Explore the List of the Top Time Management Apps with detailed comparison and features:
Time management is a skill to use your time effectively for performing any task.
Effective time management will help you to keep deadlines, avoid being stressed, improve your productivity & efficiency, and more importantly, it makes extra time for you. You will be able to maintain work-life balance by managing the time.
Effective time management is all about your absolute choices.
For perfect time management, you should be able to track your time. This will help you to find where your time is getting wasted. Time tracking software will help you with all this.
QUICK VIDEO: Tips for better Time Management
By tracking the time and letting you know about your distractions, these systems will help you to manage the time. Applications like Asana, Slack, or Evernote will help you in time management by managing your other tasks and simplifying the process.
Suggested Read => Best Time Tracking Software
Tips for effective time management:
Time management is the process of organizing, streamlining, prioritizing, economizing, and contributing. Time management apps will allow you to create to-do lists and prioritize the tasks, set alerts & reminders, organize the files & tasks, and streamline the communication between the team members.
Pro Tip: Selection of the time management app totally depends on your requirement as there are various types of applications that help you to manage the time. Some apps are for the organizations, some are for creating to-do lists, and some others are just for time tracking.
Based on your requirement you just need to select the category. Later, you can consider the price of the tool and its features.
Our TOP Recommendations:
|• Communication tools|
• Sales pipelines
• Account management
|• Free client users|
• Multiple views
• Advanced reporting
|• Comprehensive solution
• Workflow automation
• Fully customizable
|Price: $5 monthly|
Trial version: Infinite
|Price: $10.00 monthly |
Trial version: Infinite
|Price: $4.00 monthly
Trial version: 10 days
|Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>|
What You Will Learn:
- Best Time Management App
- Comparison of the Top Time Management Software
- Compare and Select the Best Time Tracking Systems and Save Time
- #1) Buddy Punch
- #2) Nifty
- #3) Wrike
- #4) Bonsai
- #5) Time Doctor
- #6) TMetric
- #7) Clockify Time App
- #8) Remember the Milk
- #9) Todoist Free Time Management App
- #10) RescueTime
- #11) Focus@will
- #12) My Life Organized
- #13) Toggl
- #14) Focus Booster
- #15) Dropbox
- #16) Evernote
- #17) Slack
- #18) Asana
- #19) monday.com
Best Time Management App
Enlisted below are the most popular Time Management software that are available in the market.
Comparison of the Top Time Management Software
|Time Management apps||Best For||Platform||Features||Free Trial||Price|
|Buddy Punch||Small to large businesses.||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||GPS Tracking, Vacation Tracking, Automatic Breaks, Over Time Calculations, etc.||Available||It starts at $25/month for 1-4 employees & annual billing.|
|Nifty||Small to large businesses & solo teams.||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.||Time tracking on tasks, detailed breakdown, reports across projects & tasks, etc.||Available for 14 days.||Starter: $39 per month
Pro: $79 per month
Business: $124 per month
Enterprise: Contact them to get a quote.
|Wrike||Small to large businesses.||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.||Easy to use with play & pause button, task time tracking, etc.||Available||Free: for 5 users
Enterprise: Get a quote.
|Bonsai||Small businesses, start-ups, and freelancers.||Mac, Android, iOS, Chrome extension.||Easy billing, invoice generation, project tracking.||Available||Starter plan: $17 per month, Professional plan: $32/month, Business plan: $52/month. (Billed Annually)|
|Time Doctor||Remote & hybrid teams.||Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, & Chrome.||Time Tracking, Payroll, web usage, screenshots, etc.||Available||It starts at $7/user/month.|
|TMetric||Small to Large businesses, Teams and Freelancers||Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iPhone, Browser extension.||Time tracking. |
Team & personal dashboards.
|Available (30 days)||Free: $0
|Clockify||Time tracking for individuals as well as teams.||Web, Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows.|
Works with all popular browsers.
|Easy user management. Project tracking. Unlimited users for free.||--||Free|
|Remember the Milk||Task Management for individuals as well as teams.||Web, Mac, Windows, Linux, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry 10, and Android phones & tablets||Attaching files to the tasks. Colorful to-do-lists, & sharing of lists. It can work offline in a web app.||--||Free account.
|Todoist||Time management for individuals as well as teams||Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, and Linux (Third Party), Apple Watch. Browsers: Chrome, Safari, and Firefox||Automatic reminders, Weekly and daily setting of goals, Progress visualization.||Business plan: 30 days||Free forever.
|RescueTime||Time tracking for individuals as well as teams.||Windows, Mac, Android, and Linux.||Detailed reports, Goals setting, Offline time tracking for meetings and phone calls.||Premium plan: 14 days.||RescueTime Lite: Free forever.
