I am in process to compile a list of good books on software testing. Soon I will share this list with you. But lately I am getting too many requests to share any book on software testing for preparing software testing interviews. So here is a quick post to share an online testing book I found “A Software Testing Primer” by Nick Jenkins.
Basically this book is an introduction to software testing. So those who are new to software testing field can start their preparation by reading this book. You will get basic idea of manual and automation testing.
Here is a summary of what this book is covering:
- What is the need of software testing?
- Different software development models
- Testing in the software development life cycle
- How to develop testing mindset?
- Regression Vs. Retesting
- White box Vs. Black box testing
- Verification and validation
- Alpha and beta testing
- Unit, Integration and System testing
- Acceptance testing
- Automation testing – Basics
- Testing the design
- Usability testing
- Performance testing
- Test planning
- Test estimation
- Test cases and elements of test cases
- Test tracking, Test planning and Test plan review
- How to manage defects and defect reports?
- Test metrics for testers
- Product release control
In all this book is a nice introduction to software testing. Author explained some key software testing concepts like Regression and Retesting difference, Alpha and beta testing etc. where many testers get confused.
Download “Testing Primer” book:
=> To download this book follow these 3 easy steps
What is your favorite software testing book? Also share your ‘best software testing book’ experience with our readers.