Complete Hands-On Review of 4K Video Downloader: A Comprehensive Desktop Application To Download High-Quality 4k Video and Audio From YouTube and Other Popular Video Websites like TikTok, Dailymotion, etc.
While watching a video on YouTube, Flickr, TikTok, or any other popular site, did you ever thought of downloading it? if Yes, then you have landed at the right place then.
In this article, we are going to tell you about a superb software using which you can download videos from different popular video services like YouTube, TikTok, Likee, Vimeo, etc. and, that too for free of cost!
Yes, you got it right! There is a software called 4K Video Downloader that downloads any video with ease and, there is no catch here. It’s a 100% genuine tool for downloading videos from the web. It is powerful, perform fast, easy & free to use the software.
There are two versions of this software – one is the free version for which you do not need to pay anything. And, the second is the premium version which is paid. The free version itself is awesome as it allows you to download the videos free, so chances are that the free version will suit you just fine.
Moreover, the premium version gives some add-on benefits like an unlimited number of downloads, no ads, channel subscriptions, and priority support.
4K Video Downloader stands out from other video download services as it is not like those online services that promise you to download videos from the internet, but finally, turn up as a trick or publicity stunt to just grab your attention for marketing purposes. It is different. It is not a web service, instead, it’s a comprehensive desktop application that gets the video downloading job done for you.
In this article, we will be reviewing 4K video Downloader software. We will first take you through all the highlights and then important details about this product so that you can learn using this Downloader. We will also discuss the pros and cons of the tool.
Let’s get started!
What You Will Learn:
4K Video Downloader Review
4K Video Downloader is one of the software amongst the range of five 4K Download programs. It’s a multi-platform download manager that can be used for downloading videos and audios from all popular video websites like YouTube, TikTok, Likee, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Flickr, etc.
It lets you download channels, playlists, and subtitles, also it has a subscription feature, which downloads new videos automatically when they are released on a user- subscribed YouTube channel. This software is available in multiple languages.
- Auto download videos from subscribed youtube channels.
- Smart mode feature to auto-apply preferable settings to all future downloads.
- Allows downloading 3D videos and 360°/virtual reality videos.
- In-app proxy setup to bypass geo-restrictions.
- Extract annotations and subtitles along with videos. Select from over 50 languages.
- Get videos in 4K quality, in fact, up to 8K quality.
- Download full playlists and channels from YouTube in one go.
- Private YouTube content download.
- Allows you to download age-restricted videos, your Watch Later and Liked playlists, and other private content.
- Allows downloading embedded YouTube videos from any website.
License: Freemium, Adware
Initial Release: May 2014
Latest Release: April 2020; this article is reviewed on the latest version – 18.104.22.16880.
Supported Video Services: In addition to YouTube which is no doubt a primary source for a lot of good quality videos, the 4K video downloader also supports a lot of other popular sites for video download.
Below is the list of the websites which are officially supported by this tool:
- Twitch (for recorded streams)
4K Video Downloader is available for all three:
Supported Formats and Quality:
4K Video Downloader allows you to save your downloads in below-supported formats:
- MP4 – Video
- FLV – Video
- MKV – Video
- 3GP – Audio
- MP3 – Audio
- M4A – Audio
- OGG – Audio
There are also multiple resolutions and quality options available among which you can choose:
Performance: The performance of this tool is great. It takes up only a few seconds to parse any video regardless of its format. And, it also downloads the videos very smoothly.
By default, the speed is set to unlimited, so you can utilize the full potential of your network connection. But in case if you have a slow internet connection, you can limit the download speed by changing connection preferences.
4K Video Downloader provides extensive customer support. Even if you are using the free version, you will get great help and support from their team.
Firstly, they have a lot of resources available on their official website that you can go through in order to learn about the tool and explore its features. They have very demonstrative and easy to understand tutorials, videos, blog, and FAQs on their website. And, if your query does not get resolved through tutorials or FAQs, you can directly send them your query through Email.
- The free version is available at no cost. You can download it freely and start using.
- They are also offering licensed version as a family pack at a special price. The paid license lasts a lifetime.
- For the licensed version of 4K Video Downloader, you need to pay $15. It’s a one-time fee for 3 computers.
- For the 4K Download Bundle (comprises of 3 software – 4K Video Downloader, 4K YouTube to MP3, 4K Stogarm), the cost is $25. This is a one-time fee for 3 computers.
- The additional features included in premium version are unlimited playlists, channels and subtitles downloads, channel subscription feature, no advertisements, and future updates included.
