Most Frequently used Document Management System:
With the ongoing process of Digitization, people wish to reduce their paper-based work and expect to have access to their important documents from anywhere and at any time.
Document Management Systems are the best solution to make this task a much easier one. PDF Readers are the best example of a Document Management System through which you can access the PDF file offline and store it to view and even print and publish it anytime at any place.
Document Management Systems is also known as Content Management System and is widely considered as a component of Enterprise Content Management (ECM). This is related to Record Management, Workflows, Digital Asset Management, etc.
In this tutorial, we will take an in-depth look at the most popular Document Management Systems which are used by a number of successful organizations to manage their paper-based documents in an efficient manner.
You can also check the latest list here:
What You Will Learn:
- What Is Document Management?
- Most Popular Document Management Systems
- #1) Confluence
- #2) ClickUp
- #3) Smartsheet
- #4) monday.com
- #5) Zoho Projects
- #6) Nanonets
- #7) HubSpot
- #8) Teamwork Spaces
- #9) pCloud
- #10) Orangedox
- #11) Alfresco
- #12) LogicalDOC
- #13) Feng Office
- #14) Nuxeo
- #15) KnowledgeTree
- #16) Seed DMS
- #17) Casebox
- #18) MasterControl Documents
- #19) M-Files
- #20) Worldox
- #21) Dokmee
- #22) Ademero
What Is Document Management?
Document Management can be defined as the way which is used by organizations to manage and track electronic documents.
Suggested Read => 10 Top Document Management Software
Guidelines for a better understanding of Document management:
- Simultaneous but separate editing of documents to avoid conflict of overwriting.
- To roll back to the last accurate version of the document in case of any error.
- Version control to differentiate between two different versions.
- Reconstruction of documents.
Today, Document Management is available from small stand-alone applications to large-scale enterprise-wide configurations that incorporate standard document filling features.
These features include:
- Storage Location
- Security and access control
- Auditing and Indexing
- Classification, Search and retrieval
- Integration with desktop application
Document Management refers to managing and accessing documents electronically.
Enterprise Content Management Systems manages and controls digital documents created using Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software like CAD etc.
The Electronic Document Management System should contain the components given below to be proven efficient:
- Import: To open a new document into the system.
- Storage: To maintain system files and utilize storage.
- Identity: To retrieve documents with accuracy by assigning indexes.
- Export: To remove items from the system.
- Security: Password-protection on certain files for authorized users.
Our TOP Recommendations:
|• Page Tree|
• Remote Collaboration
• Document Management
|• Visual Dashboard|
• Kanban & Gantt Views
|• Content Management|
• Workflow Automation
• Team Collaboration
|• Task Planning
• Task Automation
• Team Collaboration
|Price: $5.75 monthly|
Trial version: 7 days
|Price: $5 monthly|
Trial version: Infinite
|Price: $7 monthly|
Trial version: 30 days
|Price: $8 monthly
Trial version: 14 days
|Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>||Visit Site >>|
Most Popular Document Management Systems
Let’s review some of the popular Document Management platforms that are used widely to reduce paper-based documentation and improve the document-based performance of an organization.
- Zoho Projects
- Teamwork Spaces
- Feng Office
- Seed DMS
- MasterControl Documents
- Virtual workspace for remote team collaboration.
- Content creation and discovery are made simple with structured pages and spaces.
- Build a knowledge base for product requirements and documentation.
- Edit projects in collaboration with team members in real time.
- Share and protect sensitive data and information with permission settings.
- Integrate seamlessly with other Atlassian apps like Jira and Trello.
- ClickUp provides the features for creating docs, wikis, knowledge bases, etc.
- It has text editing capabilities.
- It allows collaborating with multiplayer editing.
- It provides features for sharing documents and setting the custom permissions.
- To add the comment in the document it has features of highlighting the text.
- With Smartsheet, you get a document management platform that is custom-designed to best cater to your business’s specific needs and demands
- The platform helps users plan, manage, capture and report on work, regardless of where they are.
- The platform provides business teams with a live visual dashboard where they can collaborate with each other on a particular task remotely.
- Users get to report on key metrics and get real-time visibility into their tasks.
- Smartsheet efficiently automates workflows to keep each and every member of the team informed and connected throughout as they work towards completing their tasks on the platform.
- monday.com is a cloud-based document management software that arms you with all the tools you need to centralize and plan your project from its inception to its eventual conclusion.
- The platform provides you with customizable forms, which you can use to create items in a short span of time.
- It is also very easy to automate project approvals and tasks using monday.com
- The platform also allows you to collaborate with your team members on a document online in real-time. You can chat, assign changes, and tag people or groups onto a document.