RescueTime Premium: $9/month
|Focus@will||Improving productivity by listening to music.||All devices.||More than 50 channels Built-in productivity tracker and timer. Improves concentration.||28 days||2-5 users: $9.95/user/month
6-50 users: $8.95/user/month.
51 to 150 users: $6.95/user/month. 151 to 250 users: $4.95 /user/month.
Compare and Select the Best Time Tracking Systems and Save Time
Fill out this short form to get the specific FREE recommendation for your needs:
#1) Buddy Punch
Best for small to large businesses.
Pricing: Buddy Punch offers a free trial for 30 days. There are two pricing plans, Time & attendance ($25 per month) and Time & attendance+Scheduling ($35 per month).
You can contact Buddy Punch if your requirement is for more than 200 employees. All these prices are for annual billing and 1-4 number of employees.
Buddy Punch provides the perfect solution for employee scheduling, management, and monitoring of a remote team. It is a web-based, advanced time clock program that will help you with employee tracking as well as tracking their time. It can track time on multiple devices.
- Buddy Punch can automatically split the time into various categories like regular time, overtime, and double time.
- It will allow you to login using various options like email address, username & password, unique QR code, and facial recognition.
- It can be integrated with payroll management products.
- It provides GPS tracking.
- It can track the time for projects and job codes.
- It provides the facility of PTO, sick, and Vacation Tracking.
Best for individuals as well as teams of all sizes.
- Starter: $39 per month
- Pro: $79 per month
- Business: $124 per month
- Enterprise: Contact them to get a quote.
All Plans Include:
- Unlimited active projects
- Unlimited guests & clients
- Docs & files
- Team chat
- Time tracking & reporting
- iOS, Android, and Desktop apps
- Google single sign-on (SSO)
- Open API
Nifty is a project management and collaboration hub that unites teams to work together. Team members use it to keep track of their workloads and billable hours. With Nifty’s time tracker (available as an add-on on any of Nifty’s plans), you can easily track your team’s logged hours by projects and tasks with detailed instant reports.
- Start tracking your time by clicking on the Start Time button on your task, stop tracking by clicking on the Stop button or by switching to another task.
- Get detailed breakdowns of your team members’ logged time by projects and tasks.
- Get reports by custom date ranges.
- Get instant reports across projects and tasks.
- Export timesheets as a .cvs file or download as PDF.
- Integrate Nifty with other tools via Zapier for more efficiency.
Best for small to large businesses.
Pricing: Wrike offers a free plan for 5 users. Three more plans are also available, Professional ($0, special offer), Business ($24.80 per user per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote). A free trial is available for the product.
Wrike Project Management platform is an online solution that contains the functionality for time tracking. Wrike can track the time with its task timer. It is easy to use through its play and pause buttons. It will be seen at the top position of your workspace.
It will work even though the browser is closed. At a time it can track the time for one task.
- Wrike has customizable dashboards that will let you organize everything you need to complete the project.
- Wrike is a scalable solution that can be used across the globe for work management.
- Wrike can be a solution for several teams like Marketing, Creative, Project Management, Product development, Business Operations, and Professional Services.
- It can be integrated with business tools like Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Slack, etc.
Best for Small businesses, start-ups, and freelancers.
Price: Starter plan: $17 per month, Professional plan: $32/month, Business plan: $52/month. All of these plans are billed annually. The first two months of Bonsai with a yearly plan are free.
With Bonsai, you get an advanced time-tracker that was made for the specific needs of freelancers. The software tracks time based on the hourly rate you’ve set for the work you do. The software takes your completed time-sheet into consideration to automatically generate an invoice, thus saving you tons of time.