Let’s go into the detailed review now. For this review, we have tested the software’s premium version 4.12.1 on Windows 10 platform, which is the latest version currently available for Windows 10.
#1) Go to the official website of 4K Video Download.
#2) Click on the ‘Get 4K Video Downloader’ green button. It automatically detects your computer operating system and will download the installation file accordingly. A msi file will be downloaded to your computer.
#3) Double click the msi file and get started. You will first see the welcome screen of the setup wizard as shown in the below image.
#4) Accept the end-user licensing agreement and click ‘Next’.
#5) It will ask you for the destination folder. You can directly click the ‘Next’ button to keep it to the default folder or you can select a different folder.
#6) Now, click on Install.
#7) The installation will begin as displayed in the below image:
#8) Once the installation is completed, you will see the below screen. Check ‘Launch 4K Video Downloader’ and click ‘Finish’.
Getting Started With 4K Video Downloader
After the installation is complete, 4K video downloader will be launched as a desktop app and you will see the below screen:
As you can see in the above image, the home screen of the software with a demonstrative guide to help you start downloading videos.
In the top bar of the tool, you can see six prominent buttons. Let’s delve into these ones by one:
#1) Paste Link
Let us understand this with the help of an example of a YouTube video download. You go to YouTube and copy the link of any video you like.
The moment you copy the web link/URL of the video from YouTube, 4K video downloader will automatically detect it and enable the paste button with the red icon of YouTube as you can see in the below screen. You just need to click on the Paste button now and it will start parsing the video.
Once the clip is ready for download, it will show you the screen like below. There are so many options to play around. You can select the ‘Download Video’ or ‘extract audio’ option. You can select in which format you want to download the video. For Example, the format which I have selected below is mp4. You can also choose the quality of the video- HD, normal quality, or low resolution.
After selecting from the above options, click on the Download button to start downloading the video.
Once the video gets downloaded, you will get it enlisted as seen in the below image. On the right side, you will see three vertical dots, click on it and you will see options to play the video, show it in the folder, copying the link address, opening the video in the browser, or removing, deleting the video.
#2) Smart Mode
The next button is the smart mode using which you can automate the video downloading. Click on Enable smart mode. You then just need to select your preferences here like the desired format and quality of the downloaded videos. If you want subtitles then you can select the preferred language from the dropdown, and then select the directory in which you want the downloaded videos to be saved.
Now, all these settings will be automatically applied to the next videos you will download. When you will paste a video link, the download will start automatically and it will apply all the settings you did in smart mode.
As you must have seen currently on the above screen, it says ‘Not Activated’. This is for the premium subscription. For this, you will need to purchase a license and then you will have to enter the key by clicking on the ‘Activate Button’.
Now, the premium version will be activated as seen in the below image:
This feature is available only for paid licensed version i.e. the premium version. This is an amazing feature. You can subscribe to a YouTube channel and whenever new videos will be uploaded on the channel, 4K Video Downloader will automatically download them for you.
To use this subscription feature, you just need to copy the YouTube channel link and then click on the Subscriptions button in the 4K Video Downloader. Click on Plus icon to add the channel here.
When you will click the plus icon as shown in the above screen, it will start validating the channel and once done, you will see a screen like below:
Now, you need to click on the Subscribe button. It also has an option to download all the existing videos from this channel in one go.
Next is the preferences button where you can set your various preferences as seen in the screen below:
The last icon you can see at the top right of UI is the help icon. Clicking on this icon will take you on the official website of 4K Video Download where you will be presented with very helpful tutorials on downloading YouTube videos, downloading YouTube playlist, downloading YouTube channel, converting YouTube to mp3, downloading HD videos, downloading YouTube to iTunes, etc.
So, any help you are looking for with regards to usage of this tool, you will find all the answers at this official page of 4k Video Download.
Download The Entire Playlist
With 4K Video Downloader, it’s quite simple to download the entire playlist. Just go to your YouTube account and copy the playlist URL. Make sure that your 4K Video Downloader is open at this time in the background.
Now, come to the 4K Video Downloader and click on the Paste button. You will be presented with an option of whether to download the entire playlist or only the clip. You need to click on the Download playlist button as you have copied the playlist URL.
If you would have copied a particular clip URL out of the whole playlist then you could have selected any of the two options – Download Playlist or Download Clip.
And, done! all the three videos in the YouTube playlist are downloaded.
Isn’t it so easy!
You must have noticed that the playlist we have downloaded is the public playlist in my YouTube account. If it would be a private playlist, we will need to follow an extra step as described below.
