This tutorial lists the top Load Balancing Routers with features, price, and comparison to help you select the Best Load Balancing Router for your needs:
Load balancing router performs the task of balancing and sharing the load in a network with the help of multiple Internet connectivity options and network link resources.
It aims to provide the unified Internet connection and reduce the latency while sharing, transferring, and shuffling network bandwidth by combining the cumulative bandwidth speed of different connections.
What You Will Learn:
- Load Balancing Router
- List Of Best Load Balancing Routers
- Comparison Of Top Load Balance Routers
- #1) TP-Link Safestream Multi-WAN Router
- #2) Peplink Balance 20 Dual-WAN Router
- #3) Cisco Systems Gigabit Dual WAN VPN 14 Port Router
- #4) TP-Link SafeStream TL-480T+10/100
- #5) Synology RT2600ac-4*4 dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi router
- #6) TP-link Safestream Multi-WAN Broadband Router
- #7) Grandstream Enterprise Multi-WAN Gigabit VPN Router
- #8) Linksys Business Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router
- #9) Cisco Systems Gigabit VPN Router
- #10) TP-Link Safestream TL-ER6020 Gigabit Broadband Desktop/Rackmount VPN Router
- #11) Cisco Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router
Load Balancing Router
Multi-WAN routers will provide you with various features like failover & backup, load balancing, security, etc. Some routers provide additional features like built-in DNS proxy and geo-based blocking services. With a built-in proxy feature, you will not have to define your DNS providers.
Suggested reading => Best WiFi Range Extenders
Business-class VPN router will give your secure, reliable, and remote connectivity to your company’s data and internal resources at any time from anywhere. It will give you a seamless work collaboration. It will reduce overall IT costs. It improves the reliability of remote connections. Business-class VPN routers will help you to create time-saving and cost-effective business processes for your customers, employees, or partners.
Advantages of the Load Balancing Router:
- Your network bandwidth will get optimized.
- It helps in improving the network bandwidth speed and overall performance.
- It improves Internet redundancy with the help of several techniques like bandwidth aggregation.
- It can dynamically distribute the overall traffic across each connection.
- Some load balancing routers have features to learn, identify, use, and switch between the best available network paths.
List Of Best Load Balancing Routers
- TP-Link Safestream Multi-WAN Router
- Peplink Balance 20 Dual-WAN Router
- Cisco Systems Gigabit Dual WAN VPN 14 Port Router
- TP-Link SafeStream TL-480T+10/100
- Synology RT2600ac-4*4 dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi router
- TP-link Safestream Multi-WAN Broadband Router
- Grandstream Enterprise Multi-WAN Gigabit VPN Router
- Linksys Business Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router
- Cisco Systems Gigabit VPN Router
- TP-Link Safestream TL-ER6020 Gigabit Broadband Desktop/Rackmount VPN Router
- Cisco Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router
Comparison Of Top Load Balance Routers
|load balancing routers||Connectivity Technology||Data Transfer rate||Total Ethernet ports||Total LAN ports||Price|
|TP-Link Safestream Multi-WAN Router||Ethernet||100 megabits per second||5||4||$39.99.|
|Peplink Balance 20 Dual-WAN Router||Wired||150 Megabits per second.||6||4||$297.93|
|Cisco Systems Gigabit Dual WAN VPN 14 Port Router||Wired||100 Megabits per second||16||14||$198|
|TP-Link SafeStream TL-480T+10/100||Ethernet||100 Megabits per second||2||5||$52.40|
|Synology RT2600ac-4*4 dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi router||Wireless||2.53 Gigabits per second||5||--||$186.75|
Review of the routers in detail:
#1) TP-Link Safestream Multi-WAN Router
TP-Link Safestream Multi-WAN Router has 4 WAN ports that have advanced load balance capability. It will give you maximum bandwidth and backup. You will get extensive client account and network management for administrators with a supported PPPoE server.
- TP-Link Safestream Multi-WAN Router has a load balance function.
- It provides Portal Authentication Access Management.
- It has abundant security features.
- It provides Lightning Protection (TL-R470T+).
Price: It is available for $39.99.
To provide the increased network speed, Peplink Balance 20 Dual-WAN Router supplies the traffic to different Internet links. It provides an outbound traffic manager that will help you to easily configure rules to route ultra-high volume traffic to your speedier Internet links to increase the speed.
