Have you been facing problems in Interviews? Are you afraid of delivering any speech? Do you hesitate to speak at your company meetings? Do you have problems in explaining your views to others? Do others disagree with you even though you are right?
If your answers to these questions are “yes”, then it’s time to improve your Communication Skill. You should be perfect in all ways of communication like verbal, presentation skills and written communication.
Poor communication generally leads to disagreements and misunderstandings. Even in a romantic relationship if you are poor at communication, there are high chances that you will break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Good Communication Skills are a must for Software Testers. You might have seen this line in every job requirement especially in the openings in QA and testing field. As testers require communicating with different project team members including clients, communication skill plays an important role.
If you want to win the argument (i.e. arguments that are right) and find a common solution for your problems with your subordinates, then you should be able to express your views effectively.
As a part of the ‘Soft Skills for Testers’ tutorial series, we are sharing a detailed powerpoint presentation on “How to improve Communication Skills”.
Keep these simple rules in mind for Effective Communication:
- Listen carefully when others are clarifying their thoughts. Don’t interrupt others in-between.
- Do not speak too fast. Slow down while speaking.
- Speak clearly. Your pronunciation should be loud and clear.
- Make eye contact with whom you are speaking. This increases the chances of mutual agreement.
- Read, read and read. For better communication and effective words in your speech, your vocabulary should be very strong. Reading more and more will increase your vocabulary.
Besides these 5 golden rules for Effective Communication, here is a PPT presentation on improving your communication skills.
Main topics covered in this PPT:
#1) What makes a good communicator?
#2) Process of communication
#3) Active listening
#4) Using non-verbal communication effectively
#5) Presentation skills while appearing for an interview.