This tutorial explores the top WiFi Router in India with their pricing, features, and comparison to help you select the best WiFi Router:
A Wi-Fi router is responsible for the access to wireless Internet to your devices.
Having equipped with an Internet connection having seamless streaming options is surely the way to go forward. But to connect all your devices to the Internet, you’ll require a router that matches your speed and has everything you ask for.
What You Will Learn:
- WiFi Router India
- List Of Top WiFi Routers In India
- Comparison Table Of The Best WiFi Routers
- #1) TP-link N300 Wi-Fi Wireless Router TL-WR845N
- #2) D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
- #3) TP-Link AC750 Dual Band Wireless Cable Router
- #4) TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router
- #5) Tenda AC10 AC1200Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
- #6) Tenda N301 Wireless-N300
- #7) TP-Link TD-w8961N Wireless N300 ADSL2+ Wi-Fi Modem Router
- #8) TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Wi-Fi Dual Band
- #9) iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router
- #10) Mi Smart Router 4C
WiFi Router India
Selecting the right router will obviously allow you to access seamless Internet and stream videos or browse websites without any interruptions. Of course, you can get all the wireless connectivity. But how will you choose the best one?
Don’t worry as we’ve got you covered. In this tutorial, we have provided you with the list of the best Wi-Fi Routers in India you would love to pick as per your requirement.
Suggested reading => Best Wireless Router to use
Fact Check: According to Statista, the average usage of the Internet per person is around 6 hours and 42 minutes, but when it comes to India, these stats increase to nearly 8 hours of Internet usage per day!
India is going through a digital revolution, as the average number of Internet users is vividly increasing. It was around 302.36 million active Internet users as of 2015. Since then, the country has seen a boost of 200 percent in the number of Internet users. In 2021, the current number of Internet users may even rise to 761.29 million, which is an amazing stat.
Most of them are using routers capable of delivering multiple connectivity options with high-speed Internet streaming options.
Also Read =>> Top USB Wifi Adapters
Pro-Tip: While selecting the router, look for specifications like the band channel and the number of antennas present. Also, check the data transmission speed and easy to set up options for faster router configuration.
Based on your requirements, you can look for a dual-band router or a tri-band router for enhanced speed. If you want to operate in your home, opting for a single-band router should be enough. For commercial spaces and corporate requirements, opt for a router that gives multiple connections.
Recommended Reading =>> WiFi Keeps Disconnecting: 12 Ways To Fix
FAQs About WiFi Routers
Q #1) How do I configure my Wi-Fi router?
Answer: The procedure for configuring might be different according to the manufacturer. Every manufacturer has a different interface, and thus, the options could differ. However, to configure, you can connect your router with your PC and open up a browser.
Type down your IP address and go to your network interface. Enter your admin SSID and password and go to network settings. You can now enter your gateway, subnet mask, and IPV4 to configure.
Q #2) Do I need to change the router SSID and Password?
Answer: Router SSID is actually your identification name by which you can recognize your router. Even though every modern router comes with WPA2 security, it is always advised to change your router’s SSID and password. This is simply because every router might have a similar default password, which means that your network is public.
To make it protected, changing your SSID and password are both recommended. It helps you to eliminate any type of malicious attempts.
Q #3) My router is jammed- what should I do?
Answer: The router is an electronic device, and such incidents may happen at any time. However, you won’t have to panic too much about this at all. If you are facing such problems, simply restart or reboot your router. There is a small reset switch just behind your router. Press and hold this switch at least for 10 seconds until all LED lights turn off.
Once it does, your router will go through reset mode. Wait till all the lights turn on. However, you must remember that all active changes in settings will get back to default.
