These are the sample answers to the software testing exercises we posted on following post. Refer this post to see all questions:
What You Will Learn:
Exercise #1: Finding defects Answers
- The user Id field accepts special characters.
- Confirm password field does not show content in encrypted mode.
- The name field does not seem to have any validation for number of characters.
- Captcha is not at all readable.
- There is no way user can reload the captcha.
- Register button should be at bottom rather than on side.
- Register button’s label has “r” instead of “R”.
- There is no cancel button available if user wants to cancel the procedure..
- There is no close button available if user wants to close the page.
- The page title show wrong spelling of Registration.
- Password selection guideline should be provided like the password should be alpha numeric or password strength factor should be present.
- Page title should be New User Registration rather than New Registration.
- Field length and labels should be same for the whole page / form.
- The country field should by default show “Select” rather than selecting a value default.
Exercise #2: Writing test scnearios Answers
Test ideas/scenarios :
- If the checkout counter is human less, scan all the five items, scan your card and make payment.
- The scanners should scan proper relevant information.
- If the checkout counter is human processed, a person to help should be available.
- All the items bought should have barcode so that they are scan able.
- All the items should have MRP printed and scan able so that the software can read it
- The relevant software and printers should be in working condition
- Once all items scanned, a bill should be generated and given to the customer.
- For payment multiple options should be allowed, cash, card (credit card, debit card), coupons (meal passes) etc.
- If payment is done by card, the transactions should be secured.
- If payment is done by cash, counter person must have enough cash to balance the bill.
- If any of the item bought is not scannable, the counter person should be able to help customer.
- Customer should be able to see the EXIT sign easily
- At EXIT, there should be some check that customer carries only the bought and billed items.
Exercise #3: Defect Reporting Answers
Defect: After logging into Gmail, it navigates to Google.com
Title – Gmail login navigates to Google home page rather than mail inbox.
Severity : High
Priority : Critical
Observed on : Windows – FF x.x and IE x.x and Mac – Chrome x
Module : Login
Reproduction Steps :
1. Launch a Gmail link with compatible browsers.
2. Click on Sign in button in link, Gmail login window screen is appeared.
3. Enter a valid login credentials.
4. Click on SIGN IN button,
Defect Status : Open
Assigned to : Project Manager x.x
Exercise #4: Providing Suggestions Answers
- Rather than the question “What is your e-mail address?”, it should be simply “e-mail address”.
- Sign in facility should be available via e-mail as well as userID.
- Rather than asking customer to select whether he is new customer, system should check status of customer based on e-mail address or userID he had provided.
- Most of the time, end user does not concern about info that system is using secure server.it is assumed by default. So the button should be simply Sign In.
- Help link should be available for any customer who is stuck due to any reason.
- Page title should be backgrounded.
- A close button should be available.
- A Cancel button should be available.
All the best.