Through this tutorial, understand the reasons behind and explore the top effective methods to fix Message+ Keeps Stopping issue:
Nowadays, almost everybody uses social media to interact and share information with their near and dear ones. Also, social media has helped people to connect with different social media users worldwide based on the hobbies and interests they share.
There are various social media applications that you can use and create an account on them to connect with people based on your requirements.
In this article, we will discuss one such application known as Message+ and will learn the fixes related to the error Message+ keeps stopping.
What You Will Learn:
- What Is Message+
- Messag+ App Not Working: Reasons
- Methods To Fix Message+ Keeps Stopping Issue
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Message+
Verizon Message+ is an application that allows you to sync old messages and send new messages to different users around the world. This application is available to almost all US users, irrespective of prepaid or postpaid plans. Using a Wi-Fi connection, you can easily sync your messages with this application.
This application has an interactive UI for the users to use the application easily, but it is prone to numerous issues.
Here, we will discuss how to fix one of the issues known as Message+ keeps stopping error.
Messag+ App Not Working: Reasons
There are various reasons which might end up crashing applications, and some of them are discussed below:
#1) Cache Memory: Sometimes the cache memory of the application keeps repeating and fills up the cache storage, which results in the application crashing.
#2) Application Conflict: Applications also hold a conflict with the default messaging application or other application on your mobile phone, which results in the Message+ app not working.
#3) Firmware Glitch: The firmware version of the application might have some bugs, which can cause a firmware glitch, resulting in Message plus keeps stopping.
#4) Poorly Executed OS Update: When users update their devices, sometimes the updates are interrupted and are not installed as required. Such a situation causes applications to behave abnormally on your device and therefore results in messages that keep stopping.
Methods To Fix Message+ Keeps Stopping Issue
There are various ways to fix this issue, and we discussed some of them below:
Method 1: Restart Device
Sometimes there is no issue with the mobile phone, despite that, your application might crash. Therefore, the first thing that you need to do is try restarting your device.
To restart your device, press the Power button for 4-5 seconds, and then the Restart option will appear on your screen, then click on Restart, and your device will restart.
Method 2: Clear Cache Data
Many users have reported that the Message+ stopped working every time they use it, and a probable explanation for the same is that it might have used all cache storage. So you must clear cache data and try running the application again. Follow the steps listed below to clear the cache of your application:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Now search for Application Management. There would be a list of all applications installed on your device.
- Now click on the Message Plus app, and an option will appear as displayed below. Click on “Clear Cache”.
Method 3: Update Software
When users use an application, they come across various bugs in the mobile phone, which are then reported to the app developer, and the dedicated experts work on fixing those bugs. Such a process is followed each time, and users receive upgrades that help in improving the working of the application.
So you must make sure that you keep your mobile phone updated to the latest version as it reduces the chances of old bugs in your application, and it also helps you to come across various new features.
Method 4: Update Mobile Phone
As the mobile companies release new updates for various smartphone models periodically, in the same way, they release the updates for the applications, too. But there can be scenarios when your mobile phone is not in good shape, whereas your application is in great condition.
Also read =>> Unable to install iOS 15 update? Check fixes here
Therefore, you might require updating your device to make the application run smoothly on your device. You can easily reach the Mobile phone Update option in the Settings menu of your device and can look for new updates on your device and install those updates.
Method 5: Reinstall
While using the Message+ application, if you ever come across an issue and there are no available updates for the application or for the device, then you can uninstall the application and reinstall it from the PlayStore or the App Store.
Method 6: Factory Reset
If your mobile phone keeps crashing even after trying all other possible methods, opt for a factory reset which wipes all data from your mobile and makes your device a fresh piece again.
Follow the steps listed below to factory reset your device:
- Press the Power button and volume up button together for 4-5 seconds, and your phone will switch off.
- Now press the power button with the volume low button for 4-5 seconds, and your phone will display a white screen with a language option. Select the language.
- Now, various options will be displayed on the screen. Click on “Wipe Data”.
Method 7: Safe Mode
Safe mode in mobile phones is a model that starts with basic mobile phone files, and we cannot access other programs in this mode. By using safe mode, you can check whether the Message+ stopping issue is caused by the application itself or by some other application.
So follow the steps listed below to enter safe mode on your phone:
- Press the power button for 4-5 seconds, and the power off option will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the power off button for 4-5 seconds, and the safe mode option will appear on the screen. Click on the “Safe Mode” icon.
- Now the mobile phone will restart and start in safe mode. If you are using the launcher, then the icons might look different, but the basic menu icons will remain the same by default.
- Now start the Message+ application, and if it works normally, then follow the steps listed below.
- Open Settings and go to Applications. Uninstall any suspicious application.
- If you cannot delete an application, then go to application permissions in Settings and disable all permissions for the application and then uninstall it.
- Now power off the mobile phone and then power it on, and the suspicious application will be removed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) Why does the Message+ app keep stopping?
Answer: There are various reasons which can be responsible for the Message+ having stopped, and we listed some of them below:
- Firmware issues
- Cache recursion
- Other applications conflict
- Incomplete mobile phone update
Q #2) How do I stop the Message+ app from stopping?
Answer: Various fixes that can help you fix this issue are provided in the list below:
- Reinstall or update the application
- Restart device
- Factory Reset
- Update OS
Q #3) How do I fix Verizon Message+?
Answer: There are various ways and some of them are listed below:
- Clear Cache.
- Free up memory in the device.
- Check for another application conflict.
- Update application and OS.
Q #4) How do I reset my messaging app?
Answer: Follow these steps:
- Open Settings and search for applications.
- Now select the message application and click on Clear Data.
- Now your message app will be reset.
Q #5) Why does an app keep stopping?’
Answer: There are various reasons responsible for an app that keeps stopping, and some of them are listed below.
- Firmware bugs
- Mobile phone bugs
- Incomplete updates
- Application conflicts
Q #6) Will clear data erase all my messages?
Answer: Even if you clear data from your messaging application, it will not delete or erase your messages, whereas if you use wipe data, then it will clear all device data.
There are applications that show bugs, and errors and might even crash when you use them. But such issues can be fixed and resolved easily by making minor updates or changes in the settings.
In this article, we have discussed an error that is faced by most of the users, which is called the Message plus app not working. Also, we have discussed various ways to fix the error.