Select the best 4G LTE Signal Booster based on this review and comparison to amplify your 4G signal for better connectivity:
We all know how bad it can be one day if we don’t have proper data speed and good voice connectivity. Dead zones or poor signal coverage are likely, so a 4G LTE signal booster plays an important role in such scenarios.
To solve these connection and speed issues, a 4G LTE signal booster is used to amplify the poorer signal from your network and provide a powerful signal to your phone or other Wi-Fi devices.
This document will help you understand the different brands and models of 4G LTE signal boosters that will help eliminate weak signals and amplify your 4G signal so you have better connectivity for all your voice calls and data transmissions.
Apart from that, you will discover the major advantages and limitations of signal boosters. Finally, we will see how to install a 4G signal booster for maximum quality and coverage.
What You Will Learn:
- What Is 4G LTE Signal Booster
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List Of The Best 4G LTE Signal Boosters
- Comparison Of Top 4G Signal Booster
- Benefits And Limitations: 4G LTE signal booster
- #1) SureCall Flare Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit
- #2) weBoost Drive X (475021) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
- #3) Amazboost A1 Cell Phone Booster for Home
- #4) Hiboost Cell Phone Signal Booster
- #5) weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
- #6) Verizon Cell Phone Signal Booster 5G 4G LTE
- #7) Hiboost Cell Phone Signal Booster
- #8) Tri-Band Cell Phone Signal Booster Repeater For Verizon
- #9) Cell Phone Signal Booster Verizon 4G LTE 5G Signal Booster Band
- #10) AT&T Signal Booster 4G LTE 5G Cell Phone Signal Booster Band
- #11) Cell Phone Booster For Home and Office
- Install 4G LTE Signal Booster
What Is 4G LTE Signal Booster
It is a set of three devices used to boost or amplify a weak cellular (mobile) signal.
In other words, if you have a strong LTE or 4G signal outside your home or office but the signal is weak inside, then a Cell Phone Signal Booster can improve signal quality. Thus, a 4G signal booster is a very effective device for poor cellular signal coverage in homes, offices, buildings, and vehicles.
The signal booster comprises three main components, namely an external antenna, a signal booster, and an internal antenna.
Fact Check: The global signal booster market is projected to reach $10.7 billion by 2027. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 28.4% (Complex Annual Growth Rate). According to the research report, the consumer or retail segment can grow at a CAGR of 32.1% and reach $5 billion by the end of 2027. The market is set to strengthen the signal booster in the world’s second-largest economy, China, to reach $1.8 billion by the year 2027.
Pro Tip: The primary task of a 4G signal booster is to receive a weak signal from outside and amplify or enhance it, and broadcast a stronger signal inside. If you don’t have the signal outside, then the signal booster will not work.
So one needs to check the signal strength outside and it should be around a minimum of -111 to -119 dBm. To check the signal strength on your mobile phone, go to Settings -> About Phone (device) -> Status (Network)- > Signal Strength or Network Type and Strength.
It is recommended to go for FCC compliant signal boosters that are reliable and work efficiently. It is best to look for a free replacement or money-back offer, so if the booster doesn’t work in your area, then you can get it replaced or get money back.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) What is a 4G LTE signal booster?
Answer: A signal booster is a device that increases the signal strength of available cell phones in its vicinity. It receives the weak signal from outside and boosts it and broadcasts it inside the home or office premises.
Q #2) How do I install a 4G LTE booster?
Answer: Attach the external antenna where you will receive the maximum signal band on your phone and wrap the waterproof tape around the connector between the external antenna and the coaxial cable connecting the signal booster.
The second step is to install the internal antenna. It is recommended to fix it to the ceiling for better coverage and finally install a signal booster. The signal booster requires power, so plug it in near a wall outlet. After completing these steps your cellphones get the boosted signal.
Q #3) How does a 4G booster work?