- The project dashboard gives you clear insights into your tasks with comprehensive stats, metrics, and insights.
- Also, the data monday.com provides you with about your work in real-time can be leveraged to track, monitor, and eliminate project risks.
#5) Zoho Projects
- Zoho Projects is a software that allows you centrally organize and securely store all sorts of documents.
- The documents stored can be organized hierarchically on the basis of structure and workflow.
- The files can easily be shared with team members from a single place.
- The tool automates key document management processes like access control, document retrieval, and revision tracking.
- Lets you search for documents easily with the help of information like titles and content.
- You also get the privilege to control access permission to documents.
- Nanonets is a comprehensive document management system with an intuitive user interface and advanced features for end-to-end automated document management.
- You can organize documents, capture data from documents using OCR, and automate data entry into ERPs with 99%+ accuracy.
- It automates document versioning, approvals, annotation, and verification processes with automated workflows.
- The software allows you complete control over your documents with encrypted files, role-based access, and password-protected document storage facilities.
- You can collaborate with your team with email notifications, assign files for review, and track real-time progress on tasks.
- It maintains an activity log of all document actions for audit automatically.
- Nanonets integrates with 5000+ software using API, out-of-the-box integrations, or Zapier.
- Apart from these, Nanonets provides features like full-text search, document indexing, document classification, compliance management, access control, and free trial.
- HubSpot Sales Document Management and Sales Tracking Software will be helpful for building a library of sales content for the entire team.
- You will be able to share documents from your Gmail or Outlook inbox.
- It will alert you when the prospects will get engaged with the content sent by you.
- It will provide insights on how the sales content is helpful to move your sales process forward, how often the content is used by the team.
- HubSpot has all-in-one Sales Software with a lot of features like Email Tracking, Email Scheduling, Sales automation, live chat, reporting, etc.
#8) Teamwork Spaces
- Teamwork Spaces offers document management software that comes jam-packed with features that simplify the process of task management.
- The software allows you to edit your tasks in a real-time collaborative environment alongside your team.
- The platform allows you to integrate videos, images, and charts into your documents to make them more engaging.
- You can manage who has access to what parts of the document with the help of advanced permission and user management features.
- The platform also offers a plethora of tools to help users seamlessly collaborate across teams and receive feedback from clients.
- pCloud will let you set the group permissions or individual access levels.
- You can control data access through shared folders.
- It will let you comment on files & folders.
- It maintains detailed logs for account activity.
- You can access any previous version of your files.
- It has functionalities for file management, sharing, securing, file versioning, file backup, and digital asset management.
Orangedox is a tool that will help you track whenever documents on your Google Drive are downloaded or viewed. The tool will help you track down exactly who’s accessing the document. This information will also include what document they’ve accessed and when they had accessed it.
Furthermore, you’ll know precisely what pages were viewed and how long were they opened for. It is a great platform for marketers who want to track the performance of all their published marketing material across the web as well.
- Unlimited document shares
- Detailed Document Tracking
- Auto sync with Google Drive and Dropbox
- Real-time access control
- It is an Open source ECM that provides document management, collaboration, knowledge and web content management, record & image management, content repository, and workflow
- It supports the Common Interface File System (CIFS) that enables document compatibility with Windows as well as Unix like Operating Systems.
- Alfresco comes with API support and works as a back-end to store and retrieve the content.
- Easy customization and version control are the best features of Alfresco but are quite complex to use
Official Link: Alfresco
- LogicalDOC is an open-source Java-based system and can be accessible by any web browser
- This system can be accessed on your own network and it allows to create and manage any number of documents.
- Helps to improve productivity and collaboration of document management systems.
- Avails quick access and easy retrieval of content.
- It uses Java Frameworks like Hibernate, Lucene, and Spring to provide a highly flexible Document Management solution.
- It comes with a set of well-defined API to integrate with third-party applications.
Official Link: LogicalDOC
#13) Feng Office
- Feng Office is an open-source DMS with a web-based collaboration platform.
- Some good features of the Feng Office include time tracking, Gantt Chart, task management, and knowledge management.
- It is user-friendly and allows you to tag items.
- You can even track and mail the content to multiple users at the same time.
- The only drawback is that it makes some of its features paid-only with every update.
Official Link: Feng Office
Further Reading => Have you tried these Netsuite Integrations for Document Management
- Nuxeo is an open-source system that manages the flow of content through the business cycle.
- The proven system reduces the time consumption required for content search and retrieval.
- It provides a number of ways to capture the contents including image scanning.
- Audit logging is one of the good features that you can use to track the content and is an easier way too.
- Serves a rich set of APIs, robust platform, easy customization, and maintenance of projects.
- But it is quite tricky for beginners and some instance customization may become complex as well.