- Peplink Balance 20 Dual-WAN Router provides the features of a 150 Mbps data transfer rate.
- It has 7 Ethernet ports.
- It contains 4 LAN ports.
- It contains 2 GE WAN ports.
- Every Peplink Balance has 7 advanced load balancing algorithms.
- It provides 100Mbps throughput.
Verdict: These routers will give you 100% Internet uptime. It can combine 133 Internet connections. To get optimum efficiency, it will allow you to subscribe to multiple Internet providers.
Price: It will cost you $297.93.
#3) Cisco Systems Gigabit Dual WAN VPN 14 Port Router
To provide multiple wired connections, Cisco Systems Gigabit Dual WAN VPN 14 Port router has 14 WAN ports. Out of these WAN ports, two ports are high-speed Gigabit ports to optimize load balancing. It has a simple configuration. It supports IPv6. VLAN configuration is simple and intuitive.
- It can provide the data transfer speed of more than 600 Mbps.
- It will perform well while sharing and downloading large files at home or work.
- These processors will be useful to optimize the data flow between the users in the network and allocate bandwidth to every user in the network.
- It has super-fast processors that will ensure smooth data transfer and the sharing of large files.
- It provides a VPN feature that will allow remote connectivity.
Verdict: It is an affordable solution and will be a great solution for the price. Its setup is easy and intuitive as it provides a browser-based setup manager.
Price: It is available for $198 on Amazon.
#4) TP-Link SafeStream TL-480T+10/100
TP-Link SafeStream TL-480T+10/100 will give you extensive client account and network management for administrators with supported PPPoE Server. It guarantees maximum bandwidth and backup capabilities through 4 WAN ports that are equipped with advanced load balance.
- It is a Rackmount load balance router. It provides 150M NAT throughput. It supports 30k concurrent sessions. It supports 4 WAN Load balance or auto-failover.
- It has a built-in firewall that supports IP address filtering, MAC address filtering, URL filtering, and WEB contents filtering.
- It marshals the bandwidth resource to specific clients for their unique application environments.
- It provides the feature of time-based access control that will help administrators to create the restricted access policies for staff.
- It has a built-in DHCP server that supports static IP address distribution.
Verdict: TL-R480T+ will be a good option for small businesses. It will give you a high ROI. It has three changeable WAN/LAN ports and supports up to 4 WAN ports. The web-based utility will make it easier to manage the tool.
Price: It will cost you $52.40
#5) Synology RT2600ac-4*4 dual-band Gigabit Wi-Fi router
Synology Router RT2600ac provides powerful Wi-Fi performance and range. It has intuitive setup, management, and connectivity. You will get professional-level controls through advanced traffic monitoring tools. These tools will help to shape the flow of data in your network. It contains the features of content filtering and parental control.
- It provides fast and uncompromising performance by making the use of 1.7 Gigahertz Dual Core Processor.
- With this router, you will get the coverage area of 3000 square feet.
- It provides hardware-accelerated layer 7 traffic control and monitoring.
- It provides the features of threat prevention.
- You will get expandable coverage with mesh Wi-Fi.
- It has bandwidth management features.
Verdict: Synology Router RT2600ac is one of the powerful wireless routers for homes as well as offices.
Price: It will cost you $186.75.
TL-ER5120 Gigabit is a load balance broadband router with exceptional data processing capabilities. It offers features for load balance, access control, bandwidth control, and session limit. It contains various functionalities for Captive Portal & Guest Management and to optimize bandwidth usage.
- TL-ER5120 Gigabit has a 64-bit dedicated processor and 2 Gbit DDRIII high-speed memory that provides outstanding performance.
- It is equipped with 1 Gigabit WAN port, 1 Gigabit LAN port, and 3 adaptable Gigabit WAN/LAN ports.
- Its load-balancing features will automatically select the best route to the destination based on the load.
- It provides several security features like ARP Inspection, Dos Defense, URL/Keyword Domain filter, and access control.
Verdict: TL-ER5120 Gigabit is a good option for small to medium-sized businesses. It has professional 4KV lightning protection. It is rich in features.
Price: It will cost you $259.
#7) Grandstream Enterprise Multi-WAN Gigabit VPN Router
GS-GWN7000 is a powerful and enterprise-grade router. It can be used by small to large businesses, retail, education, hospitality, and medical markets. Comprehensive WiFi and VPN solutions are supported by this router to share with one or many different physical locations.