Answer: The 4G booster device has three main components – an external antenna that detects the weak signals, an amplifier that amplifies weak signals, an internal antenna that transmits an amplified signal.
Q #4) How can I improve my 4G LTE signal strength?
Answer: Primarily, there are three ways to improve:
- Replace phone or connection media.
- Use an external antenna.
- Use a 4G signal booster.
Q #5) Do 4G LTE signal boosters work?
Answer: Yes, its function is to amplify weak 4G, LTE, and 3G cellular signals with the help of signal booster, external antenna, and internal antenna. FCC compliant amplifier is recommended.
Q #6) What is a good LTE signal strength?
Answer: -90 dBm (measured in decibels) on a 4G or LTE network is considered an excellent signal, while -70 dBm on a 3G network is considered a good signal strength. To check your current signal strength, select Settings > All about phone > Status or network > Signal strength or Network type and strength.
List Of The Best 4G LTE Signal Boosters
Below, you will find the list of popular 4g signal boosters:
- SureCall Flare Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit
- weBoost Drive X (475021) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
- Amazboost A1 Cell Phone Booster for Home
- Hiboost Cell Phone Signal Booster
- weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
- Verizon Cell Phone Signal Booster 5G 4G LTE
- Hiboost Cell Phone Signal Booster
- Tri-Band Cell Phone Signal Booster Repeater for Verizon
- Cell Phone Signal Booster Verizon 4G LTE 5G Signal Booster Band
- AT&T Signal Booster 4G LTE 5G Cell Phone Signal Booster Band
- Cell Phone Booster for Home and Office
Comparison Of Top 4G Signal Booster
|Name||Area covered||Top Features||Replacement /Warranty||Pricing|
|SureCall Flare||Up to 2500 sq. ft.||Compatible with 4G and 5G devices|
Designed and assembled in USA
|Need to confirm from customer service||$252|
|weBoost Drive X (475021) Vehicle Signal Booster||Best for car, truck, Van, SUV||Connectivity in remote areas|
Works with multiple users Supports all U.S. carrier networks
|30 day’s money back guarantee and 2-years warranty.||$399.99|
|Amazboost A1 Booster for Home||2500 sq. ft and above||Reduces electromagnetic radiation |
Compatible with all US carriers
U.S. based customer support
|3 years warranty||$249.99|
|Hiboost Cell 10k smart link Signal Booster||Up to 10,000 sq. ft.||Strong, durable, high-quality metal construction|
Boosts signal Up to 65 Decibel
Can be remotely monitored through app
|30 day money back guarantee and 3 years warranty||$549|
|weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Vehicle Signal Booster||74% greater range than weBoost Drive X 475021)||Hassle-free setup in any type of vehicle|
Magnetic antenna for faster installation
|30 day replacement and 2 years warranty||$499.99|
|Verizon Cell Phone Signal Booster 5G 4G LTE||up to 4,000 square feet||High Gain of 65db|
Boosts Cell Signal from 1-2 Bars to 3-5 Bars
Supports multiple cellular devices
|30-day money back and 1 year warranty||$149.99|
Benefits And Limitations: 4G LTE signal booster
Before we move on to the signal booster reviews, let’s have a look at its major benefits and limitations
Apart from high-speed Internet, stable connectivity, and reduced calls, it offers several other advantages, as listed below:
- A strong cell phone signal can save lives in the event of natural disasters, break-ins, and accidents.
- The battery life of the phone can be extended as a stronger signal requires less power to transmit and receive the signals.
- Reduction in landline bills as customers can completely reply on cellular phones.
- Most security measures in residential and office buildings require a strong cellular connection as a primary or backup network.
As these benefits sound overwhelming, there are some limitations as well.
- It will not work in a dead zone.
- Many buildings are not built with mobile signals in mind, so the actual coverage may vary.
- The signal coverage inside the premises mostly depends on building materials and other electronic devices installed.
- Not all signal boosters support all U.S carriers.
