HP ALM 12.x Certification Guide
As observed during my professional journey, people appear for certifications to strengthen their resume. There may be some who opt for the same for knowledge purpose too.
Whatever may be the reason, those who appear for the certification, gaining the grip on the subject will be an add-on for their technical career.
To get the latest “HP ATP – Application Lifecycle Management v12” certification you need to pass the exam
HP0-M101: HP Application Lifecycle Management ALM 12.x.
This is the latest HP ALM certification.
Certification code: HP0-M101
Exam duration: 2 hours
Total 75 questions and passing score 60%
You should have hands on 3 to 6 months experience on HPE ALM 12.x Software.
- ALM Concepts, architecture, and components
- ALM Modules: Management, Requirements, Testing, Defects
- Dashboard, Reporting and Data Management
- ALM Integrations and Extensions
- Site and Project Customizations
Exam Registration Steps:
- Get HPE Learner ID here
- Get the Pearson VUE login and password
- Register for the exam here
- Under HPE0/HP0: Locate and select Pearson VUE testing center and register for the exam online.
HP ATP – Application Lifecycle Management v12″ is the basic, or, the first level of certification. The next level in this series is “HP ASE – Application Lifecycle Management Implementation v12.
- You will find all the details related to the certification on – “HP ATP – Application Lifecycle Management v12” here.
- Kindly click on this link and follow the instructions. Choose the option “Get started Customers” or as applicable and proceed.
- Once you have registered and created a profile with HPE certification & learning, you will receive an HPE Learner ID which will be associated to your profile.
- Kindly use the HPE Learner ID to register with Pearson Vue.
- Please note, you need to register with the correct name, as available in your government ID in order to avoid any error or complications at the time of writing the exam.
Certification Upgrade path:
If you had HP AIS – Application Lifecycle Management v11 (now inactive) certification you can upgrade to HP ATP – Application Lifecycle Management v12 certificate, exam id: HP2-N51.
Check below the general exam guide and preparation tips. It also includes information on the earlier inactive QC ALM certifications.
Quality Center is a web-based test management tool used to maintain, save and document all the details such as requirements, test cases, bugs etc., that are included in the process of the application testing based on our convenience and usage. QC acts as an intermediary for interaction between many teams like testing teams, developers, clients etc.
QC has the following features:
- Works as a common repository for all the testing related activities. All the details and data related to the whole testing process can be saved in it.
- Maintains a clear idea and indicates the proper flow of testing from one stage to the other like requirements gathering to design phase.
- At any point of the testing life cycle, the quality of the application can be viewed and pointed out.
- Test statistics can be viewed in our desired formats like graphs, chart at any point in time.
- Maintains the bugs data and their statuses in the testing process which eases the tester or developer to carry out their activities without any difficulty.
HP QC Software Certifications:
Coming to Quality Center certifications, there are two levels of HP QC certifications.
- Accredited Integration Specialist (AIS ) is the beginner’s level or foundation level certification exam.
- Accredited Solutions Expert (ASE ) is the advanced level certification exam.
You will be eligible for ASE certification only when you have successfully qualified the first level i.e., AIS certification.
History of QC/ALM Certifications:
Earlier, to be certified as Accredited Integration Specialist (AIS) in HP Quality Center v9 you have to clear both the exams:
HP Quality Center 9.2 Software – Exam Code HP0-M15 (Mandatory)
HP QuickTest Professional 9.2 Software – Exam Code HP0-M16
(Note: You may refer to this link for HP QTP Certification Exam Complete Guide:)
Later in QC 10.0 versions also people used to get the AIS HP Quality Center v10 certificate only when they complete both HP QTP 10.0 (Code HP0-M9) and HP QC 10.0 (Code HP0-M31) certifications. You can take these exams in same or different settings as per your convenience and availability of slot at the examination/Prometric center.
HP QC ALM Certification Introduction:
HP Quality Center 11.0 version is now termed as Application Lifecycle Management 11.x software (ALM). From the latest version of Quality Center i.e., QC v11.0 only one core exam (Code HP0-M46) needs to be taken by the individuals to get the HP Quality Center AIS certificate.
To clear this exam, it is recommended for the individual to have at least 2 to 3 months hands-on experience with HP ALM because the exams are based on the industry standards which can be gained only through proper training and hands-on.
How to apply or enroll:
At first, you need to apply for the HP Learner’s ID. The HP learner ID is your unique identification within the ExpertONE certified community. With this unique ID, you can take multiple exams related to HP and achieve as many certifications as you want.
Registration for all HPE Certifications and Learning exams can be completed at pearsonvue.
Or a direct link here can be used.
You can select your specific region or country and continue with the further process. You will be prompted with a form with few fields like First Name, Last Name, Email etc., Input all the mandatory data and proceed further.
Within 3 days you will be receiving your HP Learner ID and next you can apply for your desired certification (example: Code HP0-M46 for Quality Center ALM 11.x) through Pearson Vue.
After that you can take the exam at any Prometric center (Provides services for assessments and conducts the AIS certification exams on behalf of HP) now known as Pearson VUE Test Centers, can be located through this link.
No. of questions: 63
Questions type: multiple choice (single response), multiple choice (multiple responses) and drag and drop
Passing Score: 74%
How to Prepare for the certification
1. Basic tip for preparing for the certification is to have a free flow hands-on experience on QC ALM 11.0 Like modules, the navigation paths, menu options in all available menus, items in all tabs etc..,
2. Taking up any pieces of training on Quality Center 11.0
3. After following the above steps, going through some sample or mock papers of ALM 11.0 will be useful.
4. Prepare for some scenario based questions too.
Syllabus for the Certification exam:
Example questions on modules, tabs, and scenario based of QC: (Answers in bold)
Q #1) Tests to a test set can be added to the test lab module from which of these below tabs? (Select Two)
A. Testing Tree tab
B. Requirements Tree tab
C. Test Plan Tree tab
D. Releases Tree tab
E. Cycle Tree tab
Q #2) Which of these below modules has the Auto mail customization feature?
A. all licensed modules
B. only Test Lab and Defects
C. only Defects
D. only Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, and Defects
Q #3) Which tabs are available in the right pane of the Requirements Details view? (Select two)
A. Requirements Traceability
B. Test Coverage
C. Requirements Coverage
D. Test Plan Description
E. Linked Test Unit
Q #4) A tester faces a problem that the HP Sprinter is not allowing him to attach a movie of the test run to the defect he is logging. What is the solution for this problem?
A. Adjusting the options in the HP Sprinter user interface
B. Re-establishing the connection of HP Application Lifecycle Management
C. Project administrator enabling the ‘allow attaching movies to defects?’ option on the Customization > HP Sprinter page
D. Project administrator enabling the ‘allow attaching movies to defects?’ option for the user group on the Customization > Groups and Permissions > Defects page
Q #5) Which of the following is a prerequisite for using the Business Models module?
A. Models must be created in standard BPMN or EPC modeling tools.
B. Models must be created using RUP. C. Models must be created in Excel.
D. HP Application Lifecycle Management Modeling Manager must be implemented.
That is all about HP ALM 12.x certification I wanted to share with you. Before appearing for the exam make sure you have sufficient information and knowledge regarding the HP ALM 12.0 software.
Please feel free to post your comments, questions and/or clarifications below :)