- GS-GWN7000 has features for high-performance routing and switching power.
- It contains a hardware-accelerated VPN client/server to provide secure inter-office connectivity.
- Traffic load balancing and failover are also supported by this router.
- It provides an embedded controller and an automated provisioning master. They can set up and manage up to 300+ in-network GWN series Wi-Fi access points.
- It has 7-Gigabit ports.
Verdict: GWN 7000 will be easy to operate through the intuitive web browser. It also has a central panel that will help you with monitoring and controlling the entire network.
Price: GS-GWN 7000 is available for $114.98.
#8) Linksys Business Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router
LRT224 Business Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router provides the Ethernet ports, Open VPN support, and an integrated firewall. It is a perfect solution for a reliable and secure network service requirement of growing businesses.
- It has URL filtering features for administrators that will let them prevent the employees from visiting some sites.
- It has an intuitive web administrative interface that will help the business owners and administrators to easily install and manage the router.
- It provides security features.
- It has 4 Gigabit LAN ports and two more for WAN links. It is for load balancing and connection failover across these ports.
- It has five open VPN tunnels for Android and iOS users.
- This LRT series provides the integration with site-to-site VPN, Gigabit firewall, and many other remote access VPN technologies.
Verdict: It is a value for money solution. Employees will get secure remote access to your VPN from laptops and smartphones because of open VPN support. It allows administrators to prevent employees from visiting time-wasting sites.
Price: It is available for $97.71 on Amazon.
#9) Cisco Systems Gigabit VPN Router
Cisco Systems provides the RV320K9NA, a Gigabit VPN router. There can be three connectivity technologies, Ethernet, Wired, and USB. It will give you the data transfer rate of 1 Gigabit per second.
- It has dual Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports for load balancing.
- It has dual USB ports that support a 3G/4G modem or flash drive.
- It provides strong security through a stateful packet inspection firewall and hardware encryption.
Verdict: It is an affordable solution. It enables transferring of large files supporting multiple users.
Price: It is available for $123.94.
#10) TP-Link Safestream TL-ER6020 Gigabit Broadband Desktop/Rackmount VPN Router
TL-ER6020 SafeStream Gigabit Dual-WAN VPN router provides excellent data processing capabilities. It has various powerful functions like IPsec/PPTP/L2TP VPN, load balance, access control, etc. It has more functions for DoS Defense, Bandwidth Control, Session Limit, PPPoE Server, etc.
- TL-ER6020 SafeStream Gigabit Dual-WAN VPN router has a 64-bit dual-core dedicated processor to provide outstanding performance.
- Users will be able to establish their VPN with more flexibility as it supports multiple VPN protocols like IPsec, PPTP, and L2TP.
- Guest authentication will be done through the Captive portal.
- It provides a lot of features like load balance, access control, and bandwidth control.
- It provides professional 4kV lightning protection.
Verdict: TL-ER6020 SafeStream Gigabit Dual-WAN VPN router is a perfect solution for small & medium-sized businesses, hotels, and communities that requires efficient and easy to manage a network with high security for a large volume of users.
Price: TL-ER6020 SafeStream Gigabit Dual-WAN VPN router will cost you $159.99.
#11) Cisco Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router
Cisco RV042G Dual Gigabit WAN VPN router is a highly-secure solution. It will give you high performance and reliable Internet connectivity.
- Cisco RV042G Dual Gigabit WAN VPN router has a 4-port switch.
- It provides firewall protection.
- It makes the use of Ethernet as a connectivity technology. It has 800 Megabits per second Data Transfer Rate.
- It has 6 Ethernet ports and 4 LAN ports.
Verdict: Cisco RV042G Dual Gigabit WAN VPN router is suitable for small businesses.
Price: Cisco RV042G Dual Gigabit WAN VPN router will cost you $114.49.
It is a complex job to choose the load balancing router. It needs to have a deep understanding of the enterprise infrastructure for content and application delivery. Also, there are various options available in the market which makes the process of choosing the right tool more complicated.
Suggested reading => Best WiFi Routers in India
Here we have shortlisted the top load balancing routers to help you with the selection. We hope you will be able to find the right load balancing router from the list of our top recommended solutions.
- Time taken to research this article: 28 Hours
- Total tools researched: 22
- Top tools shortlisted: 11