- Time-tracking on the basis of hourly set rate.
- Automatic invoice generation.
- Track time on every single project on Bonsai.
- Send invites to initiate team collaboration on projects.
#5) Time Doctor
Best for remote & hybrid teams and small to large businesses.
Pricing: You can try the Time Doctor free for 14 days. It offers three pricing plans, Basic ($7 user/month), Standard ($10 user/month), and Premium ($20 user/month).
Time Doctor is a customizable time tracking software that supports all devices including iOS and Android devices. It provides privacy and security to the data by encrypting it. Time Doctor can track the offline data and then sync the data to your account once you are online.
- Accurate time tracking to bill clients and employee payments.
- It will let you edit the time manually.
- For project management and budgeting, you can integrate the tool with the already using tools like Slack, Wrike, etc.
- It measures productivity and provides summary reports.
Best for small to large businesses.
Pricing: TMetric promotes time tracking for everyone and this results in different user plans (one free and two paid). A free subscription with basic features is free for teams of up to 5 users.
Paid plans come with a ton of extra features that give businesses new tools for enhancing worker efficiency and expanding corporate operations, they are Professional at 5$ and Business at $7 per user/month. A 30-day free trial of the product is also available.
A variety of resources have ranked TMetric, a productivity tool, as one of the finest time-tracking apps. It can assist you in managing tasks and projects, tracking PTO (paid time off), and project budgets. It will automate time tracking, function on all devices, and interface with the majority of productivity applications to make time calculations accurate and simple.
Regardless of your degree of experience, managing productivity is a critical component of any business. This explains why companies select TMetric as one tool to handle time tracking without concern.
- Tracking time with the timer and adding manually Team and personal dashboards.
- Multiple reporting options Project and task management Billing and invoicing.
- Time Off Management
- Integrations with 50+ popular systems.
#7) Clockify Time App
Best for time tracking for individuals as well as teams.
Price: It is free forever for an unlimited number of users.
Clockify provides the time management application for free. It is a web-based application and can be used on desktops and mobiles for time tracking. It has an app for Windows and Mac desktop. It has an app for Android, iPhone, and iPad.
- Reports will provide insights about employees and their tasks. It will help you to calculate the bill for clients as well as pay for the employees.
- You can export the reports in PDF, CSV, and Excel format.
- It will allow you to add an unlimited number of users.
- There can be multiple accounts or workspaces.
- The tool will allow you to set the permissions.
- It will allow you to group the people for easier user management.
- It will help you with project tracking.
#8) Remember the Milk
Best for task management for individuals as well as teams.
Price: You can sign up for free and have a free account. One upgrade plan is also available for $39.99 per year.
Remember the milk is an online application for task management.
It will allow you to manage the time by creating the to-do lists. It will assist you with time management through a lot of functionalities like adding tasks & sub-tasks, creating lists, and getting reminded for these tasks. This app will sync with all your devices.
- You can create as many lists as you want.
- Tasks and sub-tasks can be created.
- You can make the to-do-lists much colorful using tags.
- The app will allow you to attach files for the tasks from Dropbox and Google Drive.
- You can share your lists.
- It can work offline in a web app.
Website: Remember the Milk
#9) Todoist Free Time Management App
Best for time management features.
Price: Todoist is free forever. The premium plan is available for $4 per month. It offers a Business plan for teams which will cost you $5 per user per month. Free trial of a Business plan is also available for 30 days.
Todoist will help you to manage everything from one place. It works on any device. It provides the feature of setting goals and visualizing the progress. With a paid plan, you will get more features like automatic reminders, template creation, and automatic backup of data.
- You can set daily and weekly goals.
- You can visualize your progress.
- It will allow you to review your completed tasks.
- Todoist can take an automatic backup of your data.
- It will allow you to create your own templates for projects.
- Automatic reminders.
Best for time tracking for individuals and teams.
Price: RescueTime Lite is free forever. RescueTime Premium is for $9 per month. You can try RescueTime Premium for 14 days.
RescueTime is a time management software which will provide you the analytics for your computer activities by tracking the time. It will help you to become more productive. It will allow you to pause and unpause the time tracking. It offers bank-level security.
