thumbnails are customized.
- It concurrently executes commands like edit, delete, share etc.
- It has new ideas for annual media kit for Homes & Land and Estates & Homes.
- It has Commercial ideas, like Contained Listings, Agents, Atlases etc.
- You can also include your important articles in the publications.
- Sometimes unaware of updates happening around.
- Does not have any concept of managing artworks.
- Sharing folders is not fully satisfied.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.6 out of 5. It is used by Small, Medium and Large scale companies.
Pricing: It is not open source, hence it is not available at a free of cost. The price starts at $45.
Download Link: Click here to submit a request to the sales team for using BrandFolder.
WireDrive is mainly used for storing, securing, and team up with marketing bands, organizations, and manufacturing companies. It is used for sharing and securing videos. It is primarily used by specialists who produce, make, manage and pitch videos.
- Can transfer large and big files.
- Tracks all activities of your work.
- Highly focused on security.
- Control access and user permissions.
- Integration with Dropbox.
- It also uploads batch media with HD quality.
- Management of content is easier.
- Better client demonstration.
- Uploads all files at one place.
- Tags can be added for categorization of organizations.
- Library and projects are on different sides, hence there are chances for uploading the same file for more than one time.
- It has a Dynamic Directory Verification.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.3 out of 5. It is mainly used by Med-size companies.
Pricing: A free trial is available for 7 days.
Download Link: Click here to download its free trial version.
Webdam is mostly used by marketers and creatives to state their brand stories.
It is based on the cloud platform and that makes Webdam easy to use, manage, and distribute assets. It belongs to the member of the Shutterstock family and is used for managing the brands.
- Supports mobile devices to share videos, images, and content directly on the cloud premises.
- It is integrated with Shutterstock and other assets as well.
- Secured and scheduled publishing features are available.
- It is presented in 11 languages and the brands located across the globe can select their language.
- It uses custom metadata for searching and adding tags.
- It also helps in converting files and video size.
- Editing is easy.
- Drag and drop features are available, for uploading assets.
- Connecting brands.
- Searching functions look to be very old.
- No automatic search by names for folders or albums.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.0 out of 5. It is used by Med-size and large-scale companies.
Pricing: A free trial version is available.
Download Link: You can try for free by submitting a trail request from here.
Nuxeo is used for managing content for business processes for organizations across the globe.
It accomplishes the complete development of content irrespective of its type, volume or location. It is based on the cloud platform to organize and create contents. It is mainly used by designers and creators to manage and run content-centric business applications.
- Easy to use and manage contents on the cloud.
- Highly secured.
- Better performance and is highly scalable.
- Analyze data and visualize their type, volume, and performance.
- It has REST API to generate, request and manage a command-oriented API.
- Easy to manage, organize and secure your digital assets in the cloud.
- Good tool for content management and the developers too for maintaining documents and records.
- It is open for everyone i.e. one can do changes as per their requirements.
- Customization is not so easy.
- Community for growth is very less.
- More improvement is required in Documentation.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.0 out of 5. It is used by small, Med-size and large-scale companies.
Pricing: A free trial of 30 days is available.
Download link: Its free trial version can be downloaded from here.
#9) Widen Collective
Widen Collective is based on a cloud platform. It comprises of features like creation of context, sharing and analyzing within a group.
It also deals with storing documents using AWS. It has a centralized depository for saving all images and product logos. It also has a portal where the employers can share their documents or upload their images based on their roles and department.
- It can insert images and video codes into your context.
- It integrates with the WYSIWYG CK Editor to create more effective content.
- Widen Collective API is used for user authentication and access level.
- GUI is user-friendly.
- Easy to use, and is highly customized from other DAM.
- Keep things in an organized form.
- Introduction of roadmaps in new releases.
- Learning about the tool is more in a very short span of time.
- Workflow is not robust.
- Drag and Drop functionality is not inbuilt.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.7 out of 5. It is used by Med-size and large-scale companies.
Pricing: A free trial version is available. Subscription starts at $27,900 per year based on users, storage, and other features.
Download link: Its free trial version can be used from here.
Libris is a simple cloud-based digital asset management tool which helps the users to upload, organize, manage and share assets in their own way. Users can easily access the images, videos etc. It is highly secured and is a cloud-based DAM tool.
- It organizes your assets in a simple way by uploading all your data to your account directly.
- You can share your spreadsheets or story and also make a wish for images and other files from the other users.
- Everything is available at the same place, hence it is so easy to access.
- Links are available to share stories with internal or external parties.
- Assets are centrally localized.
- You can upload your images, story or videos from anywhere.
- Highly secured with a well-protected password.
- Sometimes the app doesn’t work on mobile phones successfully.
- It takes more time to upload videos at times.
Ratings: Its overall rating is 4.6 out of 5. It is used by Med-size and large-scale companies.
Pricing: A Free trial period of 14 days is available.
Download link: Its trial link can be downloaded from here.
Enlisted below are a few other popular Digital Asset Management Tools that are available in the market.
Celum is based on a cloud platform and is used for context designing, managing, and monetizing. It is easy, simple and secured. It is designed with complete knowledge of digital marketing strategies.
It is categorized into three products in the market i.e. Marketing Project Management, Marketing Content, and Digital Asset Management. Users can easily manage, create, retrieve and monetize the content. This tool is mainly used by small and large-scale enterprises.
Download Link: Click here for a free trial.
Bynder permits brands to easily create, discover and practice content such as forms, pictures, and videos.
This tool is used by more than 150,000 marketers, brand administrators, and designers to socialize or develop their documents and context globally. This tool is highly used across the world in almost each and every design agency.
Download Link: A free trial version is available for 14 days. You can download the trial version from here.
#13) Adam Software
ADAM Software benefits the products and provides excessive customer understandings.
It has a smart content Hub™ which is used to produce, manage and share marketing substantial that involves customers at every life cycle of the product marketing. It distributes faster when compared to the other DAM tools and the quality is also more reliable. It is highly flexible because of its known API.
It manages multilingual videos and contents as well.
Download Link: Click here to submit a request for Demo for using Adam software trial version.
#14) OpenText MediaBin
OpenText MediaBin is an on-Premise and cloud-based solution. It helps to accomplish digital assets more proficiently. It decreases repetition, inefficiency and invalid assets which do not meet brand values.
Its extra add-ons include features like speech-to-text, face recognition, logo recognition, organization representative, etc. These add-ons work with generally used languages and help in transforming script in different supported dialects.
Download Link: Click here to download.
MerlinOne is aimed to help organizations to work together, establish, and distribute assets like videos, pictures, and visuals. It is mainly used by small to large-scale companies. It is cloud-based and in turn, is highly secured.
It helps in handling a large size of media things. It shares media groups to make an easier distribution, branding, and advertising story.
Download link: Click here to submit a request for using Merlin.
We have discussed almost all the top Digital Asset Management Software that is available in the market.
There are much more DAM tools that are available in the market but these above-discussed tools are the most popular ones. We have explored the Features, Price, Pros & Cons, and Reviews & Ratings of each tool in simple terms in this article for your easy understanding.
Hope you enjoyed this informative article on Digital Asset Management Tools!!
=> Contact us to suggest a listing here.