Looking For A Web Hosting Company? This In-Depth Review Will Tell You All About Bluehost vs GoDaddy:
Selecting the right website hosting company is indeed an important task.
From the stability and speed of a website to its uptime and security, everything depends on the quality of the web hosting services. If, later on, you find out that you have selected the wrong company, then switching to another hosting company can be an ordeal.
A bad website hosting firm can make you lose money. On the other hand, a good web hosting firm will let you focus on building your online reputation and reaping the rewards.
Website hosting providers provide storage space for storing files on the internet. After your website is uploaded on the server, the users who are connected to the net can access your site. You can think of web hosting service costs as the rent for the storage space on the World Wide Web.
You should compare the details of the hosting plans before selecting one for your website. This is important to ensure that the hosting company offers the best value services for you.
If you want online services to host your e-commerce site, web forum, or blog site, you should not focus on the price alone.
The first thing that you need to keep in mind while selecting a website hosting company is the quality of service and features. This Bluehost vs GoDaddy guide will help you select the right web host provider by giving a detailed review of the two leading companies that offer web hosting services.
What You Will Learn:
- A Quick Comparison: Bluehost vs GoDaddy
- Bluehost: A Detailed Review
- GoDaddy: A Detailed Review
A Quick Comparison: Bluehost vs GoDaddy
|Companies||Headquarter||Founded In||Package Details||Revenue||Employees||Our Ratings|
|Bluehost||Burlington, MA||2003||Web hosting - Shared, Dedicated, VPS, WordPress and WooCommerce hosting, |
Domain name registration
|GoDaddy||Scottsdale, Arizona||1997||Web hosting - Shared, Dedicated, VPS, and WordPress hosting|
Domain name registration
Bluehost: A Detailed Review
Official website: Bluehost
Bluehost is an established and popular web hosting company that was founded by Danny Ashworth and Matt Heaton. The company originally started as a free web hosting company named Ocatch.com that changed the name to Bluehost in 2003.
With its headquarters located in Burlington, MA, the company has expanded its reach to a global audience. The company has grown to a staff of more than 750 employees and hosts over 2 million websites collectively with sister sites FastDomain, HostMonster, and iPage.
Bluehost has been working with WordPress for over 10 years by providing support to the core development team. This business partnership has allowed the company to offer affordable and quality WordPress hosting services to its customers.
The company is a staunch supporter of the open-source community. The internal tools, scripts, and servers support for open source applications. That’s one reason for the high demand for hosting services across the globe.
Bluehost has positioned itself as the preferred hosting service provider for small businesses. The company has been able to provide quality hosting services
Bluehost offers five different website hosting plans. Let’s take a brief look at the different hosting plans along with their pricing details.
The shared hosting plan is Bluehost’s basic and cost-effective plan. The plan is ideal for beginners and small business owners.
Bluehost offers a four-tier pricing structure for shared web hosting that starts at $7.99 per month and goes up to $25.99 per month for the Pro version.
- The basic plan allows the hosting of one website, one domain, and 25 subdomains. The basic plan also offers 50GB SSD storage, up to 5 email accounts, and 500 emails per hour. You are allowed to store a maximum of 200,000 files and 20 MYSQL Databases with the maximum database size of 3 GB.
- The mid-tier package supports the hosting of unlimited websites, email accounts, SSD storage, and subdomains. The plans also come with Spam protection, domain privacy, and site backup features.
- The premium package of Bluehost contains a dedicated IP, premium SSL certificate, 300,000 files, and a maximum database size of 5 GB.
The company offers a number of add-ons to the customers. Customers can pay an extra fee for additional domain names, dedicated IP, premium SSL certifications, SPAM protection, Office 365, Data Privacy, SiteLock, SEO, and site backup.
|Additional Domain Names||$15.99|
|Premium SSL Certificates||$49.99|
|SpamExperts Mail Filtering||$35.88|
Dedicated Web Hosting
A dedicated hosting plan is the most expensive plan offered by Bluehost. The plan is appropriate for large firms that want optimum control and efficiency of online resources. When you select a dedicated saving plan, you are basically renting the entire physical server. This contrasts with a shared hosting plan in which the server resources are shared by multiple companies.
The dedicated platform is established on a scalable online operating system called OpenStack. The configurations are automatically set when you sign up for a plan. You can use the in-built server management tool and domain manager for managing server resources.
Bluehost offers four-tier packages for a dedicated platform that start at $109.99 per month and goes up to $249.99 per month.