- It will allow you to create alerts for notifications.
- It can track offline activities like meetings and phone calls.
- It can provide three months of report history with a free plan and an unlimited report history with a paid plan.
- It will allow you to block websites to avoid distractions and become focused on the accomplishment of your goals.
Also Read => Top Time Tracking App for Freelancers
Best for improving productivity by listening to music.
Price: It provides a free trial for 28 days. For 2 to 5 users, the cost will be $9.95/user/month. For 6 to 50 users, it is $8.95/user/month, for 51 to 150 users, it is $6.95/user/month, for 151 to 250 users, it is $4.95 /user/month.
You can contact the company for prices for more than 250 users. Annual plans are also available.
Focus@will provides you the music according to your personality. This music will help to improve focus and productivity. It is specially made for your unique personality.
- It is a scientifically designed music to improve your concentration, efficacy, and productivity.
- It provides 50 channels of music.
- It has built-in productivity tracker and timer.
#12) My Life Organized
Best for task management for individuals.
Price: MLO provides a free trial for 45 days. It has categorized the pricing plans into four parts. MLO for Windows has two plan i.e. Standard ($49.95) and Professional ($59.95).
For Cloud Sync service, you can pay half-yearly (6 months: $9.95) and Yearly (Year: $14.95). MLO for Android has a free and professional plan ($29.99). MLO for iOS also has a free and Professional plan ($29.99).
My Life Organized (MLO) is a task management software for individuals.
It can be used on Windows and Mac desktop, iPhone, iPad, Android phone, and Android Tablet. It provides a simple interface for creation of to-do-lists. Using lists and reminders, MLO will help you to manage tasks and thereby will help for time management.
- It is easy to create new tasks and new lists with a drag-and-drop interface.
- It supports hierarchical lists.
- Smart reminders: It can send reminders based on the location.
- Data sync across all your devices.
Website: My Life Organized
Best for time tracking and can be used by agencies, small businesses, and teams.
Price: Toggl has three pricing plans i.e. Starter ($9 per user per month), Premium ($18 per user per month), and Enterprise (Custom pricing). It provides a basic plan as well for free.
Toggl will help you in time management by tracking the time. It provides simple time tracking with flexible reporting features. It can track the time on all your devices. Time tracked using the Toggl mobile app, desktop app, or Chrome extension will all be synced.
- It is easy to use.
- It has flexible and powerful reporting.
- It can be used on any device.
- Time breakdown according to project, client, and task.
#14) Focus Booster
Best for Time tracking with time management sessions for individuals and teams.
Price: A free trial is available for 30 days for all the plans. It offers three plans i.e. Starter (Free), Individual ($2.99 per month), and Professional ($4.99 per month).
Focus Booster will help you to improve your focus and productivity by using time management method - Promodoro technique. It can be used online, on Windows, Mac, or on Mobiles. It supports manual as well as automatic time recording.
- It will help you to maintain the focus.
- It assists you to manage distractions.
- Time will automatically get recorded in a timesheet.
- The tool will allow you to generate invoices.
- Reports can be exported in CSV formats.
Website: Focus Booster
Best for file organization features for teams and individuals.
Price: Dropbox offers two plans for individuals i.e. Plus ($8.25 per month) and Professional ($16.58 per month). For teams also, it has two plans i.e. Standard ($12.50 per user per month) and Advanced ($20 per user per month). A free trial is available for Professional, Standard, and Advanced plans.
Dropbox provides the workspace to store, access, and share your work. It will help you to manage the time by organizing all your files in one place. It is accessible from the desktop as well as mobiles. It simplifies your time management task.
- It will help you to organize all your files in one place.
- It is easy to track down the work with Dropbox.
- It will allow you to collaborate on any file type like presentations and designs.
- Dropbox Paper will help you to become more creative. It can hold images, videos, sound, code, or anything.
Best for writing notes for individuals and teams.
Evernote will help you to manage the time by organizing the notes and keeping your memos in sync. You can create to-do lists with the Evernote app. It supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry. Web clipper feature will allow you to save web pages, articles, and PDFs.