Official Link: Nuxeo
- An open-source document management system that allows to track, share and secure the content.
- Possess features like Metadata, Workflow, Version Controlled Document Repository, and WebDAV support.
- You can retrieve the right content at the right time.
- Quick-play feature enables the user to create and manage the cadences of content.
Official Link: KnowledgeTree
#16) Seed DMS
- Seed DMS is a user-friendly and an open-source Document Management System.
- This DMS is particularly based on PHP, MySQL, and sqlite3.
- Served as a fully developed enterprise-ready platform for tracing, accessing, storing and sharing documents.
- It can be considered as the next version of LetoDMS and is fully compatible with it.
- Allows editing documents available in HTML format.
- You can prepare an online presentation and it enables Real-time collaboration.
Official Link: Seed DMS
- Casebox is an extensible tool to extend the content, project and human resource management.
- It is designed to support Task Management, Monitoring, Full-Text Search, Data Legacy, etc.
- Also, Casebox comes with an excellent version control mechanism and serves conditional logic to support record management.
- Casebox helps you to store and lock multiple files at a single place with user control on it.
- Casebox also provides secure hosting with the help of SSL encryption on an encrypted server.
- The Virtual Private Network(VPN) can keep your communication secure.
Official Link: Casebox
#18) MasterControl Documents
- MasterControl Inc. is a commercial cloud-based one that enables faster delivery of the product by reducing the overall cost and time consumption required for managing documents and contents.
- Increases the efficiency of the product and securely manages the company’s information
- This system provides features like document control, audit management, quality management, and other regulatory processes.
- Apart from these, there are some other features served by this tool such as Compliance Management, Collaboration, Access Control, Print Management, Version Control, Document Delivery & Indexing, Collaboration, and Full-Text Search.
Official Link: MasterControl
- M-Files helps to manage your information securely with its Check-out feature.
- This feature keeps track of your documents with every small and big change.
- It is a useful, easy-to-implement system and robust Document Management System.
- It is available for Windows and Mac as well, also compatible with Android and iOS devices.
- M-files can be easily integrated with other applications and avoids duplication.
Official Link: M-Files
- Worldox is a commercial and comprehensive system that manages documents and emails.
- Worldox comes with Indexing features named Archiving and Retention which makes the data available instantly whenever required.
- It can be integrated with SharePoint and deployed with Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Cloud.
- Document management features of Worldox include Compliance Management, Access Control, Document Conversion and Indexing, Email Management, Version Control, and Full-Text Search.
Official Link: Worldox
- Dokmee is a cloud-based commercial Document Management System with the efficiency and security of your documents.
- Dokmee provides multiple desktops as well as web configuration, user-friendly interface, capturing and editing tools.
- Dokmee supports excellent automation features with core-indexing and search functions.
- Enables a set of document-imaging and tracking tools for better support.
Official Link: Dokmee
- Support the Centralized Control Mechanism to store your documents at a single location.
- Your digital documents can be organized quickly with logical expertise and be made available as both commercial and open-source versions.
- Scanned documents can be converted into word-searchable-PDFs using Optical Character Recognition(OCR) feature.
- The web-based agile system saves your file to the cloud but does not automatically back up your data and no data can be restored.
- Compatible with all the operating systems and thereby allows full-text search and version control.
Official Link: Ademero
Knowmax’s robust ‘Document Management System’ will help create, curate, organize, and distribute product and process information for every team across an organization.
Key advantages of utilizing Knowmax’s document management system:
- Faster and more consistent access to contextual knowledge/information.
- Minimize customer support costs and drive superior Customer Experience (CX).
- Nurture delighted customers across all customer touchpoints, i.e., Web, App, Bot, Social, and Contact Center.
Knowmax offers enterprises a single integrated system with powerful features and capabilities:
- Information Management and Curation – Manage the entire support knowledge through a single admin portal.
- DIY Content Builder – Decision Tree Build, Picture Guide Builder, FAQ, and Article Builder.
- Feedback Management – Easy to submit and track the status of feedback raised by support agents.
- Inbuilt Authorization Process – Define creator and approver processes. Ensure information is approved before publishing.
- Analytics – Generate and access actionable analytics, i.e., usage reports, information created vs. published, and much more.
Document Management reduces the proportion of efforts and time spent on managing documents and contents.
Managing paperwork and tracking records is a tedious job for the one who handles it, but the software mentioned above is much helpful to make it flexible within a lesser time.
Also read =>> Compare the best and free Office Software
Document Management Systems captures and organizes documents into electronic documents for accessing, managing, and tracking them easily at any time as per your need. Capturing and indexing are great features of DMS that are used to combine multiple and larger documents at once.
I hope you have chosen one from the above list!