- If FCC compliant boosters are not used, then they may interfere with other signals, including emergency 911 calls, and also emit high radiation.
Let’s review the 4G LTE mobile signal boosters:
#1) SureCall Flare Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit
Best for small to medium-sized homes up to 2,500 square feet.
This award-winning signal booster is equipped with an external omnidirectional antenna and amplifier. It supports all carriers in North America.
This device will strengthen the voice and 4G LTE data signals on 5G phones and devices. It is equipped with 2XP technology for better connectivity to homes and small buildings.
- Area coverage up to 2,500 square feet.
- Compatible with 4G and 5G devices.
- FCC-approved signal repeater.
- Designed and assembled in the USA.
Verdict: Suitable for small and medium-sized houses with an area of up to 2,500 square meters. This is one of the easiest boosters to install without any leaking wires or drill holes. Since it is an FCC-approved booster, this increases its chances of working to specifications.
Price: $252 + shipping charges, if applicable
Website: SureCall Flare Cell Phone Signal Booster
#2) weBoost Drive X (475021) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
Best for cars, trucks, vans, SUVs.
If you are looking for an uninterrupted network connection in your vehicle with better sound connection, faster network connection, better audio, and video streaming, then weBoost Drive X (475021) vehicle Cell Phone Booster is the solution. Apart from that, it has a long battery life and supports 5G devices.
- Improves voice quality and data transfer.
- Maintains connectivity in remote areas.
- Works with multiple users and devices.
- Supports all U.S. carrier networks.
Verdict: Tool-free installation, FCC compliant, 5G support and compatibility with all US carriers make this signal booster a wonderful choice for vehicles.
Price: $399.99 with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 2-year warranty.
Website: weBoost Drive X (475021) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
#3) Amazboost A1 Cell Phone Booster for Home
Best for metal roofs on homes, offices, shops, buildings, warehouses,
This is FCC approved phone signal booster and is very easy to set up and can be done in much less time. To ensure an optimal output signal, it automatically adjusts system gain and power level without the need for manual intervention.
It increases the output signal by 100 times and maintains an area of 2,500 square meters and more. It keeps users connected across multiple devices like phones, tabs, modems, etc. simultaneously.
- Reduce electromagnetic radiation.
- Compatible with all US providers.
- Customer support in the US.
- Simultaneous support for multiple connection.
Verdict: Supports various devices such as all Android phones, iPhone, iPad, Samsung phones running on 2G, 3G and 4G signals and boosting voice, text, and data signals.
Price: $249.99 with 3 year’s warranty
#4) Hiboost Cell Phone Signal Booster
Best for medium to large homes up to 10,000 square feet.
It’s one of the top-notch advantages of being able to be controlled remotely via the HiBoost Signal Supervisor monitoring and troubleshooting application. It boosts weak signals and powerful signals are transmitted. It covers an area of up to 10,000 square feet.
It is compatible with all US and Canadian carriers and supports 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, and 5G devices. Signal strength can be monitored and adjusted via the LCD screen and controls on the front.
- Strong, durable, and high-quality metal construction.
- Boost signal up to 65 decibels.
- Can be monitored remotely via the app.
- Easy to install and set up and FCC compliant.
Verdict: This signal booster can cover an area of 10,000 square feet and support all American and Canadian service providers. Its remote monitoring and troubleshooting functions make it unique from other conventional signal boosters.
Price: $549 and comes with a 3-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
Website: Hiboost Cell Phone Signal Booster
#5) weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
Best suited for cars, trucks, vans, with 74% greater range compared to weBoost Drive X (475021).
Its multi-user functionality makes it compatible to connect any passenger with any mobile device.
This signal booster is known for its consistent connectivity, which results in reduced call drops, improved voice quality, and good data speed, even in remote areas. Other than 5G support, this is FCC compliant device and ensures longer battery life.
- Seamless adaptation to all types of vehicles.
- Optimized data.
- Magnetic antenna for faster installation.