Suggested read =>> Best Evernote Competitors
- You can create templates for the faster creation of notes.
- For quicker access to the information or document, it will allow you to search for PDFs and documents.
- It will allow you to collaborate with teams.
- It can read your handwriting.
Best for collaboration features for teams.
Price: Slack has three pricing plans i.e. Free (Forever for small teams), Standard ($6.67 per user per month), and Plus ($12.50 per user per month). A free trial is also available for the application.
It will help in time management through collaboration, communication, files sharing, and by integrating tools with slack. It will keep everything organized, even the conversations are organized and searchable.
- It will allow you to collaborate with companies and businesses that you work with.
- It will allow you to do video and voice calls.
- It provides a drag-and-drop interface for file sharing.
- It can be integrated with 1500 apps.
Best for project management
Price: Asana has four pricing plans i.e. Basic, Premium ($9.99 per user per month), Business ($19.99 per user per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote).
Asana will help you in time management by managing your projects, tasks, and work. For time management it will allow you to set goals and prioritize the tasks. It tracks the progress of the work in order to improve your productivity and to keep you stay focused.
- It will provide you real-time updates by tracking the progress.
- It will streamline communication.
- It will allow you to set the goals.
- You can prioritize the tasks.
Best for small to large businesses.
Price: monday.com has four pricing plans, Basic ($17 per month), Standard ($26 per month), Pro ($39 per month), and Enterprise (Get a quote). All these prices are for 2 users and if billed annually. It offers a free trial for the product. You can choose the number of users as per your requirement.
monday.com provides the platform for time management. You will be able to manage and track time in one tool. You can easily switch the timer on or off. It will allow you to enter the time manually. monday.com can be integrated with the tool of your choice. It provides a mobile app to track the time anywhere anytime.
- You have a facility to enter the time manually.
- It can be integrated in no time with your favorite tool.
- You will be able to track the time anywhere anytime with a mobile app.
- It provides a flexible reporting feature that will let you get the time breakdown by projects, clients, and tasks.
Best for Remote teams, Small business, and Freelancers.
Pricing: 4,99 per user/monthly
Monitask provides time tracking and task management application. It has a web-based report system that can be used on desktops and mobiles. It has an app for Windows and Mac desktop.
- Time tracking for employees and their tasks.
- Export the reports in CSV to get more insights and flexibility.
- It will allow you to add an unlimited number of users.
- Grout the people for easier user management.
- Task tracking
Best for Small to large businesses & freelancers
Paymo Pricing: Paymo offers a free plan. A free trial is also available for 15 days. There are two pricing plans, Small Office ($8.95 per user per month) and Business ($14.25 per user per month). All these prices are for annual billing.
To make the projects profitable, Paymo provides time tracking functionalities. Along with time tracking, Paymo provides the functionalities of budgeting, resource calendar, and converting time to invoice. These functionalities will give you insights about your team’s time. Paymo will capture the work in detail.
- For your entire team, Paymo can provide the details like who is tracking time, when, and in what format, etc.
- It allows you to customize the timesheet settings.
- Active timers will let you track all running timers in parallel for your team members.
- Paymo provides live reports.
We have seen the top time management apps in this article. monday.com would be the best choice for businesses of all sizes.
Clockify is a completely free time management software that will help individuals and teams to track the time. Remember the milk is the task management app for individuals and teams. It will help you with time management through reminders on your mobile.
Todoist will help you with time management by providing a single platform for setting goals, reminders, and for visualizing the progress. RescueTime is for teams as well as individuals. It will provide you detailed analytics for your time on the computer.
Focus@will provides you a specially created music that will help you to improve your concentration and get more productive. With improved concentration and productivity, you will be able to do more and manage the time. My Life Organized will help you to manage the time through task management. It provides task management features for individuals.
Toggl is a time tracking software for agencies, small businesses, and teams. Focus Booster tracks the time and it is based on the time management method - Pomodoro technique and it provides the sessions for the same. Dropbox helps in time management by organizing your files at one place.
Further reading =>> Best alternatives to Culture Amp People Management tool
Hope this article will help you in choosing the right Time Management Software!!