List Of Top WiFi Routers In India
Here is the list of popular Wi-Fi Routers in India:
- TP-link N300 WiFi Wireless Router TL-WR845N
- D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
- TP-Link AC750 Dual Band Wireless Cable Router
- TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router
- Tenda AC10 AC1200Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
- Tenda N301 Wireless-N300
- TP-Link TD-w8961N Wireless N300 ADSL2+ Wi-Fi Modem Router
- TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 WiFi Dual Band
- iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router
- Mi Smart Router 4C
Comparison Table Of The Best WiFi Routers
|Tool Name||Best For||Maximum Speed||Antennas||Band||Price||Rating|
|TP-link N300||Making VoIP Calls||300 Mbps||3||Single||Rs. 1049||4.8/5 (68,489 ratings)|
|D-Link DIR-615||Small apartment or home||300 Mbps||3||Single||Rs. 999||4.5/5 (8,945 ratings)|
|TP-Link AC750||Larger room||750 Mbps||3||Dual||Rs. 1449||4.5/5 (6,411 ratings)|
|TP-Link Archer C6||Offices||1200 Mbps||4||Dual||Rs. 2499||4.4/5 (15,841 ratings)|
|Tenda AC10||Multi-tasking||1200 Mbps||4||Dual||Rs. 2699||4.2/5 (13,105 ratings)|
|Tenda N301||For small houses||300 Mbps||3||Single||Rs. 999||4.2/5 (8,914 ratings)|
|TP-Link TD-w8961N||Boosted speed||300 Mbps||3||Single||Rs. 1279||4.0/5 (3,931 ratings)|
|TP-Link Archer A5||IPTV Streaming||1200 Mbps||4||Dual||Rs. 1699||3.8/5 (2,321 ratings)|
|iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN||High network speed||1200 Mbps||4||Dual||Rs. 1599||3.7/5 (1,530 ratings)|
|Mi Smart Router 4C||Parental controls||300 Mbps||3||Single||Rs. 999||3.5/5 (1,668 ratings)|
Let us review the enlisted routers with their features and pricing.
Best for making VoIP calls, streaming HD videos, and playing online games.
The TP-link N300 Wi-Fi Wireless Router TL-WR845N has four working modes- router mode, range extender mode, access point mode, and WISP mode. It is easy to manage and install using the TP-LINK Tether app on your mobile phone. You can expect advanced and exceptional performance using this router.
Further reading => Top WiFi Range Extenders
It has a guest network function that provides secure and safe access for your guest to share the Wi-Fi network.
- The TP-link N300 provides speedy wireless connectivity.
- It has an elegant design, and texture that fits every interior.
- It is compatible with the current Internet protocol version IPv6.
- The router comes with three antennas to increase Wi-Fi stability.
- It has a TP-Link Tether app for easy management and installation.
Verdict: As per the customer reviews, the TP-link N300 Wi-Fi Wireless Router TL-WR845N has a good Wi-Fi range and is excellent for a 2BHK flat area. It can easily connect to multiple devices such as Chromecast, Google Home, etc. There is an RJ-45 cable to connect with the ACT broadband connection. Overall, it is an excellent buy.
Price: It is available for Rs.1049.00 on Amazon.
#2) D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
Best for a small apartment or home with an area of 450 sq ft.
The D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router offers a speed of 300 Mbps and has a frequency of 2.4 GHz. Thus, it allows you to download, share, and upload with high speed and with no lag. This router is compatible with all the operating system such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, etc.
It is pretty easy to configure and will take only a few minutes to complete the entire setup process. And to protect the Internet server from virus attacks and potential malware, it uses dual active firewalls and further supports WPA and WPA 2.
- It is equipped with advanced firewall options.
- This comes with high-gain antennas to increase the Wi-Fi coverage up to 450 sq ft.
- It is compatible with the ISP input of RJ 45.
- The D-Link DIR-615 can handle 10 wireless devices.
- It will offer you excellent bandwidth optimization.
Verdict: As per the customer reviews, the D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router works perfectly fine for a small office or home with Wi-Fi needs. The signal can penetrate easily into 2 to 3 walls and can travel at least 10 meters. In fact, it won’t heat up even after continuous usage for 18 to 20 hours, making it a great buy.
Price: It is available for Rs.999.00 on Amazon.
#3) TP-Link AC750 Dual Band Wireless Cable Router
Best for larger room or bigger office areas.
The TP-Link AC750 Dual Band Wireless Cable Router offers superior network coverage with a stable omnidirectional signal. It has three fixed external antennas that offer high-speed wireless connection across greater distances. You can easily connect and manage the network settings using your iOS or Android device with the help of Tether.
It can handle intensive tasks, including HD video streaming, etc. This has three working modes, including Range Extender Mode, Router Mode, and Access Point Mode. It has 4× 10/100 Mbps LAN Ports and 1× 10/100 Mbps WAN Port. This has features such as parental controls and a WPS button.
- It has 733 Mbps dual-band connections.
- This features a 5.8 GHz radiofrequency.
- The router has 3 external antennas.
- It is easy to install and setup.