- Uplink power 29.5 dBm and downlink power 5 dBm.
Verdict: It is a powerful cellular signal booster for vehicles such as cars, trucks, minibusses, and jeeps. Offers 74% more reach than weBoost Drive X (475021).
Price: $499.99. Comes with 30-day replacement and a 2-year warranty.
Website: weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster
#6) Verizon Cell Phone Signal Booster 5G 4G LTE
The best signal booster for village coverage, garages, basements, homes, offices, hotels and apartments.
It is used to enhance 4G LTE voice, text and data and allows multiple users to connect at the same time. This signal booster amplifies signal strength and covers up to 4,000 square feet.
It does not require any technical knowledge to install and to get better performance, it will automatically adjust the gain control regardless of signal strength. The Installation of this device reduces call drops, speeds data connectivity, and improves voice quality.
- High gain 65 db.
- Increase cellular signal from 1 to 2 bands to 3-5 bands.
- Support multiple mobile devices at the same time.
- Basement coverage.
Verdict: This 4G signal booster only works with Verizon 700MHz Band 13, so frequency needs to be confirmed before ordering. The company claims that the external antenna must receive at least 2 to 3 bars for this signal booster to work. You can use free apps like LTE Discovery and Lite Network Cell Info to check signal strength.
Price: $149.99 with a one-year warranty and 30-day money back.
#7) Hiboost Cell Phone Signal Booster
Best for small areas up to 4000 square meters.
It boosts weak signals to 4,000 square feet in homes, offices, businesses, and more. The HiBoost app helps fine-tune the output for maximum efficiency. Easy installation and no drilling required. It is developed with 5G technology in mind with FCC regulations.
It is compatible with all US and Canadian carriers like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Straight Talk, etc. and supports 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, and 5G devices
- FCC & IC Certified.
- Support all US and Canadian carriers.
- Compatible with 5G.
- Supports multi-user simultaneously.
Verdict: If you are looking for a signal booster to support small to mid-size premises, then this would be a good pick. The FCC and IC to cover all US and Canadian carriers that support 3G, 4G, and 5G devices also approved it.
Price: $389.99 with a 3-year warranty.
Website: Hiboost Cell Phone Signal Booster
#8) Tri-Band Cell Phone Signal Booster Repeater For Verizon
Best to cover 800 to 4500 square feet of home, office, basement, and garage areas.
It supports all phones in the 5 (850 MHz), 12/17 band (700 MHz AT&T), band 13 (700 MHz version). It improves voice quality, improves data transmission, and allows simultaneous connections to multiple users.
This signal amplifier is equipped with a directional panel and a high gain yagi antenna that increases signal strength by 32x. Its inactive mode automatically shuts down the device if no active connections are detected. This saves battery power and improves security.
Its inactivity mode switches off the device automatically if no active connections are found to save the battery power and it also increases safety.
- Automatic gain control.
- Self-oscillation elimination.
- FCC approved.
- Smart LED display.
Verdict: This 4G LTE signal booster covers an area of 800 to 4500 square feet to boost cellular signal for better voice and data connection. It only supports Verizon 5, 12, 13, 17 frequency ranges, so please check the frequency of your phone before buying this signal booster.
Price: $219.89. It comes with a 30-Day Money-back Guarantee besides a 3-Month Free Replacement and 5-Year Warranty.
#9) Cell Phone Signal Booster Verizon 4G LTE 5G Signal Booster Band
Best for Verizon networks only, best for small areas up to 3000 square feet.
This is one of the most affordable options for the Verizon network. It is a signal extender for the Verizon network and improves signal strength and data speed. This signal repeater works for Verizon’s 4G LTE and 5G networks and Band-13 and supports uplink: 776-787MHz and downlink: 746-757MHz.
This Verizon signal booster covers an area of up to 3,000 square meters and amplifies weak signals from 1 to 2 bars to 4-5 inside the house. It is recommended for home, basement, garage, remote area, etc.