Download Private Content, Liked Videos, Watch Later playlist or Age-restricted videos
Suppose, you want to download a private playlist from your YouTube account. You first need to go to Preferences in your 4K Video Downloader and then log in to YouTube from there.
It will take you to the authorization page. Enter your credentials:
Upon successful Login, you will be shown under the Preferences section that you are logged in.
Now, you are good to download age-restricted videos, your Watch Later and Liked Playlist, and other private content.
We need to do the same steps now what we did to download a public playlist.
#1) Copy the private playlist URL from YouTube:
#2) Click on Paste Link in 4K Video Downloader.
#3) Click Download playlist, and it’s done!
Similarly, you can download ‘Watch Later’ and ‘Liked Videos’ after logging into YouTube from the Preferences in 4K Video Downloader.
This feature is really cool because there are high chances that a user will want to download videos from the ‘Watch Later’ playlist or ‘Liked Videos’. So, you can do it easily with 4K Video Downloader. You keep these videos downloaded and saved with you and can also enjoy watching offline later.
TikTok And Likee Download
This feature is recently rolled out with 4.12 version. Using 4K Video Downloader, you can now easily download from TikTok and Likee too. You can also download the entire channel from Likee.
Here, we have simply shown the downloading process of a video from Likee. It is very simple. You just copy the URL of the video from Likee and click on paste link in 4K Video downloader. The video will be downloaded.
Click on the Paste Link in 4K Downloader, and you will get your video downloaded.
4K Video Downloader’s Pros and Cons
After going through the features of this tool in detail, let us summarize 4K Video Downloader’s Pros and Cons.
- Easy to get started: The installation of this software is very quick and hassle-free. It is a comprehensive tool and does not require to install any supporting tools to get started. The entire process of downloading, installing, and getting started will not take more than 2 minutes for you.
- All popular video websites support YouTube, TikTok, Likee, Dailymotion, and many others.
- Amazing UI: The User Interface of 4K Video Downloader is just amazing. It is so user-friendly that you will not feel it like you are using this tool for the first time. There are a lot of hints and illustrative steps displayed on the UI screen that will help you to use the product.
- Great UX: This tool provides a great user experience. For instance, if you have downloaded multiple videos from the same YouTube channel then the application understands your preferences and will give you a dialog box asking you if you want to download the entire channel in one go as you have already downloaded many videos from that channel. So, this is an intelligent tool that offers suggestions based on the user’s actions and patterns.
- Download private playlists, Watch Later and Liked playlists: Once you Log in to your YouTube account from 4K Video Downloader Preferences, it allows you to download age-restricted videos, your Watch Later, and Liked playlists, and other private content.
- Download with subtitles: This is yet another cool feature of this app. It allows you to download audios or videos with subtitles. You can either chose to embed the subtitle in the video or save it separately as .srt file.
- Great Performance: 4K Video Downloader is superfast. It parses the videos in few seconds regardless of their format, and it allows you to control the connection speed for downloads.
- Quality: It allows you to download videos in rich quality. You can go up to 8K resolution. You can watch the downloaded videos on your HD TV, iPad, and other devices.
- Plenty of customization available: You can do your preferable settings under Preferences and it will make future downloads easy and smooth for you.
- Multi linguistic support: 4K Video Downloader speaks your language! This software is available in any popular language you can imagine -English, German, French, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, and whatnot.
- Regular updates: This software receives frequent updates. They keep on removing any existing bugs and introducing new features. With the premium plan, you can always keep the software up to date as future updates are included in the premium plan with no extra fees.
- Brilliant Support: There are plenty of resources available on their website to explore the tool. They also respond quickly to customer queries and issues.
- The free version limits the number of playlist and channel downloads.
- This software is currently not available on mobile platforms. It can add to the great user experience if, in the future, this software can be made available on mobile platforms as well.
- Advertisement in the free version.
Overall, 4K Video Downloader is a supercool software for downloading videos and audios in high quality from all the popular video hosting websites – YouTube, Flick, Daily motion, Likee, TikTok, and many more! The performance of this tool is superb. The best part is that the free version itself offers so many exciting features and is self-sufficient for downloading videos without any compromise in quality and speed.
Further reading =>> Top Video Downloaders for Chrome Browser
Downloading the videos using this tool is super easy. You just need to copy-paste the URL and it’s done! This is one of the most powerful tools so far for downloading videos.
It supports any imaginable audio & video formats, any imaginable resolution and on top of that, it works on all – Windows, Mac, and Linux.
We highly recommend this tool for downloading YouTube videos up to 8k quality. The overall rating is 9.5/10.