- This features the next-generation Wi-Fi standard – 802.11AC.
Verdict: As per the customer reviews, the TP-Link AC750 router is great for 3 BHK flats. It can work for straight 20 hours without having any heating issues. This has a warranty of 3 years, which is pretty decent, and the setup process is hassle-free. Overall, if you want a router for a larger home or office space, you can opt for this.
Price: It is available for Rs.1,449.00 on Amazon.
#4) TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router
Best for bigger rooms and offices.
The TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router is a great router for your home and office. It offers dual-band Wi-Fi speeds of 300 Mbps and 867 Mbps and supports 80802.11ac standard bandwidth. It has 4 external antennas, along with one internal antenna. So, you can expect to have smooth wireless connections with optimal coverage.
For higher performance, it has the Qualcomm chipset for a smoother experience. It is pretty easy to set up and install using TP-Link Tether. This further supports one Mesh function and can connect to several devices. It prevents Wi-Fi dead zones and offers a seamless connection with the same Wi-Fi name.
- It offers 10x faster Gigabit connectivity.
- This offers a 2.4 GHz bandwidth frequency.
- It works on all the operating systems without lagging.
- It has 4 external antennas and 1 internal antenna.
- This is easy to set up and manage via Tether App.
Verdict: As per the customer reviews, it is easy to set up, and people can connect 4 phones and 3 laptops at a time. The best part is that it could play UHD videos without causing any lag. Overall, it is a good router and is a total value for money.
Price: It is available for Rs.2,499.00 on Amazon.
#5) Tenda AC10 AC1200Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
Best for multitasking, gaming, and small rooms.
The Tenda AC10 AC1200 router offers stable and wide coverage of Wi-Fi connection. You can expect to have multi-device performance with innovative MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology. It can connect to over 30+ devices in your home. The router has a strong dual-band Wi-Fi signal with the generation 802.11ac wave 2.0 standards.
In case you have forgotten your PPPoE password or username, and you are unable o login, you don’t need to worry. The AC10 migrated the yPPPoE password and came from your original router. It is great for online gaming and streaming with a 1 GHz CPU and does energy conservation as well.
- It offers 4 x 5 DBi Omni-directional antennas.
- This has a powerful 1Ghz CPU along with 128Mb DDR3.
- It comes with a smart dual-band Wi-Fi signal.
- This has four clean-cut antennas for wider Wi-Fi coverage.
- There are 1 WAN and 3 LAN full gigabit ports.
Verdict: According to the customer reviews, the Wi-Fi signals are super strong on both channels. It takes very little time to do the setup, and the parental control feature works beautifully. With this router, it was easy to set up the guest network, and the app works pretty fine.
Price: It is available for Rs.2,699.00 on Amazon.
#6) Tenda N301 Wireless-N300
Best for small houses.
The Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 is perfect for your daily activities such as chat, streaming videos, email, online gaming, etc. It works as the client to connect to the ISP network and share the network connection. With the 300 Mbps wireless speed, you will not face any interruptions. This has a parental control feature that works pretty decently. You can easily set up the guest network when in need.
It comes with a power adapter, resources CD, and manual along with the main unit.
- It is easy to set up and install with three easy steps.
- It comes with 2 fixed 5 DBi Omni-directional antennas.
- This offers 300 Mbps wireless speed, ideal for sensitive applications.
- It comes with 1 WAN port and 3 LAN ports.
- This has high security with a WPS button.
Verdict: As per the customer reviews, the Tenda N301 router is pretty durable and if you are looking for an affordable solution, it is a great option. It is easy to set up and easy to manage with fast connectivity feature.
Price: It is available for Rs 999.00 on Amazon.
#7) TP-Link TD-w8961N Wireless N300 ADSL2+ Wi-Fi Modem Router
Best for boosted speed up to 300 Mbps, maximized range, and easy setup.
TP-Link TD-w8961N provides a dynamic connectivity option. It’s two 5 dBi antennas are capable of large connectivity problems. With a maximum capacity of 300 Mbps of speed, it is also durable to provide around a maximum speed of 300 Mbps. For high bandwidth-consuming devices, this router produces to be impressive support as well.
Advanced network security with both NAT and SPI, it is a go-to product for use.
- TP-Link TD-w8961N comes with an amazing setup and assistance. You can get a one-touch configuration with wireless security.
- It features an all-in-one device that comes with a 4-port switch and wireless access point.