- The Standard package includes dedicated server support with 2.3Ghz dual-core four-thread CPU with 3MB cache, 4GB Ram, 1TB RAID Level 1 Storage, and 5TB Network bandwidth. The plan also offers 3 dedicated IPs to its customers.
- The premium version offers a more powerful server that is 3.3Ghz quad-core eight-thread CPU with 8MB cache, 16GB Ram, 2TB storage, and 15GB bandwidth. This package also provides 5 dedicated IPs to the customers.
- Customers can also opt for additional SAN storage as per the following price details.
- 500GB at $50 per month
- 1TB at $100 per month
- 2TB at $200 per month
- 4TB at $400 per month
Virtual private server (VPS) hosting is the middle option between a shared and dedicated website hosting. This hosting plan involves sharing a physical server similar to a shared hosting plan. However, you get a dedicated virtual operating system that allows the server to function as an independent system.
The VPS hosting plan is built on a powerful online technology with CentOS root access. The KVM fictionalization tool helps in managing the online server resources.
VPS hosting plan is offered in four tiers similar to the other hosting plans. The plans start at $29.99 per month and go up to $119.99 per month.
- The basic package includes dedicated server support with 2.2 GHz dual-core CPU with 2GB Ram, 30GB SAN Storage, and 1TB Network bandwidth. The plan also offers one dedicated IP to customers.
- The premium version offers a more powerful server that is 2.2 GHz quad-core CPU with 8GB Ram, 120GB SAN Storage, and 3TB Network bandwidth. The plan also offers two dedicated IP. to customers.
As you might guess from the name, this hosting plan is optimized for WordPress websites. The plan is built on a VPS hosting solution with add-ons that make it ideal for websites and blogs built on the WordPress platform.
WordPress hosting plan is a little more expensive when compared to the VPS hosting plan upon which this plan is based. The price starts at $39.99 per month and goes up to $129.99 per month.
- The basic package includes server support with a dual-core CPU with 2GB Ram, 30GB Storage, and unmetered network bandwidth. The plan also offers one dedicated IP to customers.
- The premium version offers a more powerful server that is quad-core CPU with 8GB Ram, 240GB Storage, and unmetered Network bandwidth. The plan also offers one dedicated IP similar to the standard plan.
The hosting plan is optimized for holding WooCommerce websites. WooCommerce is an e-commerce plug-in for WordPress websites that expand the functionality of the software. This plan supports the installation of WooCommerce and WordPress sites with integrated social media reviews.
The WooCommerce package starts at $13.99 per month and goes up to $31.99 per month.
- The starter package supports 100GB web space, unmetered bandwidth, one parked domains, 5 subdomains and 5 email accounts with a 500MB limit for each account.
- The premium package consists of unlimited website space, parked domains, subdomains, and email accounts, and email storage space. The premium version also comes with a backup feature, domain privacy, spam protection, guaranteed high performance.
Benefits of Selecting Bluehost
Bluehost has the advantage of being an established brand name. The company is owned by one of the largest hosting corporations in the world – Endurance International Group.
A big reputable brand has a lot of advantages. Large companies have the resources to implement improvement in hosting services not possible by smaller firms.
Being a big brand, Bluehost has the required financial resources to make necessary upgrades for providing the best services to customers The company hires the best customer support team, engineers, and other executives to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Another advantage of selecting a big brand such as Bluehost is the assurance that the company will not be going to shut down in the near future.
As mentioned earlier, migrating to a new hosting provider can be a pain in the neck. So, the fact that the company will be here for long will be more convenient when compared to selecting a small, unknown web hosting company.
Most users have also praised the advanced SSL security feature of the hosting services. The hosting service supports a large number of databases including PHP, MySQL, CGI-BIN, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails, etc.
In addition, the hosting server supports free scripts for networking, mailing lists, blog support, message forums, Drupal, Joomla, and Tikiwiki.
Moreover, advanced plans of Bluehost have unlimited disk storage, email addresses, bandwidth, and domain hosting features. This makes it perfect for large businesses that require lots of online resources.
- Established brand name with high reliability and continuity of service.
- Advanced SSL security.
- Support for PHP, MySQL, CGI-BIN, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails, and more.
- Support for a large number of free scripts for networking, mailing lists, blog support, message forums, Drupal, Joomla, and Tikiwikki.