- Noise reduction.
- Sleep mode to turn off the device when there is no active connection.
- Automatic gain control for better efficiency.
- Yagi antenna suppresses interference and improves signal strength.
Verdict: This Verizon repeater is useful for people who want fast surfing, fast video streaming, good connectivity for calls, and improved data transfer for uploading and downloading.
Price: $135 with 30-day money-back with a 2-year warranty.
#10) AT&T Signal Booster 4G LTE 5G Cell Phone Signal Booster Band
Best for AT&T, T-Mobile, cricket cellular network and covers up to 4000 square feet.
This signal booster supports multiple users and devices simultaneously. It solves the intermittent network signal and speeds up the transfer by 2x. Improves the signal reception for 4G/LTE and 5G networks.
It works for 700MHz frequency and band 12/17. We can use it at both indoor and outdoor places, covering up to 4000 square feet.
- Supports multiple users.
- Reduction in dropped calls.
- Improves data streaming.
- Omnidirectional Whip Antenna.
Verdict: This booster is for AT&T, cricket cellular network, and T-Mobile for all North American Users. It is best suited at indoor and outdoor areas like airports, tourist areas, golf courses, tunnels, residential and commercial places, etc.
Price: $148 with 30-day money-back guarantee and 2-year warranty.
#11) Cell Phone Booster For Home and Office
Best for increasing phone reception in homes and offices, covering 4,500 square feet
This signal booster is compatible with bands 2, 5, 12, and 17. Best for homes and offices covers 4500 square feet. This triple band signal booster amplifies the signal for 3g and 4g LTE voice calls and allows the simultaneous connection of 15+ users. Carriers like AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc. are supported by this booster.
- The output signal is controlled automatically for better efficiency.
- Self-oscillation elimination.
- Auto standby and active mode.
Verdict: The unique design with LED indicators on the front and features such as automatic gain control, automatic interference protection, and sleep mode make it ideal for 4,500 square meters of home and office space.
Price: Its price is $249.99 and 3-month free replacement. It has a 5-year warranty.
Website: Cell Phone Booster for Home and Office
Install 4G LTE Signal Booster
Let us see how to install a 4G LTE signal booster for maximum quality and coverage.
Most 4G LTE signal boosters consist of three components – an external antenna, a signal booster, and an internal antenna. Placing and installing these components in appropriate locations will increase the coverage area and improve signal reception.
- Before installing an external antenna, check the location where the maximum signal band is available. For this purpose, free apps can be used as LTE Discovery and Network Cell Info Lite. Once you have determined the location, attach the external antenna towards the tower.
- The second component, the signal booster, should be located in your home or office, where you can easily get a power outlet. It is recommended to install in a location with good ventilation.
- The third component, the internal antenna, can be ceiling-mounted for better coverage. Indoor and outdoor antennas must be over 22 feet apart, otherwise, a feedback loop will occur and distort the signal.
- Connect the coaxial cable to the internal/external antenna and the internal/external connector of the signal booster and finally connect the power supply to the amplifier and socket, where the LED will light up and start working.
=>> Visit waveform for a detailed installation guide.
The signal booster of choice for your home or office or any other personal or commercial location depends entirely on the area you want to cover.
If you are looking for a small premise to cover, the Amazboost A1 Booster and SureCall Flare Booster with an area of 800 square feet to 2,500 square feet is your best choice. Verizon 4G LTE 5G Booster and Tri-Band Booster Mobile support areas from 1000 to 4500 square feet.
Suggested Reading =>> Compare top WiFi Extenders
If you’re always on the go, you can opt for a vehicle signal booster like the weBoost Drive X (475021). If you want to cover large sizes like 10,000 square feet, the Hiboost 10K smart signal booster can be used.
- We spent 20 hours studying and researching various products to choose the best one for you.
- Total tools researched- 20
- Total tools shortlisted – 11