- A one-touch WPS button enables better encryption and security. It also has an easy On-Off button.
- TP-Link TD-w8961N has almost 4 RJ45 ports, which allow multiple devices over LAN connections.
Verdict: As per customer reviews, the TP-Link TD-w8961N is a fantastic option for an ADSL Internet line. This device seemed to work perfectly with stable Internet speed. It comes with a decent setup and easy connectivity options for most Internet services in India. The configuration will not take much time at all.
Price: It is available for Rs.1279.00
#8) TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 Wi-Fi Dual Band
Best for a higher number of connections and IPTV streaming.
TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 comes with an impressive speed of Internet usage. With a dual-band router, you can get a combined speed of 1200 Mbps. Switching between the 2.4 GHz channel and the 5 GHz channel takes very little time. Smart access point comes with standard 802.11ac security protection for easy connectivity.
If you have a quest for high-speed Internet surfing, this is the device for you.
- This device features a dynamic interface. It supports up to 4 LAN ports with a1 WAN port for multiple connectivity options.
- You can get a vast connectivity option with TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200. There are four external antennas.
- Easy setup and management save time to configure. Use TP-Link Tether for faster configurations.
- It has a guest authentication mode for easy sharing of the Internet.
Verdict: As per customer reviews, TP-Link Archer A5 AC1200 comes with a fair price compared with the features. Very few dedicated dual-band routers are available at this price, which shows you up an amazing routing experience. Moreover, it also brings up IPTV streaming with 4K bandwidth support.
Price: It is available for Rs. 1699.00
#9) iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router
Best for high network speed and fiber connection.
The iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN includes 4 antennas which are great for covering a big range. While testing the speed, a dual-band configuration seemed to b a perfect fit for this router. Moreover, it has a combined speed of 120 Mbps. The 2.4 GHz channel provides a speed of 350 Mbps while 5 GHz channel provides a speed of 850 Mbps.
The iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN features three operational modes including WISP, router, and a wireless access point.
- This router comes with multiple inputs and multiple output options. It can support up to 4 LAN networks.
- The iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN has the latest Beamforming technology. It helps to gain wider coverage.
- This product has a stable and optimized data speed. The combined speed is up to 1200 Mbps.
- Customer support is decent. The Tech support team from iBall is fast responsive.
Verdict: As per customer reviews, iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN is easy to configure the modem. The interface application navigates to settings perfectly and has a one-touch recognition option. Most users feel that the comfortable price makes this a true value for money purchase. It eliminates almost all dead spots in a big space. The iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN runs well even behind two thick walls.
Price: It is available for Rs.1599.00
#10) Mi Smart Router 4C
Best for parental controls and single-band operation.
The Mi Smart Router 4C comes along with a single-band 2.4 GHz channel that is great for streaming and browsing. The maximum speed attained by the router is 300 Mbps but strong connectivity always turns out to be helpful for your needs. You can also get easy parental control options with the Mi Wi-Fi app. You can control individual content and also time on the Internet for your use.
- Mi Wi-Fi application allows you to control the router from anywhere. You can get quick configuration settings.
- It features 4 high-performance antennas for better speed as well as coverage. Connect multiple devices on one go.
- Wi-Fi optimization option is included. It allows you to enhance network speed and also manage devices.
- Mi Smart Router 4C comes with QoS. These features are important to manage and allocate bandwidth requirements.
Verdict: As per customer reviews, the Mi Smart Router 4C is an amazing budget-friendly pick. At a price under 1000, this device comes with a dynamic range. It supports 4 antennas, which are capable of covering a large area of 400 square feet. This device allows you to get fast streaming and web browsing on Internet services.
Price: It is available for Rs.999.00
Choosing the best Wi-Fi router is always a difficult task. A lot of factors need to be looked at while choosing the best router for your needs. A deep understanding of what your applications will be and how many devices you will connect should be the top factor to consider. There are hundreds of products to choose from.
Here we have shortlisted the best Wi-Fi routers in India, which will help you select the best one. According to us, TP-link N300 could be an ideal purchase if you want a router for regular use. Alternatively, you can pick D-Link DIR-615 for any small space and TP-Link AC750 for large space requirements.
We hope that you’ll be able to find the best Wi-Fi routers from the recommended list mentioned above.
- Time is taken to research this article: 32 Hours.
- Total tools researched: 25
- Top tools shortlisted: 10