- Average speed: 400ms | Average uptime: 99.99% as per hostingfacts
GoDaddy: A Detailed Review
Official website: GoDaddy
GoDaddy was founded by Bob Parsons way back in 1997. The company has grown a lot over the years and today it is the largest domain name registering company. More than 8.8 million customers use the hosting plans of the company for making their websites visible online. The company claims to manage more than 78 million domains.
The shared hosting plan of Godaddy is less costly when compared to the shared hosting plan of Bluehost.
The basic plan starts at just $1 per month, while the premium plan goes up to $12.99 per month.
- The basic plan allows the hosting of one website and one domain. The basic plan also offers 100GB storage and unmetered bandwidth.
- The mid-tier package supports the hosting of unlimited websites, unlimited storage, and bandwidth.
- The Ultimate package of GoDaddy has the additional SSL security feature and offers double the memory and power when compared to the basic and mid-tiered plans.
Dedicated Web Hosting
The dedicated plan offers great flexibility and control over network resources.
The price of the dedicated IP plan starts at $89.99 per month and goes up to $179.99 per month. This plan is also less costly when compared to the Bluehost pricing plan.
GoDaddy dedicated hosting plans are not only cheaper but also boast more powerful server specs when compared to the Bluehost pricing plans.
- The basic package includes dedicated server support with 3.1Ghz quad-core CPU with 8GB Ram, 1TB RAID Level 1 Storage, and unmetered network bandwidth. The plan also offers 3 dedicated IPs to customers.
- The premium package includes dedicated server support with 3.1Ghz quad-core CPU with 32GB Ram, 2TB RAID Level 1 Storage, and unmetered network bandwidth. The plan also offers 3 dedicated IPs to customers similar to the standard plan. While the advanced version has a slightly less powerful CPU when compared to Bluehost advanced package, and the RAM and network bandwidth of GoDaddy offering is superior.
VPS hosting plan of GoDaddy is also cheaper as compared to Bluehost VPS hosting plan.
GoDaddy’s VPS hosting plan is offered in four tiers similar to other hosting plans. The price starts at $19.99 per month and goes up to $74.66 per month
- The basic package includes dedicated server support with 1GB RAM, 40 GB storage, and unmetered bandwidth. The plan also consists of 3 dedicated IPs.
- The premium version includes dedicated server support with 8GB RAM, 240 GB storage, and unmetered bandwidth. The plan also consists of 3 dedicated IPs similar to the standard plan.
All the plans consist of a 1-year SSL certificate for website security.
WordPress hosting plan is ideal for WordPress website. The plan consists of a drag-and-drop page editor and also default sites. The plan supports automatic WordPress security and software updates. Selecting this plan will result in up to 50 percent faster load times of WordPress websites.
- WordPress hosting plan starts at $1 per month and goes up to $34.99 per month. The basic package includes dedicated server support for 1 website, 10 GB storage, free daily backup, malware scans, signup forms, and a free domain.
- The premium version offers a more powerful package with hip to 50 websites, 200 GB storage, free daily backup, malware scans, signup forms, and a free domain. The package also supports free SSL certificate for each site, site maintenance tools, performance and uptime monitoring tools, and automated client support.
Benefits of Selecting GoDaddy
GoDaddy is the biggest website domain registration company. The company also offers website hosting plans at more competitive rates when compared to Bluehost.
Similar to Bluehost, GoDaddy is an established brand that has been operating for more than two decades. This ensures its continuity of services thereby avoiding the pain of moving the site to a new hosting company.
The company also supports Windows and Linux based servers. A lot of customers have also praised the responsive customer service support of the company.
The uptime and speed are by no means outstanding at least when compared to Bluehost, but most of them would find the performance suitable. When looking at the price of the packages, GoDaddy’s hosting plans certainly offer great value for money.
- Windows and Linux based servers.
- An established brand ensures continuity of services.
- Average speed: 517ms | Average uptime: 99.97% as per hostingfacts.com
Bluehost and GoDaddy are both established and well-known website hosting companies. Both the companies offer similar services including Shared, Dedicated, VPS, and WordPress hosting services. However, Bluehost provides additional WooCommerce website hosting support which is not offered by GoDaddy.
Apart from hosting service, Bluehost and GoDaddy also provide domain name registration services. The latter also provides SEO submission, website design, and email marketing packages by making it a one-window-solution provider for the website owners.
When it comes to pricing, GoDaddy is a clear winner. The company’s plans are not only comparatively cheaper, but they also offer similar and, in some cases, more powerful specs. Thus when it comes to value for money, GoDaddy provides a superior offer.
We hope this article has enriched your knowledge about Bluehost vs GoDaddy!!