A Comprehensive Comparison of Bluehost Vs SiteGround Based on Features, Performance, and Price. Read This Article To Pick The Best Option for Your Business:
Bluehost and SiteGround are the two popular web hosting services. Bluehost is a trustworthy, budget-friendly, and efficient website hosting service.
SiteGround provides web hosting services that guarantee top speed and unmatched security. Both of them are trusted by more than 2 million websites.
What You Will Learn:
- Bluehost Vs SiteGround: An Overview
Bluehost Vs SiteGround: An Overview
Bluehost provides Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and WordPress Hosting. It also provides Site Analytics, Traffic Management, Security, and Backups. Special hosting options are available for WordPress and WooCommerce websites.
It can be used for small projects and online shops as well for managing high traffic.
SiteGround offers a fully-managed service with powerful solutions that are built in-house. It has services for Web Hosting, WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, and Cloud Hosting.
It follows a Security-first mindset. SiteGround offers free solutions for Site transfer and New site setup. It also provides an automated and daily backup facility for free of cost.
Here, in this article, we will compare these two services in detail. This detailed comparison of Features, Performance, and Pricing plans will help you to decide the right one for your business.
If we compare Bluehost and SiteGround for their popularity then according to Google, Bluehost is more popular than SiteGround.
The below graph will show you their Popularity details.
Also, the numbers provided by the keyword research tool say that Bluehost is more popular than SiteGround. You can refer to the below image to know more about this. This popularity comparison is based on searches and keywords. We are going to compare these two services for Performance, Features, Uptime, and Pricing as well.
Comparison Table Of Bluehost And SiteGround
The webpage is tested to check the performance of both the web hosting services. The below images show the details of this test. Test sites were used for this comparison. Based on this validation, we can say that SiteGround gives faster load time.
Performance Of Web Page With SiteGround
Performance Of Webpage With Bluehost
Bluehost Features vs SiteGround Features
Bluehost uses the Dual Quad Processor performance servers and Linux OS. It performs 24*7 network monitoring. Servers are SSL secured.
It provides various free website scripts. It is a complete web hosting solution for anyone from individuals to business owners. It is a full-featured service within the budget.
- It provides an easy to use Dashboard and Built-in security.
- It provides professional services such as full service for the website, SEO Services, Pay-Per-Click Services, and Website Design.
- Your website will be fully customizable.
SiteGround servers run on SSD disks and PHP7 with OpCache. It provides static caching and free CDN service. All these features will help to improve your website’s performance.
It manages the security at the server and application level. SiteGround provides the features of Managed WordPress, Easy site management, Domain Management, and Reliable email service.
- For Website Building, it can provide the site builder, premium features, and support to launch the site.
- It has a WordPress plugin to help you with Website Transfer or even their experts can do it.
- It can provide the services of WordPress installation, automated migrations, automatic updates, advanced caching, and expert WordPress support.
- SiteGround has collaboration tools to help you with managing clients, collaborating on sites, and transferring ownership.
If both of them are compared for Uptime then none of them will let you down. As per the reviews, no significant downtime is experienced with any of them. But again SiteGround will perform better than Bluehost.
You can refer to the below image for the Uptime comparison of both.
For overall hosting, Bluehost offers domain name and SSL certificates free of cost. It supports unlimited traffic. Site ground offers free solutions for site transfer and new site setup. It provides an automated and daily backup facility free of cost.
Bluehost web hosting solution can be used by a new website as well as websites with high traffic. It provides easy to use dashboard. It is a scalable solution with on-demand resources. It also provides a plan for resource-intensive needs.
SiteGround provides the solution that can be used for one as well as unlimited websites. It offers a webspace from 10 GB to 30 GB. It will allow you to select the plan based on the monthly visits. It will allow you to host multiple sites with dynamic caching and easy staging tool.
Security Features Comparison
SiteGround provides the solution with SSL, SFTP, and SSH access. It makes use of PHP7. It keeps updating the security rules every week and can block brute force attacks by monitoring the traffic. It provides the add-on SG Site Scanner which will scan your website.
Similar to SiteGround, Bluehost also provides the service with SSL, SFTP, and SSH access. It also offers an add-on SiteLock as an external security solution.
Pricing Plans Comparison
● Basic ($2.95 per month)
● Plus ($5.45 per month)
● Pro ($13.95 per month)
|Web Hosting, WordPress Hosting, and, WooCommerce Hosting:
● StartUp ($3.95 per month)
● GrowBig ($5.95 per month)
● GoGeek ($11.95 per month)
● Standard ($18.99 per month)
● Enhanced ($29.99 per month)
● Ultimate ($59.99 per month)
● Entry ($80 per month)
● Business ($120 per month)
● Business Plus ($160 per month)
● Super Power ($240 per month)
● Standard ($79.99 per month)
● Enhanced ($99.99 per month)
● Premium ($119.99 per month)
Pros And Cons
|Pros||● Bluehost offers good features for the price.|
● It offers free Domain names.
● It supports multiple domain hosting.
● It offers good storage and Uptime.
|● It provides good security features and performance to websites.
● It provides daily backup facility for free.
● It offers site migration services for free.
|Cons||● Your final price may get increased because of add-ons.|
● Windows hosting option is not available.
● It doesn’t offer free migration services.
|● SiteGround doesn’t offer free domain space.
● It offers limited disk-storage space.
● It is expensive when compared to other web hosting services.
Additional Comparison Points:
- SiteGround stores the daily backup for the last 30 days. You will be able to restore the previous backup quickly. Bluehost makes use of the third-party tool CodeGuard for the backup services. You will have to pay an additional cost for this tool.
- As per the reviews, some of the features for which SiteGround is better than Bluehost are automatic system updates, automatic plugin update, In-house caching system, and Staging area.
About The Company
Bluehost was launched in 2013. It has a revenue of $50 Million with the company size of more than 700 employees. SiteGround was launched in 2004. It has a revenue of $8.9 Million with the company size of more than 500 employees.
- If you want a beginner-friendly solution then Bluehost will be the right solution as its dashboard is more user-friendly.
- If you want a solution in a budget then also Bluehost will be the correct choice.
- If you are searching for the solution that will provide the best performance then you should go for SiteGround.
- If you are expecting better support from the company than SiteGround has good reviews for it.
This detailed comparison says that SiteGround will win over Bluehost for performance and hosting features and Bluehost beats SiteGround on pricing.
The right solution can be chosen based on one’s requirement. You can consider features, performance, storage space, and price for that.
For Example, SiteGround is good for performance but if someone is searching for the web hosting service for multiple sites within a small budget then Bluehost is a good option.
Both services have their own pros and cons, but the decision should be based on your needs.
Hope this detailed comparison will help you choose the best option for your business.