QuickTest Pro – QTP Functional testing tool review
There are hundreds of automation tools in the market. Choosing automation tool for your organization is really a difficult task.
Here I am reviewing HP- QTP (QuickTest Pro) tool for Automation testing.
QTP is widely used test automation tool mainly for functional testing. QTP has many more advanced options and HP recommends that all existing and new users should begin with QTP instead of WinRunner.
Features of QTP:
- Ease of use.
- Simple interface.
- Presents the test case as a business workflow to the tester (simpler to understand).
- Uses a real programming language (Microsoft’s VBScript) with numerous resources available.
- QuickTest Pro is significantly easier for a non-technical person to adapt to and create working test cases, compared to WinRunner.
- Data table integration better and easier to use than WinRunner.
- Test Run Iterations/Data driving a test is easier and better implement with QuickTest.
- Parameterization easier than WinRunner.
- Can enhance existing QuickTest scripts without the “Application Under Test” being available; by using the ActiveScreen.
- Can create and implement the Microsoft Object Model (Outlook objects, ADO objects, FileSystem objects, supports DOM, WSH, etc.).
- Better object identification mechanism.
- Numerous existing functions available for implementation – both from within QuickTest Pro and VBScript.
- QTP supports .NET development environment
- XML support
- The Test Report is more robust in QuickTest compared to WinRunner.
- Integrates with TestDirector and WinRunner (can kick off WinRunner scripts from QuickTest).
I am getting more and more questions on QTP. So I have approached some QTP experts to answer all our reader’s questions. If you have any query related to QTP implementation or execution you can comment it below. All questions will be answered in coming posts.